Learning To Love

Learning To Love

Chapter 6

 

After the events of the hectic wedding day ended, the exhausted couple crashed through the door to their bedroom.

 

Jaejoong's room had been completely transformed.

 

Earlier that day, the maids had changed the blue bed sheets & covered the bridal bed with white bedspread. Yuri’s suitcases were piled in another corner of the room.

 

Jaejoong's posters had been removed & the space above the bed hung their wedding portrait.

 

"Do you mind if I use the bathroom first? I really can't stand having all this hairspray in my hair for another minute." Yuri said, while unpacking her suitcases to look for some pajamas.

 

She didn't want to wear anything too revealing or provocative.

 

Her mother had bought her a few sets of silk nightgowns to wear, saying it was an early wedding gift.

 

"It will make you look more appealing." Mrs. Kwon had said, while grinning at her daughter.

 

After picking out a ivory long, treasured nightgown, Yuri headed for the bathroom to take a shower & wash her hair.

 

Yuri hummed happily to herself as the pulled the pins out of her hair.

 

She had survived the wedding ceremony, the reporters outside the church & the games at the reception dinner, "Now, if I can only survive tonight without having a nervous breakdown, I ought to be proud of myself."

 

As the warm water ran down on her, Yuri thought about all the things that were going to happen after she came out of the shower.

 

It's her wedding night; most couples celebrated this night by fully giving themselves to one another.

 

Is that what Jaejoong expected her to do? Was she ready to be Jaejoong's woman?

 

Is she willing to offer her body to a man she barely knew & didn't love?

 

‘He's my husband now; he has his urges, needs & desires.’ She thought miserably to herself.

 

‘Sooner or later, I must have his baby. I might as well get it over with.’ She decided.

 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong paced back & forth impatiently.

 

This was his first night being a married man. He had expectations & traditions he must live up to.

 

"How can I make love to her if we don't even love each other?" He asked himself.

 

‘There's no way we can enjoy.’ His thoughts were interrupted when he heard the bathroom door opening.

 

Yuri stepped out with a towel wrapped around her head & a pile of clothes in her arms.

 

"Your turn." She said, while putting down her things & unpacking her clothes.

 

Jaejoong hurriedly into the bathroom & stripped out of his calvin klein black two-button slim fit tux.

 

He the shower & let the water pound on him, as if to wash away his worries.

 

Outside, Yuri busily pulled out all her outfits & hung them into the closet.

 

She filled half the dresser drawers with her things where Jaejoong had left empty for her.

 

When her personal belongings had been put away, she checked over the luggage that she was taking with her on the honeymoon trip.

 

"Sunscreen, check. Flashlight, check. Bathing suit, check."

 

After making sure she had packed everything, Yuri sat down on the bed to dry her hair & then fell asleep.

 

Jaejoong stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his tiny waist.

 

His sleeping beauty lay on the bed, looking more enchanting than ever.

 

Stepping closer, he was able to see the exposed swell of her popping out from her v-neck of the nightgown she was wearing.

 

Like a young voyager probing into unfamiliar land, he gently her delicate skin & smiled in delight when it stiffened to his light touch.

 

He put his lips to her neck & devoured it while continuing to caress her body with his hands.

 

"Get away from me! What do you think you are doing?!" Yuri shouted.

 

Her eyes popped open & she sat up on the bed.

 

When she saw Jaejoong beside the bed, wearing just a towel, her screeching became louder.

 

"I'm not ready yet. No, not tonight." She pleaded him.

 

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Asked the confused Jaejoong, who had forgotten to bring his pajamas to the bathroom & had to fish them out of the drawer now.

 

"Oops." He said, as he slid open a drawer to reveal Yuri’s underwear.

 

"Don't come near me!" Yuri was still wailing & breathing deeply.

 

"Are you okay, Yuri? I'm just going to put on my pajamas; I will be right back." Jaejoong said in a worried tone.

 

"Why are you sleeping with your hair wet? Don't you know it's bad for you?" His voice came through the bathroom door.

 

"Here, use the blow dryer." He tossed it to her while stepping out of the bathroom.

 

"Thanks." She said, & climbed out of the bed to sit in front of the mirror.

 

"Now, what was all that screaming about?" Jaejoong asked, curious.

 

"Uh, it was nothing; just a bad dream." She said nervously.

 

Jaejoong could sensed her uneasiness & devised a plan to help them both survive the wedding night.

 

"Why don't you sleep on my bed & I will sleep on the floor?" He suggested.

 

"Are you sure?" Yuri was more than happy about his idea.

 

Jaejoong shrugged, "It's not like we haven't done it before." & blushed when he remembered that night & the interesting dream he had.

 

He went to his closet to take out the sleeping bag & unrolled it onto the floor next to the bed.

 

Yuri put away the blow dryer & turned off the light just as Jaejoong settled into the sleeping bag.

 

"Good night." She called to him, while climbing back into the warm bed.

 

"Good night." She heard his voice from below the bed.

 

‘Did I overreact just now? Oh no, I scared him away; now he's going to hate me for making him sleep on the floor again.’ Thoughts filled her head as she lay awake.

 

Half an hour later, after tossing & turning a thousand of times, Yuri called out to Jaejoong meekly.

 

"Jaejoong Oppa? I can't sleep."

 

"Hmmm? You are still awake? I thought it was only me who couldn't fall asleep." He replied.

 

Yuri scrambled under the blanket & poked her head out at the other side.

 

"I feel so restless. I'm tired but I can't fall asleep." She pouted.

 

"Well, our flight tomorrow evening is at five so I guess we can sleep on the plane. Let's just stay up & chat." Jaejoong proposed.

 

Yuri propped herself up on her elbows & peered down at Jaejoong.

 

"Remember that time when we went to see the ring?" She started.

 

"Yeah, you were so brave. I was shaking in my seat." Jaejoong confessed.

 

"I was really scared, too. I just didn't want to embarrass myself in public by screaming." Yuri said.

 

"You are supposed to be scared & screaming; it's a horror movie!" Exclaimed Jaejoong.

 

They continued their conversation all throughout the night, like two teenagers at a sleep over.

They revealed their darkest fears & dirtiest secrets to each other.

 

Past relationships were brought up & analyzed & criticized.

 

"Then the jerk tried to put his hand up my shirt! I slapped him so hard that there was a red mark on his face for a week." Yuri proudly recalled.

 

"Serves him right." Jaejoong chuckled.

 

"Oh, & then this one guy told his friends to bully me so he can come to the my rescue; I totally saw through his act."

 

"That's such a clever idea though." Jaejoong said thoughtfully.


The sun began it's journey across the sky at eight & the couple finally fell asleep with smiles of content spread across their faces.