Learning To Love

Learning To Love

Chapter 27

 

"I want to go back to work." Yuri suddenly announced, during dinnertime at her in-law's house. They were having a family dinner at the Kim's & everything was going smoothly until Yuri made her announcement. Jaejoong was the first one to put down his spoon & fork & turn to her.

 

"Are you sure you don't need to stay home & rest for a few more weeks?" His voice was full of love & concern, "Maybe you should consult with Dr. Kim first." Mrs. Kim suggested, "No, I think Unnie is bored at home & needs something to do." Seohyun piped in, "I think Jaejoong Oppa can stay home more often to keep her company!" Hyoyeon argued.

 

More & more voices were added into the conversation & no one noticed Yuri getting up & slipping away into the living room. Jaejoong glanced up & noticed that his princess was sitting by herself so he walked over to the couch & joined her, "I want to go back to work." She repeated.

 

"I understand, darling. I just want the best for you." Jaejoong explained soothingly, "I want you to be happy & if going back to work will make you happy then why don’t we give that a try?" He pulled her closer & gave her a tender kiss on the cheek.

 

Yuri tried to restrain herself from pulling away in front of her family members but her attempt didn’t go unnoticed as they migrated to the living room area, "Sweetie, how about you come back & work half a day everyday until you feel that you aren’t too tired to stay the whole day? How does that sound?" Her father said gently. Yuri nodded & the room buzzed with murmurs of planned for the upcoming week to prepare for Yuri's return.

 

After dinner was over & the servants began to clear the table, Seohyun & Hyoyeon pulled Yuri aside, "Unnie, when you were resting at home, we didn't have time to come visit you so let's catch up on our sister talk." Seohyun linked her arm through Yuri's.

 

"Yeah, we can go up to my room." Hyoyeon took Yuri's other arm & led her upstairs. When the door was shut & the three girls had flopped down onto Hyoyeon's couch, two sets of eyes were staring into a set of sad ones, "Yuri." Hyoyeon started softly.

 

"Everything is back to normal now. I'm fine; there's nothing to worry about." Yuri reassured them, "Nothing is back to normal, you are not fine & there is a lot to worry about." Seohyun couldn’t keep quiet any longer, "I can see the way you are treating Oppa. You don't even let him touch you. It's as if he's a monster or something." She puffed out in one breath.

 

"You two used to be crazy about each other & now, Oppa tells me that you two don't even speak at home." Hyoyeon reported. Yuri hugged her knees to her chest & sighed deeply, "You didn't let him kiss you today; I saw." Seohyun observed, "How can you sleep beside him every night & not say a single word to him?"

 

"We sleep in separate bedrooms." Yuri finally spoke. The two girls were speechless & awestruck, "What?! Why?!" They exclaimed simultaneously, "I don't know. I can't fall asleep with him there so he just moved out to one of the guest rooms." Yuri stated simply, "He's your husband, don't you love him anymore?" Seohyun asked in exasperation. Yuri closed her eyes & took in a deep breath as tears began to rolled down her cheeks.

 

"I do love him. I love him so much but I feel that I'm not worthy of him anymore. I can't even fulfil the basic duty of a wife which is to bear a child for him." Yuri's sobs got louder, "Everytime he touches me or he shows affection for me, it reminds me that no matter how hard we try, we will never be able to have a child & it's all my fault."

 

"No, Yuri; it's not your fault. It's nobody's fault. It was an accident; no one wanted it to happen." Hyoyeon handed her a tissue & embraced her tightly, "Unnie, you & Oppa need each other more than anything right now. Don't shut him out of your life." Seohyun joined the girls' hug, "Physical intimacy isn't only for procreation; it is also an expression of love. Oppa is trying to tell you how much he loves you."

 

"It's getting late; Jaejoong, can you help me find Seohyun & tell her that it's time to go?" Mr. Kwon called to Jaejoong, from across the room. Jaejoong glanced around the living room but didn't see Yuri or the girls so he made his way upstairs. He walked by Hyoyeon's room & heard voices coming from behind the door. He leaned in closer & his eyes widened in shock at what he heard.

 

"I hate myself for being so useless! Oppa's better off without me!" Yuri's voice rang loud & clear, "If I push him away, maybe...maybe he can go find someone else who can give him a child!" She wailed loudly. Without a moments hesitation, Jaejoong barged into the room & took ahold of Yuri's shoulders.

 

"No, Yuri. No. How can you ever think that I would leave you? How can you ever think that I will love someone else?" He held her tightly & refused to let go. Her tears wetted his blue fitted plaid shirt & her sobs racked her body, "Seohyun, mom & dad are looking for you. Oh, & tell them that Yuri fell asleep. I will stay here with her." Jaejoong said, while his wife's back. Silently, Seohyun & Hyoyeon slipped out of the room & closed the door behind them.

 

"Darling, please?" He begged her, "Stop blaming yourself & don't try to push me away because I will never ever love anyone but you. I made a vow to you on our wedding day & I intend to keep it." He cradled her in his arms ^ kissed her cheeks softly.

 

Yuri let her limp body collapse in Jaejoong's arms. She gave in & stopped struggling. It's been too long since she allowed him to touch her & it was killing them both. She was so tired, physically, mentally & emotionally. She relaxed her body & snuggled against Jaejoong as her sobs died down.

 

Jaejoong was surprised & happy that for the first time in a long time, Yuri was allowing him to get close to her. He hadn't held his princess in his arms for so long & now that he finally had her back on his side, he wasn’t about to let go. He tightened his hold on her waist & rained kisses on the top of her head.

 

After half an hour of sitting on Hyoyeon's couch in silence, relishing each other's company, Jaejoong pulled Yuri up & led her to the bathroom, "Let's get you all cleaned up then we can go home. I think you need a nice warm shower & lots of sleep." He said, while drying the last of her tears & then kissed her pouting glossy peachy color lips.

 

The car ride home was solemn & uneventful. Jaejoong drove with one hand while holding Yuri's with the other, "Please promise me you will stop blaming yourself for the accident." He said softly, "Mmm." She nodded in response. Their hands were still linked when they stepped into the house & walked up the stairs.

 

Yuri stopped in front of the master bedroom & opened the door then let go of Jaejoong's hand. Slowly, she looked up & met his gaze, "I'm sorry Oppa; I just need some time by myself."


"I understand. Good night." He turned away as she closed the door behind her.