Authors Note

Everlasting Impressions

Completed 1 April 2015. About time too, I'd say :P
 


[READ AFTER READING 'EVERLASTING IMPRESSIONS,' BECAUSE OF SPOILERS!]


'Everlasting Impressions' is my longest fic ever. I don't think I want to write something this long ever again. Not because the length is an issue but more to do with interests changing and wow, I had A LOT of those. I think my writing style changed during the course of this fic too. 'F***in' evolution!'  Because of that this fic might have been discontinued at some point. I really hated it somewhere in the middle, but each time I mentioned it I'd have readers say 'no.' So, I finished it for you guys who were reading it and liking it. I didn't want to leave people hanging. I think I'd hate it if I were reading something and it ended. Anyway this is more a note for me than anyone else: Never write something that you don't want to finish. I learnt it the hard way but PLANNING helps.

 

Seriously, I hate this fic. It gave me so much trouble. Not only did it lose direction 35 chapters in, after which I redid those chapters to match the new concept, but it is the sole story that had 3-4 different endings planned as well as lots of scenes that were written and never used. **le big sigh** I won't call it a waste of effort because I can use those ideas in the future but it is annoying to write stuff for something and not use it where I wanted.


Enough complaining. It's over. It's done. I can mark the fic as 'complete' and pretend it never happened. Hurray! Banzai! Hallelujah! And as Sehun would say, yehet!

 

Thought I should write something reading worthy about 'Everlasting Impressions' after my rant. Something intellectual and knowledgeable and stimulating but I got nothing. So I will improvise.



[Spoilers]

About the Characters


Oh Sehun; The serious one.
Sehun is that lead character everyone sees time and time again. The guy who is forced to be with a girl for some unforseen circumstances. He hates her at first but later falls in love with her. That's exactly what he did too. 'Cept I didn't want to make him a , so he was somewhat nicer. Sehun has a dark past. It kinda back fired on him in the later half of the story, but he was like any other guy puppy crushing on a noona. That noona died and that whole concept affected him gravely. It affects his relationships with Hana too. Straight away he's suspicious of her trying to date him for the sake of it. Events ensure and she becomes the schools wangta. He was nice enough to feel bad about it. They eventually become closer and viola an awkward love story begins with ghosts and crazies doing their thang. But that doesn't stop Sehun's love. He goes from bulling Hana to opting to go to prison for her; he loves her. I hope that's different from what you see in the usual 'cold guy fics' around. He underwent a personality makeover in prison. He became tougher and was made to grow up. Out of prison he still kept grounded instead of losing his head and that probably had to do with the Guardian Angel who was watching his back.


Oh Seryung; The hit or miss.
Seryung's character will probably always be the one that people have a problem with. You wanna hate her but you can't. You want to like her but it doesn't work. She's annoying but not really annoying enough. And that is exactly how Tao feels about her too, at the start. She falls in love first and it probably has to do with the fact that Tao is different to the guys she knows. Different is always attractive and so she falls. Seryung's ghost seeing ability is pretty unique too. It matches her hit or miss factor. She ends up wearing the wangta shoes and all the while believing no one would hurt her she is proven wrong. Who else to come to her aid than the beloved Prince? She gets two instead of one and we all know how that ends. She feels that Tao doesn't love her and because she doesn't want to get into a one-sided relationship she looks to Kangjun. For Seryung he's that guy who she hopes will help her forget about Tao. How? Well he claims to love her and he's romantic. It doesn't turn out that way. They end things. She is kidnapped. And in the end it is Tao who marries her. They work for the same organization. They're always together. And Jongin calls them out for being like 'any other couple.'


​Kim Hana; The loveable one.
While she is the closet relative to Mary Sue or Candy she proves one thing. Candy never goes out of fashion. Hana is at the other end of the marriage game and of course she has as much of a say in it as Sehun does. She is different to him in the fact that she embraces the idea. Of course, who doesn't want to be with the high school hottie? She's not any different... or maybe she is. She sort of befriends his sister and caves into 'becoming' Yoon Raemi. This doesn't work of course because the Hana that Sehun falls for is the real one. She does keep the fact that she's Tao's cousin from him, but that's at Tao's request. Hana wants to keep everyone happy and that doesn't always work. She get's caught by Sehun. He calls her out for trying to trick him. Perhaps she might have retaliated if Sinister hadn't kidnapped her? She is tormented by flashbacks to the extreme. Sehun is lucky to have been caught by her at her house else he might have died. Poor Candy does get hit by a car because these types of things would only happen to a Candy. The experiences together change her temperament while retaining her loveable image.


Huang Zitao; The tough guy.
Tao has always been the wannabe tough guy in snowflake16's eyes so she will project him just like that. Of course we can't give him everything and make him eons above the rest. That's not fair. So he is poor. This is actually a big deal. He's a normal guy from an average background who ends up mingling with the super rich. It's terrifying. He's biased. He decides to hate on Seryung. As he's mentioned he didn't hate her from the start. He actually liked her from when she started siding with Hana but he'd rather hate her instead of turning himself into Gege 2.0. Yeah, he doesn't wanna end up crazy over a girl whose gonna end up marrying some rich guy her parents pick for her. He doesn't believe she will love him if he doesn't have money. It just adds to his bias. He falls for her anyway. Even though he's in love he pushes her away and into Kangjun's arms. For Tao he might believe that Kangjun is a good option since he matches Seryung on a status level. The 'common ground status' is usually: girl and guy are from the same social class are almost a match on the visuals, monetary, background scale. The girl can be less than the guy but when its the other way around it simply isn't done. Tao doesn't fit the bill. He falls back a bit. His feelings can't do the same. It's a good thing he acts on them else no one knows what would have happened.


​Seo Kangjun; The charming, second lead.
In the original, super predated version of 'Everlasting Impressions' back when it was still called 'Hello to You too,' Kangjun was the real second lead who gets his heart broken. It made no sense to me at all. Why would anyone turn down someone that attractive? It still makes no sense. Hence he got a bigger role and a whacky personality. He's that character everyone loved at the start. He was loveable as Kangjun and as Sinister until he unleashed his wrath to ruin everything. Bad boys are not good guys, do not make that mistake. Kangjun wanted revenge from the start. He approached everyone with that very intention. He is described as a 'not so nice guy' in the school rumors, how did everyone miss that? He was Sinister all along and here everyone blamed poor Jongin. For my views on Jongin please see, here. At some point poor snowflake16 has a mini crisis and wondered what would happen if people fell for Sinister. So then she vamped his character a bit more. Do not fall for the bad guy. He is evil. You must not fall for the devil. He will hurt you. And he became twisted to the point where he killed himself. (Note, the same way as Miyoung.) He was messed up. He is a brill actor irl he plays dem bad boys too. The cute bad boys and second leads. Boy's got potential.


Kim Jongin; The mistaken one.
There is so much to say about Jongin. Imma call him Kai since Kai is easier to type, less letters you see. Kai and his friend Suho began with zero roles. Like legit no roles. Then you readers called him 'Sinister' and gave me ideas. Thanks to you guys Kai became cool! The mistaken one is right. He was the one going in and out of the glassrooms and he did get caught by Tao at one point. There is no back story for it and no space in the fic for me to put it down, but there was a reason why he got beaten up. He and Suho were meant to be 'spies' for Sinister. At the same time Suho caught whiff of Sinister. He found out and that's why they got beaten up. Anyway I never imagined Kai as Sinister. Tbh I didn't understand why everyone assumed that. Then I read more EXO fics and realized it. You guys have all been conditioned to believe that Kai is that 'cool,' 'bad boy.' He's like that in every fic! No wonder readers mistook him! Pfft... I cannot imagine it still. I believe the boy likes puppies more than people. There aint no way he could have done as well as Kangjun at being Sinister. Sorry guys. Better luck next time. Kai is cute, not bad boy. He's a good friend here. Always was, and always will be.


​Kim Joonmyun; The also mistaken, but not as much as Jongin, one.
 While Jongin liked everyone to call him 'Kai,' Joonmyun remained as he was in EI. Calling him Suho now, because it's easier to type. Suho was another one of Sehun's friends. In EI he didn't really have a purpose until readers cried, 'Sinister.' Any form of a role he has is actually cuz of readers, same with Kai. I have you guys to thank for that! Suho got more of a role than just being the mistaken one. He was a good friend who was trying to save Sehun's sorry . In his attempt he ended up dying and even in death he was convinced that Hana and Tao were sent by the glassroom students. That's why he tried to pull them apart. He later got the title of Guardian Angel. Why do you think Sehun didn't completely lose his head in prison? Or why did the other characters not go crazy after everything? There was an angel with them. You see, in the normal world, people would go mental if something like this happened to them. And I couldn't do that to my characters. It would ruin the whole story. So Guardian Suho had to stay with them to keep them grounded. Shut up Yifan, he did well!


Han Miyoung, MAMA & The Trio; side characters.
Miyoung had a bigger role than you thought, huh?
MAMA was always meant to die saving Tao. That poor owl.
The Trio weren't given real names because I didn't like them enough. They were annoying and mean.


The Plotline
​What was meant to be a rom-com became this. I am really not cut out for rom-coms because I don't have the patience nor the ability to write continuous fluff. This turned out to be much more interesting. From a fic that had no purpose it became meaningful. I know readers might not notice that, but I think I might hate it a little less now that it's finished, and reasoned, and I won't have plot ideas in my head for it. It's all good. Hehe. From the start readers are led to believe that this fic might be one of those arranged marriage fics (because that is what it was meant to be). But it wasn't, and that is the beauty of imagination and stories. Anyway for those who liked the mystery aspect of EI, you might wanna read my fic, Cheque Mate, it's more mystery than anything. Not very scary. I think EI is scarier. My poor cliched rom-com never really happened. I'm kinda sad about that because I wanted to write something more effortless but I ended up making things complicated... **sigh** 



About the Ending
EI began with the discovery of Miyoung's diary by none other than Seo Kangjun. A childhood love story that went wrong after her death. So now boy's out for revenge. Heroic? Probably. Did he go about it the right way? Probably not. He pretty much ruined Sehun's life as well as killing MAMA, Joonmyun, the teacher, shooting Tao, scarring Seryung, hurting Hana and beating Jongin... Not very heroic at all. I think I mentioned something about the President being at fault for Miyoung's death. Detectives Sehun and Jongin were out to fix wrong. They stumbled onto that information when they were doing their rounds. What they'd planned was probably different to what ultimately happened. Although things took a turn for the worst our characters still look towards the future with bright smiles. I think this is the best ending I could have given this fic. Any other one would have been too cheesy and fake. There are some serious lessons to take from in the last paragraphs in which the characters thought about their decisions. I hope readers consider them too.


Whew, that's a lot of words. Soooo, any thoughts after finishing all that?