Chapter XXXVI

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I apologize if there's any typos

Jessica POV  

She started to take the bag. Donghae smiled proudly, as if he thought everything was already won, but it was not. Jadyn grimaced slowly and winked before looking at the door. She was indicating me to run as soon as she was in action. Even though It didn’t seem like a good idea to me to leave her alone, I’ll do what she asked. Jadyn was strong, agile and knew how to act in such a situation. I cursed for having entered the cemetery, that only made ​​things worse because now I was not only danger, but she and the whole plan. But on the other hand, felt an overwhelming force growing inside me; Maybe it was true that I kept inside me a mobster... I liked the feeling that was growing on me.

Donghae fiddle by noting Jadyn’s slowness. That oversight was perfect to attack. Jadyn elbowed him in the nose and turned to grab his neck. The gun fell to the ground and I though on pick it, but did not know how to use it. I felt useless watching Jadyn reduced him incredibly fast.

—Run, Jessica! Now! —She shouted looking at me slayed.

That was the only way to help I could offer at that time. I didn’t know either how to fight and shoot; just run away quickly. I stepped back while observing how Donghae squirmed in pain. Jadyn was blocking his arms behind his back and pulled hard. I even heard his bones creak.

—, Jessica! Go!

I ran out the door as if I had been pushed. I opened it and a lot of water drops bounced off my face; It was raining hard. Then, an incredibly intense pain spread through my chest and knocked me down sharply. I bounced on the floor and after a low moan of pain, Jadyn screamed.

My vision was blurry, but I could distinguish Donghae standing up punching Jadyn and the latter already bouncing off the tombstone, first, then, to the ground. Donghae grabbed her neck and started pressing. I shifted trying to sit up, but someone did it for me. A huge man dressed in black and soaked by rain took my arm and I stood up. I leaned into his chest for me not to  stagger. He was the one who gave me the blow with a log.

—Take her to the car and tie her! —Donghae yelled while Jadyn began to cough.

My God, everything was finished. It would be a matter of minutes before Jadyn stopped breathing. I couldn’t allow it. I began to see normally, but this crisp pain wouldn’t let me straighten up. I pretended I couldn’t walk and I knelt on the floor. The man returned me to my feet and I took the impulse to give him a kick in the crotch with all my strength. He leaned his hands into the painful part. Even crouching, he was almost as tall as me.

I clenched my jaw, angry, and raised my leg, this time to his face. The man fell. I just had knocked down that behemoth with just two shots.

I grabbed the log and ran to the cemetery. The pain was dispersing quickly. Perhaps, because what was happening inside hurted me more. When I entered, Jadyn’s face was red, it seemed that at any moment would burst. I jumped without thinking to Donghae and crashed the log against on his back with the same force that I used on the kick. He fell to one side and I knelt to help Jadyn.

—Are you okay? —I said between gasps. Donghae squirmed and I kicked him in the mouth—. Damn rat!

Jadyn raised herself on me and leaned forward with the intention of getting up.

—Go away... —She muttered before kicking Donghae.

I didn’t wanted to, but if I left I could go for help. I ran, but stopped short on hearing voices approaching the cemetery. If they entered there, Jadyn would have nothing to do. So, I started screaming like a madwoman to make them follow me and to give a few minutes Jadyn. I didn’t knew were Hyoyeon was or what had happened to her. I tried not to think she could be dead.

Then I saw her. Hyoyeon was about twenty feet from me, and I could distinguish through the fog how she broke the neck of one of those guys. Then she turned around and shot another.

The cemetery was full of men. They appeared everywhere. I had to get out, had to run as fast as possible and go in search of Yuri and Key to help me bring reinforcements. I stood up and started running. At first I didn’t realize they were following me and they did a good speed but I ran even faster. So fast that I couldn’t even perceived Jadyn running between them.

When I realized, I stopped and they looked determined. They didn’t stop, they continued running toward me carrying their weapons and preparing to shoot. Jadyn did the same but stopped, aimed and fired without thinking (even unprepared) to the three men following me.

I don’t even blinked. I should have been afraid to see Jadyn shooting that way. Although I had seen her wielding a gun, I hadn’t seen her kill someone. And she was used to it, I could tell by her skill and marksmanship.

She walked over to one of the men who was still stirring on the floor. She watched with a grin on her face and fired again coldly. Slowly, she raised her eyes from the ground and looked at me very seriously. I had before me the true Jadyn Park. I met her gaze with aplomb. I had never felt that security in myself. The firmness and temperance were going it spreading like a spider web around my being.

She advanced towards me looking for something in the pocket of her jacket. When she reached me, she took out her hand with something between her fingers and pulled me to her chest. I could see the small wounds on her beautiful face. She looked sympathetic, but her expression changed when she saw that there wasn’t any reproach in my eyes.

—I want you to go back to the fence, the jump and tell Yuri and Key to take you out of here, okay? —Her voice mingled with the sound of a thunder.

I shook my head and walked further. I touched her lips.

—I don’t want to go without knowing that you are safe and the reinforcements have arrived. —She didn’t seemed to like my refusal.

—Jessica, please. The reinforcements are on they way.

—How do you know?

—I'm a Park, trust me.

—I trust, but that will not bring reinforcements, Jadyn.

—My family should be taking the cemetery entrance by now, so stop contradicting me and go.

—No! I will not leave you here and go without knowing how it will end all of this!

—You can’t do anything here! You would only put your life in danger!

—And yours? Doesn’t it matter?

—That's what I'm doing, I’m putting my life safe!. —I looked at her with all the love I felt.

I was her life.

I bowed my head and leaned into her chest, wanting to kiss her.

She my hair resting her chin on my head.

—Please...

I nodded slowly, looking at her.

—I'll cover you up to the trees. Then walk st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter