Chapter XXXIII

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica POV

—Hi —Nicole greeted me taking a seat beside me. She didn’t looked like herself, she acted shy, suspicious at my reaction now that I know the truth. She was waiting for how I would act with her—. How are you?

I nodded. I didn’t wanted her to see my face. I was wearing sunglasses and a scarf tied around my neck. Aside from the pounds of makeup I had used to hide the wounds. It didn’t help. As much as I hid behind my hair, bruises were visible. Luckily I only had to fake with Nic, the rest of the group hadn’t gone to class.

Nicole pulled my hair and I pulled away abruptly. She gasped a little moan, she rose up and went to the door.

I followed her.

—Where are you going? —I said louder than I wanted.

—That I wanna know —seconded the teacher—. Where are you going, Miss Jung?

I knew. She would tell Jadyn.

No answer, she left no caring of Miss Song’s threats. And I did the same. I ran after her. I could catch up with her on the stairs. Nicole pushed me and looked me full of wrath. I had never seen her so haggard.

—Tell me who it was.

—Donghae... I looked out the window. Small snowflakes fell that turned into water when they touched the ground. That day was bitterly cold, about three degrees nothing more. It was the perfect excuse to catch hat, gloves and scarf.

—Not kidding —she snorted talking to herself—. Why?

—He caught me with Jadyn. He killed Taemin believing that it was he who accompanied me. He didn’t saw Taeyeon.

Nicole started down the stairs.

—Where are you going, Nic? You can’t tell her! —I shouted.

—Of course I can! Don’t ask me not to do it, that guy almost killed you.

—No, please.

But no avail. Nicole started running while I stayed planted on the stairs. I remembered the words of Donghae. He would kill her if I ever approach her.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I left the classroom as school ended. Nicole hadn’t appeared on all day and I didn’t know what was waiting for me outside. I had not finished coming downstairs when I saw the Jadyn’s car. She had come to meet Donghae.

Unexpectedly, I ran back upstairs. Hopefully I could dodge her using the gym stairs to go down the other side and ride Donghae’s car before the two indulge in a fight.

She didn’t seem to follow me, but I didn’t stopped running. Until I got to the lobby and she got in my way. She looked at me frowning and squinting. Then I lowered my head to hide my face. Behind her, I could see Donghae’s car. Jadyn stepped forward with her hands in her pockets.

—You're dodging me —she said in a tone of voice that pleased neither of us. I sighed and she clenched her jaw.

—It's just that... I’m in a hurry, someone is waiting for me—I said keeping my face hid. I started walking towards the door without being able to look at her.

Jadyn took my arm and I turned to her. She was too close, it would be very difficult to hide.

—What is it, Jessica? —she asked almost in a whisper.

—Nothing, really. I have to go.

I tried to let go, but she made ​​me stay. She squeezed my arm to keep me close.

—Jessica…

—Let me go. You're hurting me, Jadyn —I muttered, struggling with her.

After a few seconds of struggle, I managed to free myself, but Jadyn had seen what I was hiding. Fury drew over her face and clenched her fists when I wanted to go hide my face again. She knew who the culprit was. Nicole had told her.

—It's nothing, Jadyn. —I got closer to her cheek.

But she aparted me by giving me a little push. I looked puzzled at her when she started to go to the exit. She was approaching Donghae full of hate and anger. What I had foreseen minutes before was going to happen at that time. I rushed to her before seeing how Yuri, Hyoyeon and Key appeared from nowhere. They had come with Jadyn.

Donghae had also brought his friends. Now I understood why he ordered me to go to school that day. She just wanted to provoke Jadyn.

I put my hands on her abdomen.

—Jadyn, Please. Listen To Me. —She pushed me again, this time harder. I ran into the arms of her cousin who held me in time.

—Take her away, Yuri, and be fast.— I looked at Yuri shaking my head. They were all there ready to… fight!

—It’ll be the best, Jessica —said Yuri pulling my hands.

—And ! —I pushed her. —Jadyn!—. I shouted.

Donghae turned around with a sly smile on his face.

Jadyn stopped in front of him, and before Donghae could react she grabbed his neck and pushed him back lifting him a foot from the ground. Donghae’s back hard on the ground. I stopped suddenly stifling a cry and my jaw dropped at how Jadyn got on top of him and began to hit him in the face still holding his neck. One of Donghae’s friends pounced on her and knocked her down. That's when Hyoyeon and Key went into the fight. Yuri went straight for Donghae when trying he was to get up.

I couldn’t do anything, I froze. Then someone kicked a Jadyn.

Suddenly I reacted and without thinking, I ran to that guy. I punched him with all my strenght.

—Get away from her! —I shouted, as the boy staggered and fell to the ground.

Jadyn looked surprised before I took my hand to my che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter