Chapter XXXII

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica POV

I cooed between my sheets trying to fall asleep. Even the velvety feel of the fabric was unable to help me.

I felt a stab in the heart when I remembered Jadyn's face when I left her in the cemetery. It was what I had to do, I had to leave her and her whole world. Neither would I marry Donghae, I’ll escape as the waters calm down and let me breathe. He was on my every movement and I couldn’t let my escape to fail.

Leaving Jadyn was the right thing to do, yes. I had to remind myself, because I wasn’t sure I could get it.

I hugged my pillow imagining it was her body. Suddenly, someone entered my room.

I looked toward the door, scared. A shadow was walking toward me quickly and I couldn’t help thinking that something had happened. That something had happened to Jadyn. I sat before I heard Taeyeon’s voice. She leaned on the bed and moved my hair out of my face.

—You have to come with me —she muttered uneasily.

What had happened? Why did she wanted me to go? God!, what if Jadyn had d...?

—What is it? —I asked exalted—. What happened to Jadyn?

Taeyeon grabbed my face before I began to cry.

—Nothing, nothing happens, but it is urgent that you come. Come on, get dressed. Wear whatever you have —she said before approaching the window as if she was interested to see how it rained.

I dashed into the dressing and pulled on a pair of jeans and a sweater that was at hand. I didn’t even the light to get dressed. I put my converse and went to the room fixing my hair.

—Don’t speak, and be careful not to make any noise —she whispered before we left almost running down the hall.

We tiptoed down the stairs and walked the lobby. She grabbed her jacket and threw me mine. I put it on quickly before I felt the morning’s breeze. Taeyeon had opened the door with a brutal master.

We rode the family car and I took a breath to speak, but Taeyeon raised her hand telling me to continue silent. I looked at her confused. She still wore her mourning attire for Yunho’s burial. The hair gel in her hair was gone and a few strands were falling over her forehead.

We crossed the river and appeared the Institute’s silhouette. She stopped just behind it  letting the Gangnam lights to light us. I took a deep breath and waited for her reaction. But she didn’t move, she was still contemplating the street. No doubt expecting someone. But who?

I was terrified. Taeyeon wasn’t accustomed to behave that way. Then another car stopped beside us.

Taeyeon rolled down the window (just a little) and made ​​a hand signal. I leaned forward to see who it was, but saw nothing. Only the back of the huge vehicle. I collapsed while watching the trunk of that car. It reminded me of Hyunki’s vehicle. Taeyeon turned to me.

—Get into the backseat —she ordered quietly.

I sighed and looked back. I didn’t understand what was happening, but I listened to my sister-in-law; I pushed myself up and fell on the leather seat. When I sat up, the door opened and a person’s figure dressed in black appeared. He intended to go in and I frowned tensing my body.

Did Taeyeon intended to hurt me? My God, it was all so confusing. A tear began to manifest in my eyes. I was too scared to control it. That person stooped and entered the vehicle.

For a second, I forgot everything. I forgot how much I hated her for having lied. I closed my eyes thankful that nothing had happened to her. She was there in front of me and staring at me pleadingly.

Jadyn raised her hand to retire the tear, but I made ​​a weak move that prevented her got to touch me. I wanted her to, but I was too nervous. I no longer saw her as the cool, cocky and popular girl in school. She wasn’t the Jadyn who stole that taxi, nor the one that showed me the place where she was hiding. She looked very different. At that time I had before me a woman, a terribly dangerous mobster. I could now understand why she was so respect.

—Why am I here? —I asked fearfully moving away from her.

I wasn’t afraid, but I didn’t wanted to be around her. I was aware of my weakness, that at any moment I could throw myself into her arms. I couldn’t afford to falter.

—Don’t be afraid of me, Jessica —she murmured so sorry that it moved me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter