Chapter IX

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once again I apologize if there's any typos

 

 

Jadyn POV

I crashed into my bed knowing that the darkness of my room would consume me. The silence of the morning invaded everything and left free rein to my thoughts.

Her name echoed in my head as if someone was whispering to me again and again. I closed my eyes in despair, but then I saw her face.  It seemed to be drawn from the mist.

So delicate and attractive. So pale and sensual. I wanted to have her before me. I wouldn’t let her speak, only ask her to let me watch her until sleep overcame me. And when I woke up...

"But what am I thinking?! Are you stupid or what? She’s a brat. You can’t stand her", I reproached me.

I couldn’t let myself to fall, not with her. No I can’t… fall in love.

I sighed felling sleepy. I had a little time of consciousness left. Soon my mind would be the owner of my being and I couldn’t do nothing. So I got carried away, convinced that Jessica would be the protagonist of my dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My father tapped his knee with his fingers. The aroma of his cigar had permeated all the limo and my mother did her best to hide how much that bothered her. Until my father saw how his wife's nose wrinkled. He opened the ashtray and turned decisively off the pure while he shake it away the little smoke that had formed around his head.

—Chansung, Could you open the window? —My father asked the driver.

—Yes, sir.

The window started to go down slowly and let in a few drops of rain accompanied by a chilly breeze. It wasn’t raining too much, but enough to spoil the triumphant entry Dongsun had planned.

Lee Dongsun had summoned all the media in town making the excuse that it was a charity event. It would be attending all the aristocracy and important politicians. It was assumed that the funds would be given to the most disadvantaged: shelters, hostels, hospitals, families without work...

But in reality, it was a huge cover. There wasn’t going to be any charity, it was just an excuse to get seats in his campaign and thus away from Choi Bonhwa, his stronger opponent in the battle for mayor of Seoul. Simple tricks to have the people in his side. And if he did not, he could always buy votes.

—It’s okay like that? —Chansung asked.

—Perfect, thank you —replied my father, and then took his wife's hand and said—: Sorry, dear, I didn’t remember how much it bothered you the smell of the cigar.

She smiled and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. I turned my gaze to the street and my sisters did the same.

—It's nothing, dear —said my mother.

After over twenty-five years together, they were still in love. I wondered if I would have that. Probably not, but I was proud that my parents still enjoy their love.

—Do you think the press will find out? —Asked Victoria, controlling the tension in her legs.

She was the eldest of the three; Boa followed her.

—Calm down, dear. We have over a hundred people to ensure the safety of our "charity event." Let them do their job, —interrupted my father, with a sarcastic and secure tone.

—I'm calm, Dad. But I don’t think they will buy it. Please! If so, the media would go in. I know they’ll suspect —she remarked.

Victoria was right; if they discovered that Lee Dongsun had organized an event that did not exist, we would have problems with his campaign and the whole project would go to hell. Because last thing we needed wa Choi Bonhwa to become Mayor.

—Victoria, do you've learned nothing, kid? —My father sat up and I crossed legs nibbling my knuckle. —You think we’ll let them to discover it? I have three police stations guarding the area and all our security controlling the hotel. We need those votes either way and you know it. — His voice rose slightly in tone—. So stop pestering with your stupid coward fears, will you?

—I'm not a coward, Dad. It's just... I'm a little nervous. Too many millions could be lost. I just want to get it right.

—Well then begin to relax, Victoria —Boa she said touching her shoulder—. Everything's going as we planned on Thursday at the Jung mansion.

The car stopped in front of The Shilla hotel. This five star huge building was owned by my grandparents. So, in total, we had the Shilla’s security plus the security of over twenty family clans came together there. It seemed enough.

—We're here, Mr. Park.

At the entrance the journalists were equipped with cameras and a plastic raincoats flocked to prevent water to sink in their clothes and belongings. The personal bodyguard of my father stepped outside his door to prevent all photographers to crowd in there.

—Well, here we go. —He drew his best smile and tapped the tinted glass of that Maybach.

Taeyang, chief of staff, he put up his wrist near his mouth and mumbled something on the device he was wearing. He opened the door and bowed.

—Everything controlled Hyunki. When you want we can enter the hotel.

—Have they all come? —My father asked placing one foot outside the car.

—Yes, the only ones missing are Lee Donghae, who will be accompanied by Jessica Jung.

I felt a chill when I heard her name. I had forgotten that Jessica would be there and would be accompanied by Donghae. I wanted to puke to imagine them together.

"How could she be with him?" I wondered.

Donghae was not man enough to be beside Jessica. He was a jerk that pretended to be intelligent. Is that what she wanted?

I shook my head, trying to dissipate my thoughts. Jessica didn’t want to be in them, I don’t want her to belong to them. I just wanted to disappear fire that burning me inside. I did not want a cocky girl to seizing my mind but, until then, she was doing it.

My father got out showing his characteristic charisma. They followed my mother and my sisters. While the press pursued them to the hotel (barely letting them walk), I stayed in the car, waiting to get out without being seen.

I fixed the jacket of my Gucci suit and hid my head between my shoulders starting to walk toward the trees guarding the front of the hotel; I’ll get in through the back door.

 

Jessica POV

His hand took mine and brought it to his lips to give me a soft kiss. It bothered me to feel him so close, despite the sweet and gentle touch. I had not given him permission for these things his doing. In fact, I wasn’t interested in attend the party with him. Because of his caring attitude, everyone would have the impression that Donghae and I were dating, and that was far from reality. It wasn’t his girlfriend and I don’t wanted to be, as much as my parents freaked out by the idea. Donghae would never have me.

Donghae took his glass of champagne and I pressed my lips trying to control my sudden anger. We were only a few blocks from the hotel. It seemed an endless journey.

I concentrated on the rain. At that time it fell harder and dragged a raging current that shook everything in its way. I had the feeling that we were in November and not January.

—My mother has a huge desire to see you, —he said. I looked at him, almost dragging my eyes, and forced a smile—. She doesn’t stop talking about you to all her friends...

Chohee had seen me only once all week, and it was Thursday night, when the Lee and Park families attended to the dinner organized in my house. Apparently, those evenings were repeated frequently.

—If she talks about me is because someone had given the topic of conversation, don’t you think? —I said a little annoyed.

—Well, I must admit that I have spoken about you, and my mother had found it fascinating.

—May I ask why?

—It's obvious, isn’t it? —He grabbed my hand after releasing his glass. I turned my face to the window trying control me—. Jessica, I think you're smart enough to know that I'm attracted to you. And, apparently, by the reaction of your skin when I touch you, you also feel the same for me. —I remove my hand.

—I think it's... to soon... to discuss these things, Donghae. —I tried to be respectful at the same time avoiding stuttering; I use to do it when I’m really angry.

—Soon? What do you mean? —He asked puzzled.

—We barely know each other —I said flatly.

The car stopped. The orange light of The Shilla suddenly enlightened us.

I don’t need to know you, Jessica. I know what I want and that's enough for me. I'm not a good friend of the time —he continued, cynical.

—I see you don’t like to wait —I repeated, whispering.

"Damn disgusting worm," I thought.

He was practically on top of me, letting go all those bull just like that... It was as if I were preparing for what awaited me inside.

—Simply, some people are lucky enough to not meet that word. Sounds bad doesn’t it? No, the wait is definitely not designed for people like us, Jessica — he concluded.

My door opened and the chauffeur offered me a hand while holding an umbrella with the other. At that time, some cold drops entered the limo and bounced off my stockings. I sighed and took his hand. It was then that I realized the photographers waiting at the entrance. I had been so engrossed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter