Chapter XXXI

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I owe you all an apology for disappearing all of a sudden without warning, I won't give you any excuses, because none of them is enough reason, but now I'm back and will do my best to update at least once or twice a day. Without further do, here is a chap 
Enjoy ^~^

Jessica POV

I lay on my bed and began to mourn inconsolably. I still couldn’t believe what I had seen and all that I had discovered. My family, her family... were mafia! Everyone was in, even Taeyeon. Now I understood many things. I couldn’t bear to think that Jadyn had killed, she was up to her neck in this. Not even she had endeavored to deny it... She couldn’t deny the truth.

She had lied, she had been looking at my face knowing I was a bargaining chip. That was business. My wedding with Donghae was merely an exchange of interests. A twinning between families to enlarge their respective clans.

Clans. Mafia. Why didn’t I think of that? I hugged the pillow. If hadn’t I see it before was because I didn’t wanted to see. Damn fool!

I got up at once and ran to the sink. I closed the door and got in the shower still dressed so the water could cover my tears. I still had permeated the smell of Yunho’s blood, but worse was that it mingled with the Jadyn’s aroma.

Jadyn.

I started to rub hard. I needed to clear her mark on my body. I wanted to forget. I rubbed and rubbed until I broke the fabric. I didn’t stop mourning. Who was I kidding? I loved Jadyn.

I squatted in the bathtub, hugging my knees. I wished the water dragged me to her. I wanted to disappear.

Then, a small device that Yunho had given me dropped off from my pants. I stared at it for a few seconds until I reacted and jumped at it. I got out of the tub and began to dry it quickly. I should have given it to Jadyn, including Taeyeon, but I forgot I had it.

I was watching it until there came a knock at the door. Minzy's voice came from behind the wood.

—Miss, are you all right? —She asked fearfully.

Minzy was twenty years old and worked for my family for two. Since my arrival, she had been very good to me. I opened the door for her and she found me soaked and desolate.

—Miss!, you'll catch pneumonia. —She lunged at me with a towel and placed it around my body as she dragged me to bed.

—What does it matter.

I leaned on her shoulder and started to mourn once again. Only this time I felt how she hugged me. She said nothing, but I was sure she knew the reason for my tears. I confirmed immediately.

—Don’t tell me you were in the labs, please.

I looked at her with eyes open wide. She already knew what had happened.

She my hair while I was still looking at her impacted.

—I told your father you were studying and I had given him these papers. —She showed me the folder that the director had given me. I had leave them aside when I pounced beside Yunho and hadn’t even remember it—. They’re already signed.

I took the folder still looking to Minzy, trembling. Tears burned my eyes.

—How did you get it? —I stammered.

—Taeyeon found them and saw your name on it. All are very nervous trying to find the person who  saw Donghae, so you can’t say anything. Luna has already told them that you were all afternoon locked in your room. Only the three of us know the truth, and so must remain, understood? —She explained gently. They were protecting me. I didn’t know yet what I faced.

Although I was terrified, I felt I had to still feel more afraid than I already was. Otherwise, why would they both protect me?

—All right... —I forced myself to answer.

I gulped as I watched Minzy going toward the door. She turned and went back to contemplate me with affection. She was suffering as much like me.

—You should get rid of those clothes. If they see them, they’ll know is Jade’s.

Minzy had also discovered that I had been in the Park building  and that Jadyn's mother had lent me her clothes.

I nodded and immedi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter