Serendipitous Savior Sehun

Everlasting Impressions

It was finally lunchtime and Sehun was thrilled that Hana had left him in peace. He preferred studying rather watching her getting bullied. Everyone had heard about bullying but it had never been this bad before, in Sehun’s opinion. There had never been a victim of bullying in any of his classes but now she was there as a reminder.

 

He looked up from where he sat. Everyone was running towards the window in a clustered frenzy. He rolled his eyes at them until he noticed they were littering – littering being the nicer term. They were hurling things into the schoolyard.

 

He removed his headphones curiously and wondered why they were jeering. Did they want detention? Had everyone gone mad? He was about to prop his headphones back on until he heard, “Take that loser!” Sehun paused and gathered his thoughts. There were losers in the school but only one seemed to cause such a ruckus. He cursed under his breath at having to waste energy. Letting the headphone dangle around, his neck he made his way to the nearest window.

 

THUD!

 

The windows began to shut turn by turn as Sehun relieved the latches. His classmates were aghast, pulling away their fingers fear of having them sliced. A new buzz of panic ensured and he could practically hear their thoughts as he struck terror into their hearts.

 

“Crazy maniacs,” He muttered loudly, and on purpose, making his way to the next window. “Disturbing the only time I have-”

 

THUD!

 

“-to listen to music!”

 

THUD!

 

When all the windows had come to a close he glared around the room. “Next one to disturb me will be asking to join Hana,” he growled watching them recede quietly back to their seats.

 

Sehun ruffled his hair irritated and allowed his foot to stomp loudly. The effect of this sullen presence pleased him. ‘There you go dad, Seryung. I saved Kim Hana a little so don’t hate me too much.’ He smirked allowing his gaze to glide over them like a hawk. ‘These brats are pretending to study,’ he thought wryly.

 

He took this time to shoot a quick glance at the scene in the schoolyard. “Oh Seryung! You’re mental!” He gruffed and cursed loudly kicking the nearest desk to him before trudging out of the classroom exasperatedly.

 

-

 

Kim Hana blinked through her fingers at the large shadow. “Thought you might need this,” a bored voice that sounded very much like Oh Seryung stated. Hana slowly removed her murky arms from her face and stared in awe at the umbrella. Seryung cursed a little to loudly as something slimy splashed on her legs. Hana stifled a laugh at her annoyance.

 

Seryung blinked breaking out of her angry stance, and awkwardly nudged Hana with her leg. “What’s so funny?” she asked puzzled. They were being pelted with goo, water balloons, spit bombs and the like. There was nothing remotely funny about their situation.

 

Hana giggled this time allowing her honey-clad voice to reveal itself, “We’re being attacked but not doing anything about it.”

 

Seryung arched an eyebrow. “And how is that funny?” She plopped down beside her sister-in-law bemused. “The umbrella will only last for so long,” Seryung commented lightly examining the tiny dents that were slowly sprouting.

 

“We should leave,” Hana muttered distantly.

 

“We should but before that can you please come back down to earth Kim Hana?” Hana blinked and stared at the pretty girl beside her. Her name sounded alien to her ears ever since she'd been christened an outcast.

 

“Hey!” Seryung warned the watery smile. “Calm down please! I’m not good with waterworks,” she pleaded. Hana nodded and stretched into what she hoped was a smile.

 

“Oh...” Hana mumbled as the pelting noise ceased. Did the firing stop? The girls blinked at the sudden cease-fire. Nothing was visible through their shelter. Then they heard it! Yelling. As if on cue Seryung tossed the battered umbrella to the side.

 

“Woah… What is he up to?” The knowing smile playing on Seryung’s lips betrayed her bewildered tone. Hana was surprised. What was that Oh Sehun doing?

 

-

 

“So… Do you plan on telling me why you’ve turned the school into your very own amusement park Mr. Oh?” The principal’s eyes darted at the three of them before closing in on Sehun. The ruckus had undoubted reached many ears before reaching hers, and although she did sympathize with them, Sehun's actions couldn't be embellished if the law and order of the school were to uphold.

 

It was already bad enough that the students of the glass rooms acted like school was their personal leisure area, but now 'ordinary' students like Sehun were causing a fuss.

 

The classrooms in the front square had been spoiled and many students' books had gotten wet as a result. Not to mention that there were little puddles that the cleaning ladies weren't too happy about. Several people had come to complain and the principal was in a delicate situation too.

 

Her eyes rested on Hana for a short second, the teacher's had been gossiping about her. No one was willing to get involved with Hana to try and help. This chain reaction was something that the teachers strayed away from. There was nothing worse than interfering with what the students of the glass room wanted, and what they wanted at present; was to watch a child being bullied. It amused them to see how savage the student's became when given prey to feast on.

 

The principal narrowed her eyes on the prized student. Punishing Sehun was a waste. Rather than penalizing the star student, it would have been better to have Hana transfer schools as she was being victimized. This realization was not something she could voice freely, although it was the more obvious thing to do. For a school such as this to be caught up in a ‘bullying scandal’ was an atrocity in itself. Perhaps the girl would understand this and leave on her own free will.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sorry Ms.” Sehun interrupted the principal’s thought process. She stared at him for a moment and recalled why she was being made to discipline him.

 

“Mr. Oh, I don’t want to hear your apologies! What I want to know is why the school camera caught you splashing water in through the school window with our latest high powered gardening hose!”

 

“Mr. Oh I demand to know why the classrooms facing the school yard are flooded?”

 

It was Sehun’s turn to scowl. He eyed the principal with contempt and sighed at the system they were all forced to live in. She was merely doing her job. Thoughts and ideas were all useless in light of the society they lived in.

 

Sehun swallowed. He felt the girls on either side of him asking the same question under a different light. Ultimately the real question on everyone's mind was 'why?' Why had he done anything at all when he was usually the first one to avoid any high school drama?

 

He cleared his throat to wipe thoughts clean. “I don’t know.” He'd simply let his personal life take wing in school. It was a mistake. Sehun could admit to that one.

 

Somewhere in the back of his mind he felt sorry for Hana. However a piece of him felt that she deserved it.

 

“He saw them throwing things ma’am and as aloof as my brother looks he cares a lot for the environment. I’m sorry ma’am I think he just lost it,” Seryung lied convincingly.

 

Hana was staring at her hands. They trembled in fear for her future.

 

“I’m sorry,” Hana heard her voice say, “It’s all my fault... Because of me…” Her voice faltered and quivered cowardly and then no more words escaped . She clenched her jaw to prevent tears. Crying brought more attention than she wanted.

 

Seryung leaned back in her chair wondering why the issue had accumulated. There was no need to question students when the cameras blatantly held all the answers the principal could possibly require, so why were they being interrogated like criminals? She was tempted to invent a ludicrous fabrication to contrast the truth but held back when she felt Sehun’s heel slowly sinking into her foot as a warning.

 

The principal frowned at the trio who were delving in their own thoughts. She knew she would get no information out of them and it was ridiculous to try. “Alright. You may leave but Oh Sehun I’m giving you one week’s detention for flooding the classrooms. During that week you’re also on clean up duty. I hope this makes you realize respect for school property! Ms. Oh I hope you keep an eye out for your brother. We don’t want more mishaps now, do we?”

 

Seryung resisted the temptation to click her tongue in response. She shook her head, swooshing her ponytail from side to side.

 

Sehun feigned a smile, partially disgusted. They all lied to protect themselves. They would do nothing about Kim Hana who was being tormented when they knew it too. They knew everything. The cameras contained proof. They had eyes and ears to tell them but they chose to ignore it. Another person’s misery didn't affect them. They were cold, colder than the night, colder than snow and ice, colder than metal and steel, and colder than the Arctic. Humans were cold-blooded creatures.