Chapter XLIV

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I left you guys waiting right? But right now the wait is over...................

 

 

Jessica POV

The Parks private airfield was completely fenced (almost like a prison). There was a small control tower where apparently there was no one. I thought we wouldn’t need any air traffic controller at the time because the pilots could follow instructions from a commercial airport. They probably already have permission to fly.

Jadyn frowned, puzzled to see that the security port was empty.

—That’s weird. This is usually monitored 24/7.

—Maybe they took a break —I said in the hope of finding an explanation.

She sighed and got out the car to open the gate herself. She entered the security port and hit several buttons. The metal door began to move and Jadyn got in the car.

She accelerated and we went in the airfield. Jadyn watched everything around us with a special attention. I lost my calm. What was that that she was so worried? Clearly it must be something important because she doesn’t feel uneasy with no reason.

I looked at the jet. The ladder was ready for us to come up and the door wide open. We’ll only have the pilots accompany, Kai and Kris, and Sooyoung, the fly attendant.

For a moment I relaxed and smiled to myself; the idea of leaving to live with Jadyn seemed wonderful, and although I had some kind of phobia to airplanes I couldn’t wait to get on it and go to Madrid. I wanted to know the city, being an anonymous person in Spain. I was fascinated by the idea of seeing new places... I came back to reality with the grief of knowing if Krystal would be fine. I didn’t know the girl, but I didn’t either wanted her to suffer because of her father.

From the corner of my eye, I saw how Jadyn’s face tensed. Her features hadn’t changed at all. They seemed even more restless.

I followed her to the stairs until she extended her arm so I couldn’t pass. I didn’t understand until I looked over her shoulder. There was a pool of blood at the entrance of the jet and the walls and door were full of bloody footprints.

I grabbed Jadyn’s arm while she took her gun. Now I understood why there was no one on the security port. Maybe he was killed and somebody had hidden his body.

She took a step finishing to go up the last step of the stairs and I held her hand. She put me behind her and motioned me to be quiet. I nodded and pressed my lips so she wouldn’t notice that I began to shake.

We entered the plane dodging a small puddle of blood and Jadyn looked both ways. The cabin door was ajar, but we couldn’t see inside. There seemed to be no one in there; everything was in complete silence.

We did saw signs of struggle on the carpet, and some scratches on the edge of the bathroom door. I breathed deeply and tried to dominate me. I couldn’t let fear drive me, Jadyn needed me stronger.

I followed the blood trail entrance with my eyes. Jadyn did the same and we both looked at one another realizing that behind the cabin’s door we could find a frightening image, at least for me.

In the small space between the cockpit and the passengers the catering was prepared for the journey. I went to that space and took a broad-bladed knife. Jadyn watched me, but didn’t put impediments. She crouched and tensed her arms. I watched each of her movements, sooner or later I must learn to do the same if I wanted to defend myself. Although reaching the level Jadyn was in seemed impossible. Her style was so perfect and so careful that it was hard to think that it was an eighteen year old teen.

She pushed the door and pointed forward. The scenario we expected to find appeared before us and, as imagined, Jadyn didn’t flinch. She continued pointing as she looked through the cabin with her eyes.

The two pilots of the plane were dead and the cabin windows were completely splattered with blood. One of them was lying on the ground. Apparently, he had been dragged. He may had put a fight  and tried to escape. He had two shots, one in the leg and another in the chest.

I put my hands in my mouth, shaking my head at the chilling scene. Jadyn grabbed my arm and pointed me to stay there. She was going to inspect the rest of the plane. I nodded my head, nervous about staying there with the corpses.

She my cheek showing me a tired look, but still tough. I kissed the palm of her hand and she went stealthily. I decided not to look, but when I put my head down I ran into the knife blade I had forgotten I was holding; on it was reflected the pilot’s bloody face. I turned to face him. He was informally dressed and wore a wedding ring. That man had a wife and perhaps children; a family to feed. He may had known for what kind of people he was working, but maybe he had nothing to do with that world. He might had only work for them to earn an income and make ends meet in the best way possible.

I felt a chill and I saw a reflection in the blade of that knife. A pair of slender legs, covered with black stockings, approached stealthy at me. She was barefoot to avoid attention. I moved the knife a little to see who it was, but I could imagine.

Sooyoung was dressed in her flying attendant uniform and her hair was in a bun. Her chin and her hands were stained with blood. Jadyn must have passed in front of her without discovering her.

I turned around and pointed the knife at her, but she did the same pointing me with a gun. She grimaced and smiled, showing her perfect and frightening teeth.

—So you're Jessica —she whispered very low.

I pursed my lips.

—And you must be the killer of these men, am I right? —I held her gaze firmly.

—Why, you're just as Donghae described you —Sooyoung said with a grin.

—Really? How am I?

—Insolent, mordant and arrogant. Actually, he said so many things, but I'd rather save them to myself.

—I am insolent with who I should be. —I lifted my chin and showed her a firm voice and somehow higher.

Jadyn could to listen to us.

—For example?

—You.

—Sweetheart, I'm pointing a gun at you. I haven’t killed the pilot, but I will not hesitate a second to kill you.

Her threat didn’t make me down

—Why are you part of this?

—Well, let’s say that everyone has their interests and my interests are summarized in Jadyn. When he met you, I thought it would only be a venture. But I was wrong, and the fact that she is doing all this for you bothers me so much. So I've taken the liberty of calling your father and Donghae. I hope you won’t get angry. It has nothing to do with you, I just wanted you out of the way. So stop pointing me with that knife or I'll change my mind and end up killing you.

That's what I wanted. We had been betrayed because she wanted Jadyn. She must have been one of her mistresses abandoned and burned with jealousy.

—You can’t force her to choose you.

—I don’t care if she is with me out of obligation, Jessica. I'm not like you.

I assumed she was referring to my relationship with Donghae.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter