Learning To Love

Learning To Love

Chapter 15

 

Yuri’s birthday was coming up & since it was their first time spending it together, Jaejoong wanted to make this a very special day for Yuri.

 

He wasn't sure what kind of present to buy her so he decided to ask the people who would know best, Seohyun & Sungmin.

 

The three of them arranged to meet one afternoon to go shopping with Jaejoong. After walking in & out of eight jewelry stores, Jaejoong finally picked out a silver locket for Yuri.

 

"Can I try it on?" Asked Seohyun enthusiastically.

 

Her black, almond-shaped eyes gleamed with excitement; she loved jewelry as much as Yuri did. Jaejoong nodded & handed his credit card to the sale clerk.

 

Just then, Sungmin’s samsung galaxy s5 rang & he stepped outside to take the call. As Jaejoong & Seohyun were left alone in the store, a few girls from Yuri's office walked by the store. They peered inside & saw Jaejoong helping Seohyun take off the necklace.

 

"Isn't that Mr. Kim? Who's that pretty girl with him?"

 

"Is he cheating on Mrs. Kim?"

 

Seohyun was facing the back of the store so the girls didn’t see her face.

 

"Should we tell Mrs. Kim about it?"

 

"I never knew Mr. Kim was a playboy." They gossiped & soon, the whole office had heard their story. The words traveled to Yuri's ear that Jaejoong had been seen with a mysterious woman in a jewelry store.

 

She was upset at first but after telling herself to calm down, she decided that it's best to ask Jaejoong about it. That night, as they were preparing for bed, she brought up the topic.

 

"Jaejoong Oppa, do you have a lot of female friends?" She asked casually.

 

"Just clients, business partners & a few friends from school." He answered nonchalantly.

 

"Why do you ask?" He looked up at her strangely.

 

"Well." She started, a bit anxious about what his reaction would be, "Some of my employees said they saw you in a store with a girl & it definitely wasn't me."

 

Her voice trailed off & she looked at him, her eyes demanding an answer.

 

Jaejoong reached out for her hand & brought it up to his lips for a gentle kiss.

 

"Sweetie, are you worried that I’m being unfaithful to you?" He held her close to his body & embraced her tightly.

 

"I would never do anything to hurt you. I had rather hurt myself than to see your heart broken; you know that." He kissed her hair softly & pulled back to look at her face.

 

"Then?"

 

Jaejoong sighed deeply, "It was going to be a surprises but if keeping it from you will make you angry at me, I had rather ruin the surprises early than to make you mad at me. I was shopping for a surprises for you with Sungmin & Seohyun. I guess your employees walked by when Sungmin was taking his call so they only saw me & Seohyun alone." He explained.

 

"Really?" Yuri's eyes lit up.

 

"Of course; why would I lie to you?" Jaejoong tenderly cupped her face in his hands & kissed her lips.

 

"Trust me."

 

Yuri mumbled an almost inaudible okay before she began to moan softly as Jaejoong trailed his kisses down her neck.

 

"I heard that tomorrow is Yuri's birthday. Do you need me to cancel all your meetings & appointments so you can go out with Yuri?" June asked Jaejoong, while they were in his office late one evening.

 

"No, that's okay. We are just going out for dinner after work." Jaejoong replied.

 

"Don't you have anything special planned?" June asked curiously.

 

"Just dinner, nothing big." He began to pack up the papers & turn off his computer.

 

"Oh, I get it; you have planned something special at home. An after dinner dessert." June said slyly. She smiled at Jaejoong & winked seductively.

 

"What?" Jaejoong looked at her with bewilderment.

 

"You know what I'm talking about." She kicked him lightly under the table. Jaejoong's face turned red as he realized what June was hinting at.

 

"Aw, don't be embarrassed. Everyone has their needs." She reached out & touched his burning cheek.

 

He pulled back sharply & pushed her hand away. The door suddenly swung open & Yuri walked in, "Oppa, did you forget that you were supposed to meet me upstairs half an hour ago?" Her face was red & she was trying to catch her breath.

 

‘She probably rushed down here. I hope she didn't see anything just now.’ Jaejoong thought to himself.

 

"I'm so sorry, Yuri. I was so caught up with this project that I completely lost track of time." He took her hand & squeezed it lovingly.

 

"I guess I better go now." June interrupted.

 

"Good night." Yuri & Jaejoong said in chorus.

 

Yuri's face was still red during the drive home.

 

"Why are you so quiet tonight?" Jaejoong reached out for Yuri's hand.

 

"What were you two doing in there?" She asked coldly. She pulled her hand back & turned to face the window so Jaejoong wouldn't see the tears flowing out of her eyes.

 

"Darling, like I said before, I would never do anything to hurt you." Jaejoong looked at her pleadingly, "Oh my gosh, Yuri, what did you see?"

 

"You know what went on; you don't need me to repeat it!" Her words were harsh & icy.

 

"Nothing happened in there. June was asking me whether or not she needed to cancel my appointments tomorrow in order for me to get off early & spend some time with you. I said that I didn't have much planned & she kept bugging me about my planned with you tomorrow night. I turned all red & she just teased me more by touching my face." Jaejoong desperately tried to explain.

 

"That's not what it looked like from the door." Yuri scoffed, "It looked like you guys were about to kiss & that guilty look on your face when I walked through the door adds to my suspicions."

 

"Yuri, I swear there is nothing going on between us. I belong to you & you only." Jaejoong pulled into the driveway & turned off the engine. He was about to reach out for her hand again, but she swiftly got out of the car & stormed into the house.

 

When he reached their bedroom, she was already taking a shower & locked the bathroom door on him. He pounded on the door & shouted explanations but she refused to listen.

 

"& why is she dress like that?! Is she trying to seduce you or something?!" Her angry voice came through the door as soon as the water stopped.

 

"Maybe she does have intentions; I don't know. All I know is that you are the only woman in my life." Jaejoong rested his forehead on the door. He fell forward when the door opened & Yuri pushed her way out, "How do you expect me to trust you when you had that guilty look on your face?"

 

She threw her clothes on a chair & climbed under the covers. Jaejoong followed the fruity scent of Yuri's body wash to the bed & shook her shoulder lightly.

 

"Yuri, I told you already. I was embarrassed & I felt awkward when she..."

 

"Don't touch me." She shrugged his hand away & turned her back towards him. Jaejoong sighed & went into the bathroom. Under the covers, hot tears burned Yuri's eyes as she furiously tried to blink them back.

 

Her heart felt torn & her mind was swimming with wild suspicions of what Jaejoong & June could be doing behind her back. She eventually drifted off into a night of troublesome sleep.

 

Jaejoong came out of the bathroom & once again, attempted to clarify things with his wife. When he saw that she was already asleep, he gave up & silently climbed under the covers beside her.

 

Loud moans could be heard from Jaejoong's office. Yuri walked briskly from the elevator & into Jaejoong's office, bracing herself for what she was about to see.

 

dropped open & her heart stopped beating. Jaejoong's office was in a complete mess. Folders & portfolios were strewn all over the floor.

 

There was a midnight blue push-up bra in one corner of the room & a light blue solid textured tie in the other. June was lying on the desk with her matching at her ankles & her clothes were nowhere to be seen. Jaejoong lay on top of her with a sweaty body, panting like a dog.

 

They both turned towards the door lazily & June called out, "Care to join us? I'm up for another round."

 

"Jaejoong Oppa. I can't believe you." The words came out coarse & dry from Yuri's throat.

 

"Baby, you can't blame me." He got off the desk & began to pull his white cotton boxers back on.

 

"What do you expect, Yuri? You don't give him any so he has to come to me." June shot at her.

 

"If you want to be a precious forever then that's fine with us, right, Oppa?" June tossed her long black hair back & laughed.

 

"Whatever." Jaejoong buttoned up his oxford blue signature non-iron cotton dress shirt & walked past Yuri.

 

"I hate you Oppa. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you."

 

"I hate you Oppa! I hate you!" Yuri cried out, with tears streaming from her eyes.

 

"Yuri. Yuri. Wake up." Jaejoong's soft & gentle voice reached her ear. She opened her eyes & saw his worried face hovering above hers.

 

"Get away from me." She violently pushed him away & sat up.

 

"What's the matter? Did you have a bad dream?" He reached out for her & this time, she didn't stop him. She let him embrace her as reality of the dream dissolved into the coolness of the night. She didn't hold back her tears any longer & let herself cry on his shoulder.

 

"Oppa, I'm so scared." She said, between sobs, "I dreamed that you were sleeping with June & it's because I wouldn't." Her tears dripped down her chin & onto Jaejoong's gray short sleeve pajama shirt.

 

"It's just a bad dream; don't worry, Yuri. I would never even think about touching another woman." He comforted her.

 

"I love you too much to hurt you." He pulled back & dabbed her eyes lightly with a tissue, "& I don't care if we aren’t having ; I'm just happy being with you." He kissed her cheek softly & found her hand under the blanket.

 

"Please don't cry, Yuri? You are breaking my heart."

 

"I'm sorry, Oppa. I guess I'm just thinking too much. I know I should trust you." She said softly, & lowered her eyes.


"Look at me, baby." He lifted her chin up & stared into her eyes. No words were said but the love that exchanged between them was so strong & powerful that it melted all the pain & hurt in their hearts. Suddenly, Yuri yearned for Jaejoong & she closed her eyes & leaned her head back. Jaejoong settled his lips onto hers & they fell back onto the bed in a long passionate kiss.