Chapter XXXIV

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jadyn POV

"I'm fine, don’t worry about me. I need to see you, but they’re watching me. Can you come? After midnight. Tell No One."

I drove home. Since I read the message in the afternoon, I hadn’t been able to stay still. I knew she was ok, she had assured me. But Jessica was able to lie just to reassure me. And much mystery about her was not normal. There must be something tricky.

I stopped in front of the Plaza. The avenue was clear, I but didn’t wanted to skip a red light. I would attract too much attention.

I caught air and let it out hard, eager to reach out and hug Jessica. A car stopped in front of the hotel and Sandara got out of him. At first I thought I was wrong, but that brown mane and presumptuous gait couldn’t be confused. It was Sandara and I could confirm as she looked around. She handed an envelope to the driver, he nodded and stayed in the car while she went into the hotel.

What was she doing there? She wasn’t even in mourning.

I grabbed my cell phone and called Boa. She was the only one who could tell me.

—What up, Jadyn —Boa answered.

—I need you to enter the database of the hotel Plaza —I said no more.

Boa was kind of a computer hacker. For her it was a cinch to hack anything that was on the net, so in a few minutes I would have the room number and know if Sandar was going to meet someone.

—What are you looking for specifically? —he asked as I parked the car on one side of the street.

—You’ll realize yourself. Now, please, hack the database.

We kept silent for more than ten minutes, I only heard how my sister typed in haste.

—Well who do you want to find? —she asked. She had succeeded.

—Sandara Park.

—What ?! —she cried puzzled.

—You just look. I'll explain later, I promise.

—You'd better. —She shut up again for a few seconds—. Nothing. She is not staying there.

How could it be? I just saw her get in so normally and she had been there for more than fifteen minutes.

—Can you look at all the names of people staying in the suites?

—That can take a few minutes.

—Well start now.

It was already past midnight and Jessica must be concerned. But I couldn’t get out of here without knowing why my aunt was staying at the hotel or who would she meet.

—! —cried my sister among whispers—. The only name that can relate to Sandara is…  You will not you believe it.

—Tell me!

—Lee Minho.

—Are you sure?

—I've collated the data in the database of the police, Jadyn. It is he, no doubt.

I caught air as I clenched my jaw. What the hell was Sandar playing at?

—Well, then we'll talk.

—I hope so, I need an explanation.

—Will do.

I hung up and got out of the car clutching my gun. I ran to the car where she had come out. The driver was calmly reading the newspaper, but I was sure that he only used it as coating to hide more interesting reading. I recognized his face. He worked for us.

Mir.

I called the door and he jumped, lowering the newspaper. He seemed nervous about the possibility that he had been caught looking at magazines with girls. But it was more impressed when he discovered who claimed his attention.

—Get out of the car —I said. The surprise on his face turned to fear.

He came off slowly, with trembling hands. I grabbed his arm and dragged him into an alley that was next to the hotel.

—Don’t kill me, Jadyn —he pleaded as soon as I stamped him into the wall.

—What is Sandara doing with Lee Minho four days after her husband’s death ? —I asked, ignoring him.

—I don’t know. She just paid me for my silence. I don’t know, I swear —he stammered.

Now he was leaning against the wall with raised hands and looking at me doubtfully. Every corner of his body trembled.

—You’re lying! —I said approaching him so much that he could hardly breathe—. I'll kill you, Mir, if you don’t tell me the truth.

—The only thing I know is that Minho is Sandara’s lover! —he cried with his eyes closed—. She threatened me, I had no choice, Jadyn. I swear. It's the truth.

I clenched my jaw. The possibility that he was lying vanished. Mir had several years working for us and had always been effective and faithful.

—She threatened you? —I asked.

I needed to know what had led him to hide something like this, and hoped there would be a really good reason. Otherwise, Mir would have serious problems.

—Yes.

—With what? What fear can a killer have? —The shaking of his arms began to get me nervous—. Respond and do please calm down.

He swallowed and tried to calm down.

—The fear that someone like him could end his with family.

I frowned.

—Your family?

—Yes  —he added fearful.

I sighed. Sandara had come very far with everything and the name Park had make her things to become much easier. One of them, to scare people with what they most want. Of course, if Sandara had been able to eliminate my uncle without getting her hands dirty, with Mir and his family she could end them up in a second.

—Well. —I grabbed air before continuing. I should end with this and meet with Jessica—. Is all you know about Sandara?

He nodded pursing his lips.

—I want you to get the hell out of here now. Grab your family and get out of Seoul.

—How you say?

—Get the hell out of here! —I exclaimed—. Someone will pass by your house and give you an envelope. Pick it up and go. And please do it before I change my mind.

I don’t like to think of this as a pardon, but for the face that Mir was making, could well be.

I pushed Mir into the car and got out of there leaving him totally baffled. I picked up the phone and called Taeyang. He would see that Mir could lee Seoul through the back door and start a new life far away.

—Is something wrong, Jadyn? —Taeyang asked.

—I need you to take Mir out of the city...     

 

Jessica POV

It was past one in the morning. Everyone slept, unknow that I walked from side to side in my room, eager for Jadyn to arrive. She would have to breach the security of the mansion, but that wouldn’t be difficult for her. As for what I was concerned was for the delay. I wasn’t sure if she had read the message and I couldn’t communicate with her ​​because that afternoon they had confiscated my mobile and had cut the internet.

Then I heard footsteps. I walked quickly to my balcony door and I saw her jumping the railing. I opened it and grabbed her shirt dragging her inside. She kissed me between push and push as she closed the door.

I pushed her away and looked hesitantly. I had a million questions and I wasn’t sure she could answer them all.

—What is the Zeus project? —I blurted at close range.

Her faction froze, suddenly paled as she looked me swallowing hard. I knew I had been abrupt, but the reaction I was looking into make me sure she was up to her neck. And of course, it was.

—Where did you find? —she asked, passing one hand through her hair.

—Yunho gave me this —I said showing her the USB and approaching the portátil —before he... die—. I lowered my head, but then I turned to her—. I need you to tell me everything, Jadyn. I'm also in the middle of this and I don’t even know what I face.

—You’ve been looking through it? —she asked sitting next to me.

I nodded before the mosaic of folders reappeared.

—Yunho blocked almost all folders, but there are some that do not. I've been studying them, but I still don’t understand anything.

I opened the first and showed her the medical reports of his secret son.     

 

Jadyn POV

Jessica told me everything she had discovered at the USB. Someone named Yuna had been my uncle’s lover for years and was now missing. At least, that was what we can tell from those files, but I was sure that Yunho knew where she was. With her, he had a child who had died minutes later. Apparently, he wanted to do an autopsy on the ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter