Chapter 37: New Year with Friends

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 37: New Year with Friends

 

2014 is the year where it all started. 2014 was the year I finally got out from my university. It was also the year where I first took my step on South Korea, my favorite place ever. It was also the year where I was able to fulfill my dreams, and it was also the year where I met him, Mark.

 

A lot of things happened this year and in a few minutes, we’re going to have a new year. 2015 – Another 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes, and 3, 153,600 seconds of experiences, progress and may be heartbreaks too. We don’t know what will happen to us the next year.

 

I’ve been here in Korea for about 6 months, and it will be my first time to experience New Year here. I wonder how they celebrate it.

 

I looked at my phone and it’s already 8pm and by 9pm we’ll be gathering there at the rooftop, to have some bonding time. Who’re there? Of course, 15& will be there. When it comes to party, Jimin and Yerin will never miss it. GOT7 will be there too of course, there’s a lot of food there. They will never miss it.

 

Actually, GOT7 and 15& planned this. We also invited 5live and 6mix to join us but it seems like they’re busy so we don’t know if they’ll come. We also invited our seniors some of them said yes, some said they’ll celebrate at home.

 

“Unnie, we’ll be going there already to prepare some foods.” Jimin said.

 

“Oh, okay. I’ll be going there later, I’m just writing something.” I said.

 

I was writing a message of thanksgiving to God for giving me this wonderful year. I guess, after the year I was born, this is the next best year that has happened in my life. After writing it, I decided to go there.

 

I went out of the dorm and started walking.

 

“Rhianne-a?”

 

I looked at my back and saw JB there.

 

“Oh, JB. You’re going up too?” I asked him.

 

“Yes.” he said. “Let’s go together.”

 

We started walking together to the rooftop.

 

“Rhianne, can I ask something?” he said.

 

“Sure. What’s it?” I said.

 

“Do you feel jealous when Mark is with other girls?” he asked me.

 

Suddenly, my heart started to beat irregularly again. I stopped for a bit and leaned on the wall. I can see my hands shaking.

 

“Are you alright?” he asked me.

 

I started having difficulty on my breathing again. Why am I like this? What is happening with me?

 

JB held my hand. “You’re cold.” he said.

 

I closed my eyes and breathe deeply.

 

“I’m fine.” I said. “These past few days, whenever I hear Mark’s name, I’m starting to palpitate or what.”

 

JB smiled, “It’s just that may be you’re too in love with him.”

 

“Maybe.” I said.

 

I started walking again. “About the question you were asking,”

 

I paused for a bit. “Yeah, I feel jealous. Like always.”

 

Then I looked at JB. “I’m the kind of person who is selfish. It’s just that maybe, I wanted a lot of love since I haven’t felt it for all of my life.” I said.

 

JB smiled.

 

“A lot of people loves you now.” he said. “Including me.”

 

I looked again at JB.

 

“Of course, I’m your fan.” he said.

 

And I smiled at JB. I thought he meant something else. We then arrived at the rooftop and saw Jinyoung, Jimin, Yerin, Bambam and Youngjae preparing.

 

“Where are Jackson and Yugyeom?” I asked.

 

“Uhh, they’re buying something.” JB said.

 

Suddenly, I realized, Mark was not here.

 

“Is Mark with them?” I asked them.

 

Youngjae and Bambam looked at each other.

 

“Mark hyung is just getting something in the dorms.” Youngjae said utterly.

 

“In the dorms? But I was the last one in the dorms.” JB said.

 

“I… I don’t know.” Bambam said. “He said that he’ll just get something at the dorm.”

 

It’s kinda weird. Bambam and Youngjae are kinda tensed with what they are saying. Is there something that Mark is doing that I should not know?

 

I texted him.

 

 

To: Peter Pan <3

 

Oppa, where are you? I’m already here at the rooftop.

 

 

I waited for his reply. Suddenly my phone rang. He was calling.

 

“Where are you?” I asked.

 

“You’re so sweet.” he said.

 

“What?” I said.

 

“Mark!” a girl shouted.

 

“Is that Baek Ah Yeon?” I asked.

 

“Uhh.. yeah. GOT7 invited her and I was here to fetch her.” he said.

 

“Oh, is that so? Okay.” I said then I ended our phone call.

 

So he’s with Baek Ah Yeon now. That’s why maybe Bambam and Youngjae are tensed. I came near them.

 

“You should have told me earlier that Mark is with Baek Ah Yeon.” I said to Youngjae and Bambam.

 

They looked at each other, “I’m sorry noona. It’s just that maybe you’ll get mad at Mark hyung.” Bambam said.

 

I smiled at them, “Why will I get mad? I don’t get jealous easily.” I said.

 

“Next time, we’ll tell the truth.” Youngjae said.

 

“Good boy.” I said as I tapped him.

 

I noticed that JB was looking at me, slowly shaking his head. I looked at him and asked him why but he just shook his head and went to Jinyoung. What did I say?

 

“We’re here!” Jackson exclaimed.

 

Jackson and Yugyeom entered and they were holding bags of fireworks.

 

“oooh!” Jimin exclaimed. “Fireworks!”

 

“During New Year, we should be happy and noisy so we bought these.” Jackson said. “By the way, where is Mark?”

 

“He’s with Baek Ah Yeon.” I said.

 

They all looked at me.

 

“Why?” I said. “Did I just say something wrong?”

 

Jinyoung suddenly pulled me far from them.

 

“Why is Mark with Baek Ah Yeon?” he asked.

 

“Mark said that GOT7 invited her. So he was fetching her.” I said. “What’s the matter?”

 

“Tsk.” Jinyoung said.

 

“Hey, what’s the matter?” I asked Jinyoung.

 

“Don’t you feel jealous?” he said.

 

I just smiled weakly.

 

“No need to answer.” he said. “I already know the answer from your eyes.”

 

Jinyoung is really good at knowing the emotions of people. He can read it in our eyes. That’s why I can’t pretend that I’m fine even though I’m not.

 

He pulled me, “Stay with JB first.” he said.

 

“What’s happening?” I asked JB. “Is there something I should know?”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter