Learning To Love

Learning To Love

Chapter 4

 

After the engagement party, Jaejoong & Yuri scarcely spent leisure time together because both felt awkward about what happened that night at Jaejoong's house.

 

Every time Jaejoong saw Yuri, vivid image of his dream flashed through his mind & he quickly diverted his eyes elsewhere to avoid having more strange thoughts about her.

 

Yuri couldn't understand why Jaejoong was avoiding her eyes & felt that it must be because he was embarrassed of sleeping in the same room with her before they even got married.

 

Her mind told her that Jaejoong was a gentleman & wouldn’t take advantage of her but Hyoyeon’s mischievous giggles echoed through her head.

 

The weeks crept by & the big day was coming closer & closer.

 

One rainy afternoon, the wedding outfit fittings were appointed.

 

Yuri hurried into the boutique & apologized to all her bridesmaids who were already dressed up & waiting for her.

 

She slipped into the changing room & changed into the ivory ball-gown sweetheart chapel train organza satin wedding dress with a blue lace sash bow that she had chosen earlier.

 

When she finally came out of the changing room, everyone turned around & stared at her with open mouths. Jaejoong, who was in the middle of a conversation with his best man, Hyukjae, turned around & his eyes almost popped out of their sockets.

 

Even though Yuri’s wedding dress wasn’t too revealing, it tightly accented every curve on her hourglass body. Jaejoong mentally slapped himself for noticing.

 

"Unnie. You look absolutely gorgeous." Seohyun gushed.

 

All the girls crowded around Yuri to admire her beautiful dress & help her fix the ivory 2 layer fingertip wedding bridal veil.

 

Yuri was too excited about the dress to notice the dreamy look in Jaejoong's eyes.

 

"Save it for the wedding night, lover boy." Shihoo teased Jaejoong.

 

"What are you talking about?" Jaejoong replied innocently.

 

"I know exactly what you are thinking. I mean, if she was my bride, I had probably be thinking the same thing." Hyukjae added.

 

"You too, have the dirtiest minds." Jaejoong said, & walked away to talk to Yuri about the photoshoot next week.

 

"Don't put too much powder on my face! I don't want to look like a barbie!" Yuri exclaimed, as Hyoyeon & Seohyun applied the last finishing touches to Yuri’s makeup & hair.

 

"There. Pretty as Cinderella." Seohyun marveled at her own masterpiece as Hyoyeon smiled satisfactorily.

 

Jaejoong & the camera crew were waiting for Yuri when she walked outside.

 

The seemingly endless task of taking wedding photos began.

 

"Alright, let's start with a standing pose where Jaejoong has his arms around Yuri’s waist & he's holding her hand." The camera man instructed.

 

Jaejoong hesitantly put his arms around Yuri & held her hand.

 

They both winced slightly at the sudden transfer of warmth between their hands.

 

"Oh, don't be shy; you guys can hug a little tighter than that." The camera man teased.

 

After another roll of film & a few changes of clothing, Jaejoong & Yuri eventually got to relaxed & brushed away the awkward feelings.

 

They smiled at each other & at the camera like they were the happiest couple on earth.

 

"Almost done here. I just need a few intimate shots. How about a peck on the cheek?"

 

Yuri immediately tensed up. Holding hands was one thing; now she had to give her first kiss to Jaejoong? In front of the camera guy, too?

 

Before she could think, Jaejoong brushed his soft, round, plump pink lips lightly across her face & the camera man snapped a few shots.

 

"That was perfect. We are all done now."

 

Yuri collapsed in front of the mirror & Hyoyeon began helping her take the layers of makeup off.

 

"You two look so cute together. I wonder what your baby is going to look like." Hyoyeon said.

 

Jaejoong heard his sister's comment & stepped into the dressing room.

 

"Who said we are having a baby? Even if we are, it wouldn't be so soon. Yuri & I are very committed to the company. We don't have time to be parents yet." Jaejoong defended, before Yuri could say anything.

 

"Geez, you don't have to be so snappy about it. I mean, sooner or later you guys are going to have a baby, that's why mom & dad wants you to get married & start a family." Hyoyeon shot back.

 

Yuri silently listened to the siblings squabble. A thousand thoughts were swimming through her head.

 

‘The Kim is expecting me to have a baby? I have to give up my career to become a housewife? What have I gotten myself into?’ Yuri thought.

 

"Yuri, it's time to go. I will drive you back." Jaejoong offered.

 

Yuri broke out of her trance & followed Jaejoong to his car.

 

"About the baby thing." Jaejoong began, "Don't worry too much about it. I mean, I'm not ready to sacrifice my career & become a family man yet."

 

"I know what you mean." Yuri nodded in agreement.

 

’Thank goodness he feels the same way.’ Yuri felt comforted to know that at least Jaejoong won't rush her into doing something she isn't ready to do yet.

 

"Now, Yuri." Mrs. Kwon said gently to her daughter.

 

"After tonight, you are no longer a Kwon. You are going to be a Kim & that means living under the rules of the Kim household & following their traditions. Remember that after you are married, you will have a family & you must spend more time at home. You can't always stay at the office like you do now."

 

"I know, mom. Don't worry. I will make you proud." Yuri reassured her mother.

 

"One more thing, you will be expected to bear a child I presume. I know you don't love Jaejoong but as a Kim’s daughter-in-law, this is inevitable."

 

"I know, I know." Yuri sighed.

 

"Besides." Mrs. Kwon added, "Jaejoong is such a charming young man; I'm sure he will be a wonderful husband & father. Now, don't sleep too late; you don't want panda eyes tomorrow."

 

Long after Mrs. Kwon left the room & Yuri turned off the lights, Mrs. Kwon’s words echoed in Yuri’s mind, "Inevitable, inevitable, inevitable."

 

"& do you, Kwon Yuri, take this man, Kim Jaejoong, to be your lawful wedded husband?"

 

"I do." Yuri croaked.

 

‘Oh no, what happened to my voice? Why do I sound like a toad?’ Yuri thought.

 

"You may now kiss the bride!" The priest happily announced.

 

As Yuri’s veil was lifted, Jaejoong’s oval-shaped face twisted into a mean, nasty-looking, dangerously aroused snicker.

 

"You are finally mine!" He hissed, before grabbing her waist & crushing her baby pink lips with his.

 

Yuri tried to push him away but his grip on her waist was too strong.

 

He kissed her until the entire church was cheering & clapping.

 

"We will finish this tonight." He grinned & let go of the gasping Yuri.

 

"No!" Screamed Yuri, as she broke out in cold sweat.


"Oh, it was only a dream. I’m thinking way too much about this whole wedding business." Yuri said to herself, as she drifted back to sleep.