Chapter 30: Special Day

Way Back Home (GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30: Special Day

 

 

Weeks have passed after the ONE MIC Concert. It’s already September. Time flies so fast. Nothing special really happened. I’m sorry my life is totally boring. -_-

 

“Eonni! Eonnie eonni!” Yerin keeps shaking me on my bed trying to wake me up.

 

Ugh. Yerin I’m still sleepy.

 

“What’s the matter Yerin?” I told her with my eyes barely opening.

 

“Yah, don’t you know what date is today?” she said.

 

Today? If I can remember, yesterday was September 3. So today is September 4.

 

“It’s September 4.” I said coldly.

 

“You don’t know anything about September 4?” she said.

 

I shook my head. “What’s with today?”

 

She hit me a lot.

 

“Yah!” I said. “What’s wrong?”

 

I rose up my bed and started to walk to the door leaving Yerin there.

 

What’s with September 4?

 

 

“It’s Mark oppa’s birthday today.” Yerin said.

 

 

I stopped. He’s birthday is today? Like, for real?

 

What kind of fan am I? I don’t know my idol’s birthday. -_- I need to pretend that I know today is Mark’s birthday. But I really don’t know. Sorry. -_-

 

“I know.” I said.

 

“Aren’t you going to do something special today?” she asked.

 

“I haven’t thought about it.” I said. But honestly, I really don’t know.

 

Pabo Rhianne! You’re such a pabo!

 

“Well.” Yerin said as if she was asking me to do something.

 

Yerin stared at me for so long.

 

“Fine. I get it. I’ll do something for him.” I said.

 

Yerin smiled and hugged me. “What are you going to do?”

 

“Can you please let him out of the dorm?” I said.

 

Yerin looked at me, “Why?”

 

“I was thinking that I’ll pretend that I do not know that today is Mark’s birthday. You’ll ask him to go with you in some place then I’ll prepare something inside his room.”

 

Yerin was listening attentively. Haha. So cute. :3

 

“Then, I’ll text you if I’m done then you’ll bring him home. But not in his room.” I said.

 

Yerin nodded. “After that, we’ll meet then we’ll talk and he’ll get mad at me because I didn’t greet him a ‘Happy Birthday’ and he’ll enter his room. Voila! The surprise is there.”

 

I’m really intelligent. I had that idea like right now only?

 

“Oooh.” Yerin said. “Nice idea. Okay, I’ll go now. Start preparing.”

 

Yerin went out of my room.

 

The moment she has shut the door I went back to my bed and covered my mouth with my pillow.

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

 

Why are you like that Rhianne? Why don’t you know that today is Mark’s birthday? What are you going to do now?

 

*portraits*

 

 

Aaaaahhh! I now know. I’ll just give him all of my portraits. I’ll make a huge design on his wall.

 

Aish. Why the portraits? It’s my collection. -_- Huhuhu. Why did you forget Rhianne? You should’ve prepared something.

 

I have to call Jinyoung.

 

I took my phone and called Jinyoung.

 

*ring**ring*

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Jinyoung said.

 

It looks like, he’s still sleeping. I woke him up. -_-

 

“Did I wake you up?” I said.

 

“Kinda.” he said. “What’s up?”

 

“Ooh. I’m sorry. But can I ask you a favor?” I said.

 

“Sure, what? *yawn*” he said.

 

I’m sorry Jinyoungie for waking you up. :3

 

“Today is Mark’s birthday,” I said.

 

“I know and?” he said.

 

“Can you let me enter the dorm later? I’ll put a surprise thing in his room. Yerin will make sure that Mark won’t enter the room.” I said.

 

“Uhm, okay.” Jr said. “I’ll take a look if Mark hyung is still here. I’ll call you later.”

 

“Yay! Thank you Jinyoungiiieeee.”

 

Our phone call ended. Then there’s a text message.

 

From: Peter Pan <3

 

Hey. I’m going out with Yerin today. Hope you’ll not get jealous. kkkkk. By the way, are you free for tonight? Papa Tuan is asking GOT7 and the others to go to the apartment tonight. We’re going to celebrate a little

 

Ooh, so it seems like there’s a party going to happen. I replied to his text.

 

To: Peter Pan <3

 

It’s fine with me. Have fun! I have nothing to do tonight. I’ll join. By the way, is there an occasion or something? What will we celebrate?

 

Hahaha. I pretended I didn’t know. But if Yerin did not tell me those things, I really don’t know.

 

From: Peter Pan <3

 

You don’t know anything? -_-

 

I think he’s kinda pissed. Hahaha. Don’t worry Mark. I know it.

 

To: Peter Pan <3

 

I’m sorry but I really don’t know. Is there something I should know? J

 

It took him too long to reply. He’s probably mad.

 

From: Peter Pan <3

 

Nothing. I’ll just fetch you later. -_-

 

Hahaha. He’s mad. My plan is slowly working. *insert evil laugh here*

 

Now, I just have to prepare the things I’ll need. I started looking for my portraits and looked for some art materials in my bag.

 

“Ooh.” I said.

 

Something fell on the ground. What’s this?

 

I took it.

 

“A bracelet?” I said. “When did I have this… Aaaaah.”

 

Suddenly I remembered one thing.

 

*flashback to the moment when Rhianne is still singing on the streets*

 

“Great singing Rhianne! Wooooh!” A lot of people screamed after I performed here in the streets of Seoul.

 

“Thank you everyone! I’ll be here again tomorrow! Hope you’ll come!” I said.

 

“Of course we will.” they said.

 

After my performance, people started giving me money. I’ll be able to use this money for my transportation to different entertainments.

 

“Hey” someone said.

 

I looked at him. Is it really cold that he has to wear a lot and even cover his face? This man is kinda weird.

 

“Do you need something?” I said.

 

“I heard your performance and I would like to give you this.” he handed me a piece of paper. “I always hear you sing.”

 

“What’s this?” I asked him.

 

“Open it.” he said.

 

Just as he said, I opened the paper and saw a bracelet there full of stars. I looked at him.

 

“Why do you have to give me this? It looks like expensive.” I said trying to give him back the bracelet.

 

“No, it’s fine. It’s yours. Continue dreaming!” he said then he ran.

 

“Yah!” I said.

 

“I wasn’t able to even say thanks to him. Oh well, I’ll just put it…” I said while I was searching for a place to put it. “Ah, I’ll just put it here together with my art materials so I will not lose it.”

 

*end of flashback*

 

I again started to wonder who that guy is. Well, I think I’d wear this for now. It looks cute. He told me to continue dreaming. How sweet. Starting now, aside from Mark’s necklace this will also be an important thing for me.

 

I’ll continue dreaming. I promise.

 

“Rhianne-a!” Jinyoung shouted while he was knocking on my door.

 

“Wait a minute!” I said.

 

I immediately opened the door and saw Jinyoung. I smiled at him.

 

“Did you do something with Mark hyung?” he asked.

 

“Why?” I said.

 

“He went out with Yerin looking very mad.” he said.

 

“Ow. He’s really mad at me? Haha” I said. “I pretended that I don’t know that today is his birthday.”

 

“Ow really? It seems like you need a lot of explanation. Haha.” Jinyoung said. “They’re already out. You can go now to the dorms.”

 

“You think so? Don’t worry I’ll make his birthday so special.” I said.

 

I went back to my room to get my things.

 

“Portraits, check. Papers, check. Coloring Pens, check. Everything is ready.” I said.

 

I brought all those things to Mark’s room. I saw Jackson there smiling in front of his cellphone.

 

“Annyeong Jackson!” I said.

 

“Oh Rhianne-a, why are you here?” Jackson said then he saw the things I’m holding. “Ahh, I already know. It’s for Mark, right?”

 

I nodded. “Yes, it’s for his birthday.”

 

“So, I’m right.” Jackson said.

 

“Right about what?” I asked.

 

“I know that YOU (pointed to me) knew that today is Mark’s birthday. You’re just pretending that you don’t know. Right?” he said.

 

“Is Mark mad?” I asked.

 

“He’s definitely disappointed with you.” Jackson said. “But I’m sure after he sees that, he’ll no longer be disappointed.”

 

Jackson smiled then he stood up, “So how can I help you?”

 

I think. What can Jackson do to help me?

 

“Ah, can you just cut tapes for me?” I said.

 

“Certainly.” Jackson said. “I’ll use my fencing skills with this.”

 

He said that while doing his fencing pose. He’s really such a joker.

 

“What’s the connection between fencing and cutting tapes?” I said.

 

“Nothing.” Jackson said. “Hahahahah. Okay stop. I’ll cut it now.” then he sat down.

 

Jackson is really a retarded one. How can Mark take Jackson as his roommate? If I’m Mark,

 

Mark Tuan

Cause of Death: Forgot to breathe due to severe laughing caused by corny jokes

Murderer: Jackson Wang

 

Hahaha. But I’m not Mark, so it’ll not happen. Hahah.

 

He started cutting some tapes and I started to arrange the portraits and pictures of Mark. I decided to put a ‘Happy Birthday Mark!’ using these pictures and portraits.

 

“Are you the one who drew these things?” Jackson asked.

 

“Oh, yes. I did that when I was in the Philippines. I was so stressed because of our Special Problem so I took a rest and made that.” I said.

 

“Special Problem? Is there such thing as a special problem? It sounds funny.” Jackson said.

 

“A special problem is like a thesis. It’s a requirement before we graduate. If we will not be able to finish it, we won’t be able to graduate.” I said.

 

“Oh. College is definitely tough right?” he asked.

 

“Definitely. Especially when you don’t want the course you’re taking.” I said.

 

“Why? What’s your course? And what course do you want?” he asked.

 

“I am studying Statistics but all I want is to study Music but my parents don’t want. So yeah, I was forced to finish a course I never imagined I’ll be taking.” I said.

 

“Oooh. I heard that Statistics is difficult.” he said.

 

“Like totally.” I said. “I still don’t understand why I have to take it.”

 

I started to put those portraits on the wall when JB entered the room

 

“Ooh, Rhianne. You’re here.” JB said.

 

“She’s preparing something for Mark’s birthday.” Jackson said.

 

“Oh I see.” JB said. “You made all of these?”

 

“Yeah JB. She’s good right?” Jackson said.

 

“I also want this on my birthday. Can you give me too?” JB said.

 

I looked at JB, “Oh? Really? Sure.”

 

JB smiled at me. “Can I help?” he said.

 

“Yah JB. I’m already cutting the tapes. You can’t help anymore.” Jackson said.

 

“I did not say I’m going to cut tapes, I’m just going to help.” JB said.

 

Jackson smirked at him. Haha. They look like kids. So this is the real got7. Whatever they are showing in their interviews or whatever, it’s the real them. They’re not pretending. That’s why I love them.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yerin and Mark

 

“Oppa, what do you want to eat? I’m going to treat you since it’s your birthday.” Yerin told Mark.

 

Mark was still not on his mood to talk with anyone. He’s still disappointed with Rhianne. He never knew that Rhianne doesn’t even care to know his birthday.

 

“I’m not on the mood Yerin. Let’s go back to the dorms.” Mark said.

 

Yerin told to herself, ‘I can’t let Mark oppa go back there. I’m sure they’re not yet finish. What are you going to do Yerin?’

 

“Yah!” Yerin said. Then suddenly she slipped. “Kyaaaaak!”

 

Mark looked at Yerin then immediately helped her.

 

“Are you alright?” Mark said.

 

Yerin did not really slip. She just pretended that she slipped so Mark will focus on her not going to the dorms.

 

“Be careful next time. Let’s go back to the dorms. You can’t walk properly.” Mark said.

 

Yerin immediately walk fast. “No oppa. I’m fine. Look I can walk normally.”

 

“Tss.” Mark said.

 

“Let’s just eat please???” Yerin said as she was giving Mark a pouting look.

 

“Fine, fine. Let’s eat. But after that we’re going back to the dorms.” Mark said.

 

Yerin smiled and nodded at Mark. They went to a restaurant nearby.

 

To: Rhianne Unnie

 

Unnie! Are you done with your surprise? Oppa really wants to go back there. Reply ASAP!

 

Yerin texted Rhianne.

 

“Oppa, the food here tastes good, right?” Yerin said.

 

Mark just nodded.

 

*buzz**buzz*

 

From: Rhianne Unnie

 

I’m almost done. Just one more picture. J

 

“At last, it’s almost done.” Yerin said.

 

 

“What’s almost done?” Mark asked.

 

“Ah… Uhm, the food. We’re almost done. We can go back to the dorms.” Yerin said.

 

‘Stupid Yerin! You were almost caught!’ Yerin said to herself.

 

After eating they went back to the dorms.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOT7 dorms

 

Mark entered the dorm.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter