Chapter XIX

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica POV

I felt a sharp twinge on my eyelids. My head was spinning and I had a dreadful feeling of vertigo. It seemed that I was falling of that cliff again. I struggled to open my eyes and I stir up restless until I finally saw the faint flashes of light coming through the vents of the blind. Dawn was breaking.

I blinked and in doing so, a million multicolored points discussed my vision. They soon become targets and extend to cover everything with a blanket of blinding light. Those points pressed my temples so I had to close my eyes again to calm the pain. It was useless, it intensified it.

I took a breath and I opened my eyes. The colored dots were already less flashy. They gleamed for a few seconds and disappeared leaving a faint dark, smoke-like trail. As if they were to burst.

I put a hand on my forehead as I leaned on my elbow on the mattress and I moved forward. I wanted to continue sleeping, but that awful headache wasn’t going to leave. Damn <>.

I reached the digital alarm clock that was on the table. As I had it in my hand, I went back to stamp my cheek against the pillow. I my lips and swallowed hard before yawning.

"06.09" it was set by those blue lights.

—Gee... I muttered before placing it back on the table.

I sat up in bed and looked around while stabilizing my head. It was clear that this was Jonghyun's room.

I got up slowly and walked to the balcony. I pulled the curtain and opened the window letting in the cool breeze. I shivered, but wasn’t sure if it was the cold or Jadyn’s figure sitting in the sand watching the sea.

I left the balcony and hid behind the curtain. My heart was racing, I knew it could be a good time to talk to her, but just thinking about it made ​​me frantic.

I breathed deeply (without achieving calm) and decided it was best to go down and clarify certain things. Everyone was slept and we could be alone.

I went to the closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and a light blue sweater of Jonghyun. His clothing was going rather wide, but no it doesn’t matter. I tied hair and left the room trying not to make noise.

As I descended the stairs, I discovered Jonghyun sleeping on Key's chest, and Key sleeping on Yuri's legs. It was the perfect picture to crack from laughter, but I had to leave it for another time if I don’t want to wake them up.

I went to the porch through the kitchen and walked towards Jadyn crossing my arms over my chest. There was more wind than expected.

She didn’t noticed me until I sat down beside her. She looked surprised and serious, but I could see in her eyes that she was comforted to have me there.

—Hi —I muttered.

—Hey —she said without taking her eyes off me—. You should be sleeping, it's still early.

She avoided me looking back to the sea.

—Since when are you here? For your eyes, I think several hours. —I draw a contained smile.

—I couldn’t sleep.

—This headache woke me up. —I leaned my head on my knees before I felt Jadyn’s fingers touching my neck.

I shuddered.

I didn’t wanted to remove them. She didn’t.

—Does it hurt?

—Barely.

She swallowed and slid her hand down my neck before she remove it. She snorted and clenched her jaw. She felt weird, like she was rushed.

—Thank you for... saving me... again. —I didn’t know how to say it exactly.

I remembered that day at school, when I was about to fall from a third floor and she avoided it holding me so hard.

—I told you not to go near him. Look what you could have avoided.

I frowned, feeling the heat of frustration through my body. I was trying to be nice to her and she replied haughtily. Even at a time like that she didn’t have consideration.

—I didn’t expect to live the same situation twice —muttered staring at her.

Jadyn knew well what I meant. She, days before, had tried the same thing as Seungri, right?

She jumped up, shook her pants and started to leave, but I stepped in her way. I put a hand on her stomach, gesture which she was very unhappy, and looked furious.

—You tend to escape often —I said.

—I don’t escape. —She removed my hand from her stomach and pulled me close to her.

—Why did you leave then?

—It's not of your concern. She let go and turned around giving me her back. I waited for her reaction. It was clear that we had many things to solve. And Jadyn seemed ready for it. She turned around, grabbed my hand and forced me to walk.

I let her take me to the shore near the rock. I stood in front of her harshly.

—I'm sorry, okay? —she said staring at me—. It was not right and I regret. I don’t usually behave that way.

I was shocked. Jadyn Park never apologized, however, there she was, doing it. She seemed so weak, so lost, my eyes looked at her tenderly. I felt privileged because she let me saw that part of her.

I swallowed hard before speaking, but Jadyn interrupted me.

—If I hurt you, sorry. If I've been a jerk, sorry. And no, I don’t you want to stop talking to me.

—Why do you say that? —I asked surprised.

—In Dongsun’s party you said it was best for us to stop talking to each other, and I don’t want that to happen.

—That would not happen. I was just something... dazed.

—You always are —she teased me.

—Yeah, sure. —I pushed her following the joke, but she took me by the arms and walked over to me.

I watched her spell bounded. I wanted so many things at that time that I didn’t know what to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter