Everland: Final

Everlasting Impressions

Sehun blinked a couple of times. He watched her diverge from their path until she reached a stall. He tilted his head curiously when she turned to beckon him over. He didn’t understand what was so amusing about the game; it looked rather plain to him.

 

The stall was one among many. Hana eyed the rules with a hint of playfulness, her expression remained thus when her eyes turned towards the targets. They consisted of water balloons; half of them were stationary whereas the others traveled across a straight track above their unmoving counterparts. A dart riffle sat invitingly on the counter of the stall.

 

The aim of the game was to hit exactly three targets in any set of combinations but the best prize was awarded to whoever hit three mobile targets; the silver prize went to those who could hit two mobile targets and one stationary one; other combinations resulted in prize three.

 

Hana eyed the awards. First place was rewarded a free second shot along with a medium sized stuffed toy, second place were given any small sized plush toy of their choice and third were given a key-ring.

 

Hana picked up the rifle after paying. She examined it in her hands. It was quite big for something that shot darts, her lips curved into a smile. Suddenly she wasn’t herself anymore.

 

 She was in China.

 

She was partaking in a simulation.

 

She was hoisting a similar weapon.

 

Her target was the centre mark.

 

Hana grinned. The targets were moving, however, there was a pace that they traveled at. She examined them carefully before aiming, her eyes narrowed, all focus deflected towards the mobile targets. Her finger hovered over the trigger at when she felt it was right, she pushed it, letting the dart zoom through a balloon letting it splash water as it popped.

 

The other two popped in a similar way within the span of a minute. Hana stopped to admire her handiwork. The stalls owner didn’t seem too pleased but that was none of her concern.

 

Sehun clapped, making Hana turn to him. She blinked as if she’d forgotten he was there. His acknowledgement left her feeling shy, she ran her fingers through her hair and prevented a proud smile from emerging.

 

“Which one should I choose?” Hana asked. There was a range of stuffed toys to pick from all of which appealed to her. She thought about testing her luck and taking them all home but decided against it because she wasn’t that greedy.

 

Sehun was bemused that his opinion was of some value. His eyes browsed the options, at the same time he wondered which she would like or if she would even approve of his choice. He thought about her personality while deciding which doll would match her. His eyes continued to scan the numerous plush toys until he came across a cute hello kitty doll in a bear onsie. He pointed towards it, “That one.”

 

The stalls owner gave a curt nod before hurrying to fetch the toy. Wordlessly he handed Hana the doll and pointed to the rules, “You get another go,” he said gruffly.

 

Hana hugged the hello kitty doll delightfully. A series of chuckles emitted from her, it was like she’d just won the lotto. Her eyes were sparkling and her smile was wider than Sehun had ever seen it before. She was bouncing on her feet and patting the stuffed toys head.

 

He looked towards the cat-dressed-as-a-bear and wondered how it could bring felicity. Sehun still didn’t understand. In fact he didn’t get it at all. A plush doll had made her glow with happiness. He could have sworn he’d imagined stars in her eyes! He scratched the back of his head in confusion.

 

 He hadn’t ever seen her look so genuinely pleased. Sehun held the toy in his hands. It was rather cute, and he’d picked it because it was so. It was about as cute as its new owner.

 

Sehun smiled too although he didn’t know why. When he looked up Hana was looking at him with an underlying smile that muddled him further. It was then that he noticed the stall owner watching him too.

 

“Pick your choice,” the harsh voice briefed him. Sehun blinked and tilted his head. His gaze landed on three newly struck targets and his eyes grew wide, ‘Again?’

 

Hana tapped his shoulder gaining his attention, “Which one do you want?”

 

The question startled him. His eyebrows furrowed questioningly. Why would he want a stuffed toy? He wasn’t as fond of them as Hana appeared to be.

 

Hana shuffled her feet in wait, Sehun seemed to be in a daze and the stall owner was making her feel uncomfortable by sending them both glares for turning up at his work place.

 

“Erm… I’ll take that one,” Hana pointed to a policeman Rilakkuma doll. It was a cute sized toy. She smiled and handed it to a still dazed Sehun. He took the doll with a blank look on his face.

 

“It’s for you,” Hana explained in simple words before turning her attention back to the balloons.

 

“You can only get one free go, no more,” the grouchy owner pointed out. He snarled at the two toys that had been taken in a matter of minutes. He thought about altering the speed of the balloons to save himself the trouble of losing his business to a little girl.

 

Sehun stared at the bear. He couldn’t recall ever being gifted such a thing, not even when he was young. The cute toys all went to Seryung. He didn’t mind that because he’d never been drawn to stuffed animals in the first place.

 

The doll in his arms stared back at him in wonder of its new owner. Heat rushed to Sehun’s cheeks, he quickly put the bear down and cleared his throat as well as his thoughts. He felt flustered by it all.

 

“Let me have a shot,” Sehun muttered as casually as he was allowed to under the circumstances. He took the dart rifle from Hana and aimed it towards the targets.

 

Hana winced slightly as Sehun narrowly missed all three targets. The stall owner looked rather pleased with himself. Sehun just stared at the perfectly moving targets. He growled under his breath. The two bears that Hana had won were watching him silently judging his lack of ability.

 

“One more shot,” Sehun insisted. He could feel Hana’s eyes on him too. He missed another set of three, followed by another followed by more.

 

“This game is rigged,” Sehun declared tossing the rifle into its holder. He glared at the faces around him waiting for them to say something so he could unleash his frustration on them.

 

Hana nodded in agreement despite thinking otherwise. The owner scratched his chin uninterested.

 

“I’ll try again,” Hana proposed. Sehun turned his back to the game waiting for her to miss as he had. He crossed his arms and leaned against the stand waiting for her hopes to be dashed so they could leave with two rather oddly coupled bears.

 

When he heard the first pop he prayed she would miss the remaining two but his wish didn’t come true. Shortly after the first strike came two more. Sehun’s jaw slackened he whipped around to stare at the burst balloons wondering how she’d managed to hit them.

 

He glared at the owner suspecting that the elder played a part in the plot. Maybe he was just nice to girls or something, Sehun didn’t know. What he did know was that Hana was aiming for her second go so she could choose her prizes together.

 

Hana pulled the trigger, hitting the centre of the balloon and letting the water splash. She fired at another balloon and smiled when she hit bull’s eye. She aimed for the third one when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

 

“Let me try,” said Oh Sehun in a serious voice Hana couldn’t resist. She didn’t want to but she handed him the rifle hoping he wouldn’t miss.

 

Sehun launched the dart. He could have sworn it skimmed past a balloon but not enough to pierce it. He stomped his foot, convinced that the game was toying with him.

 

Hana pressed her lips together to conceal her laughter as she won her third prize. She reached for the rifle but Sehun pulled it out of her reach, “I want another go.”

 

Hana nodded helplessly and exhaled slowly. She noted the speed of the balloons had changed again and this time they were faster than before. Her eyebrows knitted together and she gave the owner a reproachful look every time Sehun missed.

 

“Try hitting the still ones,” Hana directed.

 

“I got this.”

 

Hana cringed as more and more money left Sehun’s pocket. He was using his card to pay now after having used up all his cash. Watching him gave her a headache.

 

“You’re doing it wrong,” Hana instructed. “Your shoulders should be relaxed,” she held them and propped them into the correct position.

 

She wound her arm around him and clutched the trigger guard with her left hand. Her right hand sat under the rifle.

 

 “This is how you’re meant to hold the rifle,” she straightened the rifle in his hands and positioned it to shoot.

 

Sehun nodded following the instructions as they were being given. He aimed half nodding, half watching the imperative targets glide. His finger was itching to push the trigger and fire a series of darts but he was patient enough to wait until Hana’s fingers pressed against his to shoot.

 

Sehun’s eyes widened to resemble two moons when his aim hit bull’s eye. He chuckled to himself and whisked to look at Hana who smiled encouragingly back at him. He grinned and enveloped his arms around her, “Thank you! I promise, I’ll win you something!”

 

-

 

Tao was glad for the crawl to freedom. The trips to the haunted house had cut years off his life span. Tasting air felt precious. He stretched out his arms and sighed finally feeling relaxed.

 

“Round three?” Seryung asked hopefully batting her eyelids innocently.

 

Tao’s arms dropped to his sides, “Definitely not!”

 

“Please!” Seryung begged cutely.

 

“If I die, I’ll come back and haunt you. Those two abandoned us because we were in there too long!” Tao pointed to the haunted house as if it were the most repulsive thing he’d ever seen.

 

“We don’t need them to have fun!” Seryung huffed.

 

“Well, I wanna see if Hana is having fun and not being dragged around by your brother.” Tao stated dryly eyeing her in disapproval.

 

Seryung rolled her eyes, “Oppa’s not like that.”

 

“I hope he’s not like you.”

 

“What’s wrong with me?”

 

“Nothing, nothing at all, except you just like to make everyone’s lives difficult.”

 

Seryung pouted in response to the sarcastic reply. She was sure he was joking but she couldn’t help feeling offended by his offhanded comment. He’d turned his back to her too as if she were going to drag him into the haunted house again. Seryung sighed, she wanted to but he didn’t want to. She didn’t wish to fight with him either.

 

“Fine. I’ll let you do one thing that you want to do.”

 

“Oh really? And why would you do that?”

 

“Because I’m a nice person.”

 

Tao poked her forehead, “If you were nice, you wouldn’t make me go on scary rides and let my insides turn to jelly. Take responsibility.”

 

-

 

‘Responsibility: the state or fact of being accountable or to blame for something.’

 

Seryung scratched her head. Nowhere in the dictionary did responsibility require one to accompany someone shopping…

 

Seryung gritted her teeth. He’d practically run to the gift shop because he needed to buy something. He’d given no reasonable explanation of what he needed. He’d told her to pick something nice dismissively while he browsed every shelf for something ‘suitable.’ He’d then gone to reject everything ‘nice’ she’d chosen saying it was all ‘tasteless.’

 

For the first time in her life, Seryung was stumped. She watched him pause at a column of necklaces ranging from A-Z. She flinched slightly when he automatically picked up a ‘H.’

 

She didn’t need to ask whom the knot-work ‘H’ sitting in the centre of a rhinestone heart was for. She tried to force a lump down and pretended it didn’t bother her.

 

“Does the ‘H’ stand for Huang?” Seryung hissed. Her voice projected hostility. Tao ignored her waving his hand as if trying to waft her away.

 

“Go choose a nice present for Hana.”

 

“Why? It’s not like it’s her birthday.”

 

“Just go, we’ve got plenty to do.”

 

Seryung glared at the back of his head. She felt an intense dislike towards him, a rather unreasonable one. Unreasonable enough to slip an ‘S’ necklace into his hand and scurry away before questions could be asked.

 

-

 

Sehun’s winning streak didn’t last long. He gritted his teeth after missing the last target. He fumed silently to himself and pinched the bridge of his nose. The elated feeling had been overthrown by contempt for balloons. He made a note to never look at another one ever again.

 

“Last time.”

 

Hana groaned inwardly. She hoped his last attempt would be successful because he was making her feel fairly guilty for winning three times.

 

“Do you want me to help?”

 

“It’s okay, I can do this.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah, I understand the trick behind it.”

 

“Hm…”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll make my teacher proud.”

 

Hana bobbed her head uncertainly. Tao was a better teacher than her, in her opinion. She suddenly wished he were here too.

 

Sehun straightened his back and took a deep breath. He could feel the pesky game raising his blood pressure slowly. He didn’t like it either but he wasn’t one to lose. Nor did he like the fact that Hana had won something for him while he’d done nothing to even the playing field.

 

He felt comparatively useless next to her ability and he didn’t like that. He hated the feeling of worthlessness that balloons brought him. His fingers tightened around the rifle as he wondered whether to throw in the towel or discredit himself once more.

 

“You can do it,” Hana whispered quietly. Her voice was almost incoherent. Sehun felt he’d imagined it but when he turned to glance at her she bowed a supportive nod. Sehun felt empowered. He mustered a smile and placed his card in front of the cash register.

 

Hana crossed her fingers while hugging the three bears that she’d collected. She shut her eyes. She didn’t want to see distress if he missed. She was beginning to regret playing the game.

 

‘You can do it.’

 

A booming eruption commanded them to remain silent. Sehun clenched his jaw as if a burden had been placed onto his shoulders.

 

‘Two more left.’

 

He hated the fact that there were only three turns per round. Although it meant nothing, he felt as if he’d been pushed into the deep end of the pool on his first lesson.

 

He fired with his thoughts in arranged in disarray.

 

‘One more left.’

 

It was the last one. If he hit this he wouldn’t drown in the pool. His pride would remain intact. He would not fall in Hana’s eyes. The owner wouldn’t roll his eyes at him. Everything depended on the last shot. The pressure he felt was that of a student staying up the night before an important exam to squeeze as much last minute information as possible.

 

‘You can do it.’

 

He fired without meaning to, without even looking. He flinched not wanting to see the result of his abrupt move.

 

Hana sighed in relief after counting three hits. Sehun dropped the rifle. The owner spoke his longest sentence, “Hey, that’s expensive!”

 

Sehun didn’t care. He picked out a long awaited prize in the form of a white bear with a purple nose and matching bow, ears and paws.

 

“This is for you,” Sehun presented with a grin.

 

Hana blinked at him at then at the bear. A question formed in her head and floated about until she voiced it, “Did you do all that, for this?”

 

Sehun shrugged and gingerly picked up the Rilakkuma, “You got me something too.”

 

Hana furrowed her brows and blinked innocently. She tried to make sense of the situation but no sense came of it. She’d given him a stuffed toy because she’d won two; she hadn’t specifically won to gift him…

 

She opened to tell him he had another go left but somehow he’d already missed three targets before she could get a word out.

 

-

 

“Make sure to drop Hana home by 7, no later nor early - Tao”

 

Sehun stared at the cryptic message and tilted his head. The text left him wondering: What was their relationship? He hadn’t questioned it enough before and neither of them had given him a definite answer.

 

They were close, Sehun was aware. Hana identified Tao as her first love. Sehun frowned. Tao liked Seryung and he was sure that Seryung liked Tao too. Where did that leave Hana?

 

“Who are you to give me orders? – Sehun”

 

“Don’t be a loser. Your sister killed me twice today. The least you can do is do me a favor – Tao”

 

“You’re still alive… Fine, I will as long as you keep Seryung happy – Sehun”

 

“Deal – Tao”

 

“Call – Sehun”

 

How to keep Hana busy? Sehun slipped his phone into his pocket and ruffled his hair. There was at least an hour left to kill but the problem was that they’d left the good rides behind them and were headed towards the exit.

 

Sehun grimaced. He hurriedly blocked her path and pointed towards the shops, “Let’s go there,” he didn’t give her time to think as he strung her along with him.

 

They ended up in front of the couple shops where headbands and t-shirts were sold in abundance amongst other things.

 

Hana didn’t have time to query the suddenness of the proposition because before she knew it, Sehun was playing with various headbands before finding an agreeable one to place on Hana’s head.

 

“It looks cute!”

 

She would have frowned had he not been Oh Sehun. His conduct left her baffled. He was gentle in his manner, carefully arranging her locks before staring intently in a way that made her flush and turn away shyly. She was still unused to the windows of his soul; they left her heart bouncing like Crayon Pop with her cheeks the color of strawberry milk.

 

“Don’t you like it?”

 

His question met with no response because Hana’s mind was still orbiting his comment. She shook her head and tried to take control over herself before she became a Barbie doll at the mercy of cute merchandise.

 

Warily, she removed the Minne Mouse ears and recoiled at the red polka dotted bow in the centre. Gingerly, she placed it back with the rest of the puerile and slightly sickening products.

 

“You really don’t like it?” Sehun asked peering over her shoulder, in hopes of finding something else that might be more suited to her taste.

 

Hana shook her head, it felt like Choo Sarang and Choo Sunghoon had opted for a dress-up play-date where she was playing the role of the toddler and he was the parent.

 

“Childish.”

 

Sehun shrugged his shoulders, “It’s cute and it suits you.”

 

Hana clenched her teeth and backed away from them, slipping past Sehun and into a different shop.

 

There were too many matching things to try aside from the immature hair accessories. Hana hugged herself, a smile tugged at her lips while she noted them. Scarves, hats, sunglasses, necklaces, rings, bracelets, bags, umbrellas, watches, fingerless gloves, beanies, wallets and more.

 

South Korea was no doubt a nirvana for couples, Hana agreed with whoever had coined the statement. Each couple oriented product ‘single’ status leaving no room to openly smile but in its place inviting a bad-tempered scowl.

 

“Like anything?” Sehun asked buying time as he’d been asked. He’d barely paid attention to anything after the headband incident. He suspected it was responsible for her foul mood. Tao would have his head for lowering Hana’s spirit.

 

The idea irked him enough to make him clench his fists. He didn’t like Tao with Hana. He didn’t like Tao’s ability to make Hana smile either or their clinginess.

 

Hana crouched down and peered at the wristbands behind the glass case. She pointed to a rainbow colored one, “That’s cute.”

 

It was. Sehun had to admit it was quite cute. It was unfortunate that he was out of cash and the shop didn’t take card. He mentally slapped his forehead for wasting all his money on a cheap game.

 

“It’s awright,” Sehun brushed away her comment. His nonchalance made her glance at him with her innocent round eyes. Sehun looked away before she caught him lying. He ruffled his hair in annoyance. It would be too obvious to go around looking for an ATM. He didn’t want her to view him as a spend thrift.

 

“You don’t like it?”

 

Sehun shut his eyes. He was a terrible liar. He just nodded avoiding all eye contact in fear of being found out.

 

“Oh… Maybe something else then?”

 

“Let’s try some other place.”

 

‘Preferably one that takes card…’

 

Hana pursed her lips. Her gaze lingered on the wristbands, unwilling to part with them.

 

“I like them though… They’re sold as a pair. I can share with Tao.”

 

“No.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“That’s weird.”

 

“Why?”

 

Sehun tapped his chin thoughtfully. There was no reason as to ‘why.’ He’d just made it up as it came along. Her guileless eyes weren’t helping his cause.

 

“Because you’re ‘engaged-’”

 

‘-To someone, not Tao.’

 

Hana bobbed her head uncertainly, ‘Since when do you acknowledge that fact?’

 

He’d muddled her. Her eyes narrowed with suspicion when he turned away not knowing where to look. She hypothesized he’d pull the engagement card to suit his needs. The problem was that she wasn’t going to share, unless, he wanted to share.

 

Hana’s eyes widened until they could grow no more. She almost laughed.

 

“Do you want to share them?”

 

“Not those ones. Those ones are too girly.”

 

Hana made a face and rolled her eyes at his back. He refused to look at her while speaking.

 

‘Irritating,’ she thought shaking her head at him. She wondered how Seryung had survived all the years.

 

“Aren’t you going to pick any?”

 

“Just choose whatever!”

 

Hana furrowed her brows, ‘Why is he yelling?’

 

She sighed and let it slide to play it cool. Her eyes darted around the collection of wristbands. She didn’t know which Sehun would like. She thought about asking his back but decided against it. She didn’t want to lose her temper with him and she him her ugly side. Sehun was carrying four bears in two plastic bags and she didn’t want those dumped on her after agitating him.

 

Hana sighed again. Sehun’s charm was fading gradually. He was no longer the prince of her dreams. Still, she couldn’t help liking him. Maybe it was an illness? Thinking about him made her smile.

 

‘Sick with Sehun syndrome.’

 

She found them whilst talking to herself. They were a little boyish for her taste but she reckoned Tao - her prime example of the male species - would give his approval.

 

“Ahjumma, I’d like to buy these.”

 

-

 

“You still got the rainbow ones!” Sehun whined a tad more than he’d hoped to. However, he was enjoying it. It was fun to have someone listen to his whining.

 

“I did, they match well don’t you think?” Hana held out her arm and admired her wristbands.

 

“The black and blue one’s nice, I guess,” Sehun answered. She had good choice, he approved of her fashion sense. Although, she now looked a little too pleased with herself. He found that cute too.

 

Suddenly, he didn’t feel like heading towards the exit. His reason had nothing to do with time. He just felt free in the amusement park. His worries had flitted away. He was no longer Oh Sehun, the firstborn with many expectations on his shoulders. He was just Oh Sehun, that normal guy. He wanted to do normal things, something he’d never really done before.

 

“Candy floss!” Sehun pointed grabbing Hana’s hand and leading her.

 

-

 

Hana pursed her lips. Sehun’s charm no longer existed. Not with the way he chomped on candyfloss... He’d become rather tedious, quite unlike his stoic self. She felt as if she were babysitting a preschooler at times, but then their eyes would meet and all her thoughts would be erased, rendering her meek.

 

“Want some?”

 

“No, thank you.”

 

“Sure?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Your loss.”

 

Hana didn’t reply after that. There were so many couples walking around wearing matching attire. It took her some time to realize that they must also look like a couple to other people. They were walking closely. They were comfortable with each other’s company. They would laugh together at things.

 

Reality was different. Reality would welt her on the head when she saw couples kiss. It hurt a little, not a lot. Just a little bit. She would peer at Sehun secretly to see if he’d noticed but he was oblivious to it all. That hurt a little more.

 

-

 

“Should we take pictures?” Hana asked directing Sehun’s attention to a photo booth. Her questionable statement was both teasing and genuine. She tried not to laugh at Santa Sehun who had grown a pink fuzzy beard.

 

“Wait, I should clean up first!” Sehun insisted rubbing his chin with the back of his hand. He sulked when he felt his sticky face. He turned sullen when Hana covered and avoided his gaze. He thought he heard giggling and was somewhat glad he’d taken note of his appearance before a photograph could show him.

 

“Yah! I’m going to feed you this if you don’t stop,” Sehun threatened waving the bits of candyfloss stuck to his fingers.

 

Hana smothered her laugh into her palms, ‘You wouldn’t dare!’

 

“No!” He was serious. Hana dashed away from him after his strides quickened. She didn’t know what to imagine. Her thoughts were locked amid, ‘He wouldn’t! Oh, he would! No, he wouldn’t. Yes, he would!’

 

He didn’t. Sehun chose to clean up instead after chasing her after they were both breathless. He smirked to himself. She’d really thought he would stick candyfloss onto her pretty face. He wasn’t that mean. He couldn’t even imagine himself doing so and especially not after she’d bought him two wristbands. It was incongruous. He’d always hated gifts from classmates but he didn’t dislike his wristbands.

 

‘Maybe, I’m changing?’

 

Sehun put the thought to the back of his mind. He watched Hana from the corner of his eye and grinned. She prudently chose to walk at least three meters away from him due to his earlier stunt.

 

He rolled his eyes, ‘Still doesn’t change the fact that you’re right there.’

 

-

 

Hana sat the stuffed toys into the middle car seat. She pressed her lips together not quite believing her luck. She would have to hide them when her parents came home but she could enjoy the company of four bears for the moment.

 

“These things are taking up too much space!” Sehun groaned poking at them audaciously. They reminded him of a game he wanted to forget.

 

Hana wordlessly removed them from the seat and perched them on her lap.

 

“Do you approve of Sehun acting like a baby?” She asked them.

 

Sehun’s eyes twitched moderately. He massaged his temples slowly not wanting to shout and spoil what was so far, a good day.

 

“They don’t think I’m childish.” Sehun replied smoothly shrugging his shoulders with as much apathy as he could muster.

 

Hana leaned back into her seat comfortably, “I like this side of you,” she mused.

 

Sehun closed his eyes for a moment before speaking. “I haven’t been like this in a long while. Thank you, for inviting me.”

 

“Thank you for coming. I had fun too.”

 

“We pretty much wasted money.”

 

“We had fun though, we laughed and grew closer.”

 

“True.”

 

Sehun reflected on the day. Technically, it still wasn’t over yet but their escapade was. It was a pity. It would become a forlorn memory. He stared listlessly out the window leaning his elbow against the door. He could see Hana’s reflection playing with toys making him smile.

 

“What should I call this thing?” Sehun asked warily picking up his bear, “If I don’t name it, Seryung will.”

 

Hana chuckled, she imagined Seryung would keep it for herself because Sehun showed almost little to no interest in it, “Don’t give my gift away.”

 

Sehun’s lips curved upwards, “I won’t,” he insisted exaggeratedly and hugged the bear. “I’m going to call it Hana.”

 

Hana smacked him lightly with one of her stuffed animals, “It’s a boy not a girl!”

 

Sehun chuckled at her response, “I think the name Hana suits better,” he teased.

 

“I’m going to call mine Sehun then,” Hana crossed her arms. She pouted refusing to look at him and instead glared at the seat in front.

 

“Which one’s Sehun?” Sehun asked genuinely looking at the three bears. He hoped it was the better-looking one, whichever that one was…

 

“This one,” Hana retorted clobbering the bear he’d given her.

 

Sehun his breath and let out a low whistle, “Wow, you really don’t like me.”

 

“No, I really don’t.”

 

Sehun laughed when she turned her back to him. “I like you, why don’t you like me back?”

 

Hana bit her lip and took a deep breath. She turned to face him. His physiognomy was filled with jest. She clenched her fists trying not to quiver.

 

“You’re joking.”

 

“I’m not though.”

 

“Then prove it!”

 

“How?”

 

Hana opened to riposte but she was at a loss for words. A thousand words attacked her all at once rendering her under equipped. She clenched her teeth when he arched his eyebrow expecting a quick-witted answer.

 

“Don’t name your bear after me.”

 

The whole thing had taken place within less than a minute. Hana hugged her stuffed toys for comfort and thought about all the better ways she could have replied.