Chapter 39: Not Mine, Not Me

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 39: Not Mine, Not Me

 

Weeks passed and who would have thought that it’s now finally February. I’ve been here for almost 8 months. Time flies so fast. GOT7 were busy with their activities so I wasn’t able to meet Mark for weeks. GOT7 celebrated their 1st anniversary but due to conflict of schedule, I wasn’t able to be there. Oh well.

 

Today’s another day.

 

Suddenly, I remembered the bracelet again, the one that fell during JB’s birthday. It really looks like it’s my bracelet.

 

*flashback*

 

“I thought you lost it?” I told Mark.

 

Mark looked so surprised and grabbed the bracelet immediately.

 

“Oh,” Mark said. “Does it look like the one I lost?”

 

Mark is acting kinda weird. I was trying to get the bracelet but he refused.

 

“It’s Jessica’s bracelet.” he added.

 

“But I’m sure it’s mine.” I said as I try to get it back but Mark refused to give me.

 

I’m really sure it’s mine. I saw the initials BJL. It’s mine. I know it’s mine but Mark keeps on insisting that it was Jessica’s.

 

“What’s happening there?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“Ah,” I said. “Nothing. Youngjae was just looking for his gift for JB.”

 

I looked at JB and saw that he was staring at Mark so surprised. I looked at Youngjae and asked him to go there and give his gift already. Youngjae nodded and immediately gave his gift to JB.

 

Mark looked at me, “It’s Jessica’s. I’m sure of it because there’s the initial of her friends’ name. Bong, Joey, and Lilly. It’s their friendship bracelet.”

 

I just remained silent. Maybe I was just imagining things. Maybe it wasn’t really mine. Maybe it just looks the same. Ahy, Rhianne, bracelets may look the same. But why is Jessica’s bracelet with him? That thing entered my mind.

 

“Maybe I just missed that bracelet.” I said and just smiled at Mark.

 

“I’m sorry I lost it. I’ll just find something like that again.” he said.

 

“No need.” I said.

 

The value can’t be returned anymore. I just hope that the one who gave me is not mad at me even though he doesn’t know that I lost it.

 

*end of flashback*

 

Wooh. Whatever. Mark wouldn’t hide things from me, I know. He’s telling the truth. I should believe in him.

 

Today, we’re going to have a meeting with JYP to know our schedules for the next weeks or even months. Wooh! I’m excited with this. I just hope I won’t enter any drama series ‘cause I don’t know how will I be able to handle acting series. I’m not as good as Suzy sunbae.

 

But before we have our meeting, we’ll enter our training again. Yes, training. After debut, we still have trainings. Actually, it’s harder than before we debut, but still it’s fun training. I can feel that I became a better person. Haha.

 

I prepared myself and went to the dance hall where we’re going to train. We’re going to have our dance training again. -_- Oh no.

 

As I entered the hall, I saw Joo, Baek Ah Yeon, and Yerin there.

 

“Where’s Jimin?” I asked Yerin.

 

“She has an appointment for today so she will not be able to attend today’s training.” Yerin said.

 

“Ooh.” I said. “Okay. Will 6mix be with us?”

 

“6mix have their shooting at Weekly Idol today.” Joo unnie said.

 

“Is that so?” I said. “So it’s only the four of us?”

 

“I think so.” Joo unnie said. “I don’t know if we will be with miss A”

 

Suddenly, Kahi unnie entered the room.

 

“So how was everybody?” she asked.

 

“Doing great.” Joo unnie said.

 

“So, I guess we can start our training.” she said.

 

We started to stand up and looked at the mirror. We had some dance warm-ups first. We should always warm up first before doing heavy things or else we’ll end up having cramps.

 

“We’re going to make you a little flexible today.” Kahi unnie said.

 

The moment I heard the word ‘flexible’ the thing that entered my mind is bending, split or whatever acrobatic things.

 

“Okay, everyone form a line.” Kahi unnie said.

 

We started forming a line and our position was like this --> Joo, Ah Yeon, Me, Yerin

 

“I want everybody to hold hands with each other and try to pull each other without falling.” Kahi unnie said.

 

We followed what she said and we held hands and started pulling each other. Suddenly,

 

 

*bang*

 

Ah Yeon removed her hands so Yerin and I fell down. I don’t know if she purposely did it but I just stood up again and help Yerin stand up too.

 

“Be careful everyone. Ah Yeon, try to hold tightly.” Kahi unnie said. Ah Yeon just nodded.

 

Yerin suddenly whispered to me, “She did that purposely.”

 

“Yah, Yerin-a, what did I tell you before?” I said.

 

“Fine, unnie. Fine.” she said.

 

I smiled at Yerin and started to do things again. This time, we made it. I think Ah Yeon didn’t purposely do that. She might slip her hand that’s why we fell down.

 

“The next one, everyone raise your right hand.” Kahi unnie said.

 

When Ah Yeon raised her hand it hit my left eye.

 

“Aww.” I exclaimed.

 

“Yah!” Yerin shouted. I stopped Yerin.

 

“Ooh, I’m sorry Rhianne.” Ah Yeon said.

 

“No it’s fine.” I said and smiled at her. She smiled back at me.

 

“It seems like Ah Yeon is kinda clumsy today.” Kahi unnie said. “Are you alright Ah Yeon?”

 

“I was just shocked by a news but don’t worry, I’m fine.” Ah Yeon said.

 

Kahi unnie nodded, “I wonder what news is that. But anyway, let’s start the training again.”

 

I also wondered what news is that. Oh well, it’s not my life so I won’t interfere.

 

We started training again. After the whole dance training, Joo unnie and I was able to do the split and bending. Actually, I know how to bend even before so it was easy for me same as with splitting.

 

After that, we went to our locker rooms to change our clothes. Yerin got a phone call so she went out earlier than me. So only Joo unnie, Baek Ah Yeon and I were in the locker room.

 

“I heard that Mark and you are in a relationship.” Ah Yeon said.

 

I looked at her feeling so surprised. I don’t know what to say.

 

“What are you…” I was about to say something then she interrupted me.

 

“Don’t lie anymore. Mark was the one who told me.” she said then she looked at me. “Congratulations! Mark was able to admit his feelings for you and he’s not afraid of what may happen to both of your careers.”

 

The tone of Ah Yeon’s voice was with a little sarcasm. I don’t know what to say so I just stayed quiet. Ah Yeon suddenly went out of the room banging the door.

 

Joo unnie tapped me. “Don’t worry. It’ll be my secret. I won’t tell anyone, but does JYP knows about this?” she asked.

 

I shook my head, “He doesn’t know that we’re in a relationship. He just knows that we’re dating.”

 

Joo unnie nodded, “I know JYP will understand, but make sure that both of you will tell him soon, so he will not be shocked if rumors occur.”

 

“Ahm, excuse me.” I said.

 

“Yes?” Joo said.

 

“But why is Ah Yeon like that? I mean, she seems to be mad at me.” I told Joo unnie.

 

“Don’t tell her that I told you this,” Joo said.

 

I nodded at her.

 

“Ah Yeon and Mark were so close when Ah Yeon went to the dorms. Before, I thought that they were dating already but Mark denied it.” Joo said.

 

I was kinda shocked with what she is saying. I didn’t know. Mark never told me anything.

 

“Mark didn’t admit that he likes Ah Yeon but Ah Yeon likes Mark. Well, who won’t like Mark? He’s the most handsome person I ever met, next to Leeteuk oppa.” she said and smiled.

 

Oh yeah, she met Super Junior’s Leeteuk when they had a duet on the song entitled ‘Ice Cream’.

 

“But wait, I thought Baek Ah Yeon has a boyfriend during KPOP Star.” I said.

 

“Yes, she had. But she broke up with him, they said it was because of Lee Seunghoon but I don’t know really.” Joo unnie said.

 

I don’t know what to say. A lot of things happen before and I don’t know how to put everything in mind.

 

“And now, she knew that you two are already in a relationship so that kinda breaks her heart.” Joo unnie said.

 

“But I didn’t know.” I said.

 

“It’s fine if you don’t know anything.” she said. “’Cause the more you know, the more painful life will be.”

 

The more I know, the more painful life will be. I just kinda smirked I think?

 

“I’ll just keep it as a secret too.” I told Joo unnie.

 

“Just be careful right now, you’re still new in the industry. Don’t be like me.” Joo unnie said.

 

She smiled at me.

 

Oh yeah, Joo unnie got into a scandal before that’s why she decided to be a trainee again. And I guess, she’ll have a comeback now. It’s been years.

 

I never thought Joo will be this kind. When I watched her on Dream High 1, she was one of the meanies there. But in the real world, she’s not.

 

After our conversation there, we went to JYP’s office because we’ll have our meeting. I was with Joo. When we entered the office, I saw Jimin there and Baek Ah Yeon. Yerin wasn’t there yet. I sat down beside Jimin.

 

“Oh, Yerin is not yet here?” JYP asked.

 

Suddenly the door opened, “Sorry I’m late.” Yerin said.

 

“Oh, it’s fine. We’re not yet even starting.” JYP said.

 

When Yerin sat down already, we started the meeting.

 

“So this is going to be your schedule for the following weeks.” JYP said.

 

“All of you here, together with GOT7 were invited on the Valentines’ special of After School Club. So you’ll be there. Baek Ah Yeon…” JYP said.

 

Ah Yeon looked at JYP.

 

“You’ll also be performing ‘Good Boy’ with Jackson, Mark and Bambam.” he added.

 

I saw Ah Yeon smiled.

 

“15& will perform together with JB, Jr, and Youngjae, a duet song, ‘Way Back into Love’. JB will be partnered with Rhianne, Jr with Yerin and Youngjae with Jimin” JYP said.

 

We all nodded. I’m going to sing a duet with JB.

 

“And Joo, you’ll be performing ‘Ice Cream’ with Yugyeom.” JYP added. “That’ll be your first out on TV before your comeback. You’ve worked hard and I want you to return to this industry.”

 

Joo smiled. “Okay.” she said.

 

I told you she’s going to have a comeback. Well, past is past right? There are times that we make mistakes but that doesn’t mean we can’t change. And I guess, Joo unnie decided to change for the better. I’m so happy for her.

 

“Plus, Rhianne, you play tennis right?” JYP said.

 

I nodded at JYP. “You’re invited to play at the quarterly mini Olympic game on the 18th of March together with Yerin, who’ll be playing too and GOT7.”

 

“Jimin will be there too to sing Korea’s national anthem but she will not play.” JYP said.

 

“Ooh, I’m going to be the opening?” Jimin said.

 

“Yes,” JYP said.

 

“Ooh, it’s going to be fun.” Jimin said.

 

I smiled at Jimin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter