Chapter XXIX

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jadyn POV

 

I hit the brake sharply and quickly as I saw Jessica falling on the table. The crystals were spread on the floor. I jumped like a mad soul out of the car to the building entrance. If I found out who wanted to hurt Jessica, I would kill him.

 

I shielded my head and lunged against the glass of the door. I didn’t know what I was facing and I wouldn’t get the gun in front of Jessica, unless it wasn’t necessary. The elevator doors opened and, before he could see me, I jumped behind the counter. I, however, I did get to see him.

 

Jessica stood behind the wood with a grieved knee. There was blood everywhere, but I saw that was not hers... it was the blood of my uncle Yunho. I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her towards me.

 

—Are you okay? —I muttered before Donghae shoot. Jessica began to mourn inconsolably. She was frightened and clung to my jacket. I pursed my lips, full of anger, and grabbed her face—. Jessica, look at me. Look at me! —She ended up doing it still crying—. I want you to do what I tell you, okay? I'm here, don’t worry. —She nodded swallowing. I reached behind me, and grabbed my gun loading it. Jessica looked at me with dilated pupils, she tried to understand what I was doing with a gun, but she couldn’t. I had just lost someone I loved, and I didn’t know if I would be able to resist to lose another. I sighed—. Run to the door when I tell you, understand?

—What about you? I'm not leaving without you. —Her voice was emphatic, though tears were still falling down her cheek. She my hand. I looked at her.

—I'll go after you, I promise.

 

Jessica knew that I always kept my promises. Her face calmed down and nodded letting a wave of expressions subdue it.

 

I poked my head slowly and saw Donghae hidden in the corridor of the emergency stairs. He shot and

 

Jessica pulled me to protect me.

 

—It's all right, Jessica —I whispered, reassuring. She frowned.

—This isn’t the first time you fire a gun, right? —She said with a warm tone. I was relieved, her face seemed to trust me. My silence gave her the answer.

 

Then I saw the sign indicating the order of plants. It was hanging from a wire. If I fired to it, it would fall on Donghae and it will give us the minute we needed to get out of there. I my lips and pointed knowing that Jessica looked amazed at me.

 

I knew she was discovering that I was not a normal girl, as she surely thought. She was finding out what was behind my façade. I fired and the panel was released. I fell on Donghae’s back, and he collapsed to the floor.

 

—Now, run! —I shouted, pointing the exit when we got off the ground. All I wanted was for her not to be seen. If Donghae's discovered her, her life would be in danger. She ran to the door dodging pieces of glass. I followed still pointing to Donghae, who fidgeted under the panel; it would take him a few minutes to get up. Jessica entered the Bugatti when I kept the gun in my back. Yet I started the car with the door open.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter