Chapter XLII

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica POV

I started to push myself to the surface in a million bubbles. But the force that engulfed me was too overwhelming.

I shook my arms and feet with determination to help me reach the surface quickly. I couldn’t give up, I needed to know Jadyn was fine and meet with her.

At last, my fingers went out of the water and then my arms. I stuck my head desperately gasping for air while coughing and spitting hot water. Around me where floating chunks of burning wood and pieces of yacht in a devastating landscape. I looked everywhere, but no sign of Jadyn.

—Jadyn! Jadyn! —I shouted from the persistent hum of the flames.

She was nowhere to be seen and the distress began to invade me, to the point that I could hardly stay afloat.

—Jadyn! —I shouted again before diving underwater to look for her.

I couldn’t hold much, I was too scared to hold my breath long enough. I went back to the surface by removing my hair and blowing desperate

What if the force of the explosion had drowned her? What if she had been hit with something? What if... she was dead? Oh, my God !, that itself was fear. If I lost her, everything would end for me.

Alone among the rubble and flames, I closed my eyes. I noticed how the water was going back to be ice cold and that coldness was taking possession of me. They said that hypothermia provided an easy death. Perhaps I wouldn’t feel pain when it left my body.

Then someone pulled my arm. Jadyn hugged me before I could react. I was hooked on her neck screaming her name as I felt my heart back to life more hectic than ever.

—Oh, thank you! Are you okay? —I said hurriedly as I kissed her.

—The blast dragged me. That's it, princess. Don’t worry. —She my cheek and saw my bloodshot eyes. —You have to swim, alright? You have to do it very fast. We have to reach the bay —Jadyn shouted as I crawled to begin to do it.

There was no great distance, but the water was very cold and I could hardly move in that dress.

"No, come on. There are only a few meters," I said to myself. And that's what I did. I concentrated on reaching as soon as possible.

As we approached, I saw several people waiting, ready to get us out of the water. I tightened my arms and I kept swimming hard.

—Come on, Princess, there are only a few meters left —Jadyn encouraged me while spitting water through

—Remind me... to never do... a cruise —I hardly said. I couldn’t breathe, but I wanted to relax Jadyn. I saw that I had succeeded because she looked at me laughing.

Jadyn reached the dock in the harbor and she reached out to drag me by her side. I bounced off her body and she took my waist. Several men looked out their arms so I could hold on to them and climb. There was no ladder, so they would have to pull me by pulse.

Jadyn hands pushed my body from the waist and I could hold on to the arms of a man. Easily he pulled me out of the water and left me on the floor. Then they turned to pull Jadyn.

I was completely numb. The bitter cold was all that was in me and I couldn’t control the shivers that ran through my body. Almost between seizures I distinguished Hyunki, that who opened his way between his men and walked towards me rapidly. He took off his coat and put it on my shoulders, helping me to introduce the arms into the sleeves. His warmth came over me, and I felt a strange feeling of protectiveness.

He put my bruised face in his hands and stared at me proudly before giving me a kiss on the forehead.

—Take care of my daughter, Jessica —he whispered, leaning his forehead against mine.

I nodded with a hiss. I recognized those words. Yunho had said them to me before.    

 

 

 

Jadyn POV

Boa came to me with an envelope in her fingers as Rain and Taeyang pulled me up to the dock by pulse. Water dripped all over my body and I was completely soaking all who were around me. I looked at the moment my father walked away from Jessica and she lost herself in the arms of my cousin. Hyoyeon and Key also joined the embrace, until Changmin came. He stared at her for a few seconds, grabbed her face in his hands and then kissed her on the cheek.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter