Chapter XVI

#1 Look and Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Jessica POV

—I would like to know what a person thinks when they stares at anything in the same way as you —Yuri said as she sat on the sidewalk.

We had gone to Softree for a drink while we were preparing the last details for Jonghyun’s birthday party. But I wasn’t able to concentrate on anything but Jadyn.

I left the place and sat on the sidewalk. I went with my thoughts despite the damp chill that ran through me.

I bother me horrors to admit it, but I needed her close. I wanted to see her and I couldn’t help hoping that she could appear down the street and came towards me, swallowing her pride of conceited brat. God, how I... hate her.

"Where are you, Jadyn?"

I looked at Yuri, who was smoking a cigarette, and I smiled; I felt strangely comforted by having her close. I looked at the smoke coming from her lips and motioned me to take the cigar. I nodded, took it and gave it a deep drag.

I didn’t smoke often, but I had to admit (sadly) that I was a smoker since I was fifteen.

—What is it, Jessica? —She asked again; this time more gently than before.

I shook my head and looked at her.

—That I'd like to know. —I blurted out the smoke.

We locked eyes. Yuri was too smart to let anything pass her. I knew she could find it, even before me, what really was happening to me.

—It's all so confusing.

—No one can understand a loving sentiment —she said pulling my hair—. Look, Jessica, we cannot always dominate what we really feel. As much as you try denying it because you have fallen. —She took back the cigar from my hands—. Now you just need to understand it.

I frowned to hear her use that plural when she was only talking to me. Did she had that conversation with Jadyn before?

I sighed and looked back at the street. I wondered if those who walked there would be living a situation like mine. Bah, nonsense.

—You sound like you know what it’s on mine mind. —I was trying to play it cool.

—I know what's on your head. —She pushed me, jokingly—. It has its own name.

—Of course —I said incredulously.

Yuri came close to my ear and brushed her lips before speaking to me.

—She resists you because you're the first. Why do you resist her, Jessica?

I shrunk. I didn’t know what to do. I even trembled. A shiver ran through my body at the time I gave with the answer.

I turned my face towards Yuri. We were only a few centimeters. She had a faint smile on her lips and her eyes expressed interest.

—Because she’s also the first.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The car turned the last corner and there appeared the huge house of Jonghyun's father that was at the beach. It had taken nearly a month to convince him to lend it for the party. I didn’t understand why his father made ​​him many downsides... until I saw the residence.

Very modern design, it was covered with windows. Metal railings, black ground with glittering crystals, mini pool and spa... and all within meters from the beach (twenty to be exact). Near one of the porches there was a promontory, a rock cliff that was connected to the main room of the second floor by a small bridge.

Key screamed again leaning over the roof window of the limousine. He had decided to come with us. Hyoyeon, Yuri and Hyuna were in the party with Jonghyun and one hundred and twenty other guests.

He had asked his driver to bring us and I was grateful. In that way I prevented Donghae to accompany me and stay with me to watch me. I had left home just after lunch, after enduring sermons about my mother, "You should be nicer to Donghae." The problem is that no longer saw those whines as the whim of a mother with a boy, but as a cunning plan. Since I heard the conversation she had with my grandmother, I was trying to stay away from her. I knew something was up and that trouble was brewing. The commitment that my family had with the smaller of the Lee was due to something that I was sure I would soon discover.

Key crouched and collapsed on the seat while he grabbed a licorice from tray. He put it in his mouth before speaking.

—Damn, freezing cold, out there.

Nicole looked at him satirical.

—What do you expect? You have about half an hour doing the jerk leaning in that window.

I let out a laugh that was quickly echoed by Key’s. I was starting to get used to the biting humor of Nic and I loved it. It was extraordinary.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter