Learning To Love

Learning To Love

Chapter 5

 

Yuri opened her eyes & saw her own reflection in the full-length mirror.

 

"My little princess is all grown up!" Mrs. Kwon proudly announced.

 

Yuri gazed into the mirror at her reflection & anticipated the oncoming event of the day.

 

Her bridesmaids around her gossiped eagerly about the guys who were coming with Jaejoong to pick up Yuri.

 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang & all the girls flooded downstairs, except for Yoona & Taeyeon who stayed by Yuri’s side.

 

Downstairs, the guys were demanding to be let in while the girls refused to open the door unless they received eight hundred dollars.

 

"I knew this was coming." Said Jaejoong, as he slipped a cheque through the crack in the door.

 

The door swung open & the guys hurried in.

 

"Not yet." Said Seohyun.

 

"Stage two, to show that you are a manly man, do thirty push ups."

 

Jaejoong dropped onto the floor & his buddies started counting for him.

 

The guys cheered loudly as Jaejoong wiped the sweat off his forehead once he was done.

 

"Stage three, to show how romantic you are, go outside below Yuri’s balcony & serenade her!" The girls demanded.

 

Sungmin led Jaejoong & the guys to Yuri’s balcony as Seohyun & the other girls rushed upstairs to tell Yuri to open her balcony door.

 

"I love you, it’s you who I love. Found you. The one person I will keep by my side. Thank you. For coming to my side." Jaejoong's deep voice floated through the air & into Yuri's window.

 

When the song ended, the guys howled & the girls cheered.

 

"Okay, you can claim your bride now." Seohyun called, from above.

 

Jaejoong stepped into the house just as Yuri was coming down the stairs.

 

She looked more angelic than ever in the gown & soft makeup.

 

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" The group chanted.

 

"Let's save it after the vows." Yuri suggested.

 

"Besides, we are going to be late if we don't hurry."

 

During the ride to the church, Yuri & Jaejoong sat in awkward silence.

 

The rose scent of Yuri’s perfume drifted to Jaejoong's tall, sharp nose, making him want to sit closer to her in order to smell it again & again.

 

However, he restrained himself from moving closer to Yuri & kept a comfortable gap between them.

 

"You look so beautiful today." Was all he could say to her as his heart pounded through his chest.

 

"Thanks; you look very handsome, too." Yuri bashfully replied.

 

The church was jam packed when they arrived. Jaejoong stepped up next to the priest & waited for Mr. Kwon to walk Yuri down the aisle.

 

"I'm giving my daughter to you now. Take good care of her." Said Mr. Kwon, as he lovingly placed Yuri's hand into Jaejoong's.

 

"Dearly beloved." The priest began.

 

"We are gathered here today." Yuri's heart throbbed loudly in her chest.

 

‘Ah, bad time to get nervous.’ Yuri thought to herself, & gulped down her saliva as the priest continued on, "Do you, Kim Jaejoong, take this woman, Kwon Yuri, to be your lawful wedded wife? To love, honour & cherish, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness & in health, 'til death do you part?" Asked the priest.

 

"I do." Said Jaejoong solemnly.

 

"Do you, Kwon Yuri, take this man, Kim Jaejoong, to be your lawful wedded husband? To love, honour & cherish, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, in sickness & in health, 'til death do you part?"

 

"I do." Replied Yuri.

 

The couple exchanged rings & the priest pronounced them husband & wife.

 

"You may kiss the bride."

 

Yuri held her breath & closed her eyes as she felt the veil being lifted from her face.

 

Flashes of her nightmare flooded her as she slowly opened her eyes to meet Jaejoong's gaze.

 

To her relief, Jaejoong still looked the same as he did before she closed her eyes.

 

Like he did at the photo shoot, Jaejoong swept his lips across her face gently & proceeded to step down from the altar with her.

 

Outside the church, cameras flashed & cheers were heard from blocks away as the billionaire's son, Kim Jaejoong, stepped out of the church with his new bride.

 

Reporters from every newspaper came to snap some shots of the Kim-Kwon wedding.

 

"Congratulations Mr & Mrs. Kim!" The reporters cried out.

 

"Let's see you kissed your new bride!" Someone shouted, from the back.

 

Again, Jaejoong pecked Yuri's cheek lightly.

 

However, the crowd wasn’t satisfied.

 

"A real kiss."

 

Jaejoong looked at Yuri with wide eyes.

 

Yuri gave him the ‘What can we do about it’ look.

 

Jaejoong took it as an okay & leaned forward.

 

Their lips locked together like magnets & the crowd cheered wildly.

 

Yuri's heart stopped beating & her lungs stopped expanding as her body involuntarily replied to Jaejoong's sign of affection by parting her pink lips.

 

The sweetness of Jaejoong's lips lingered on hers & the scent of his cologne filled her nose.

 

They were both lost in a world of their own as the magic of the kiss ignited their innermost desires.

 

After what seemed like an hour but was actually three seconds, they pulled apart.

 

"Throw the bouquet!" The girls demanded eagerly.

 

Yuri turned around & tossed the blue & white flowers into the air. When she turned back around, she found her sister & friends among the other girls fighting viciously over the bouquet.

 

"Yay! I'm going to be the next bride!" Shouted Taeyeon, & victoriously held up the bouquet.

 

"Unnie, why didn't you throw it to me?" Seohyun pouted.

 

"I didn't know where it was going; I guess you are just not as lucky as Taeyeon." Yuri replied, before she smiled for another picture in front of the reporters.

 

"Let's play another game." Yoona suggested, as the guests were given some dessert at the wedding reception later that day.

 

"No more!" Yuri wailed.

 

She was totally exhausted by the day's events.

 

On top of the non-stop picture taking, the couple also had to take part in a number of games organized by their friends during dinner.

 

"Fine, fine, last one. Okay, we are going to blindfold the bride & line up the guys. She has to go down the line & find the groom. However, they aren’t allowed to talk. The bride can only use touch & smell to identify him." Hyoyeon said cheekily.

 

"What?! Blindfold?! That's not fair!" Yuri cried.

 

"It's the last game; of course it's going to be more challenging." Jessica grinned.

 

She led the blindfold Yuri to the stage & left her standing there to find her husband.

 

Yuri blindly walked down the row & stopped in front of the first guy.

 

She reached her hand out & found his shoulder.

 

"Too tall!" She announced, & moved onto the next person.

 

When she got to the second person in line, her hand found his chin.

 

"Sungmin! Did you forget to shave?!" She scolded her brother.

 

All the guests laughed at her familiarity with her younger brother.

 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong's heart pounded loudly.

 

‘It would be a total embarrassment if she walked right past me.’ Thought Jaejoong.

 

Yuri finally stood in front of Jaejoong as he in his breath.

 

She leaned closer & was about to put her hand out to touch him when Jaejoong's cologne drifted to her nose again.

 

The memory of their first real kiss outside the church filled her mind.

 

"Jaejoong Oppa!" She said loudly.

 

The guests cheered & Jaejoong helped Yuri untie the blindfold.

 

"How did you know it was him without even touching him?" Hyukjae questioned.

 

"Their hearts were calling out to each other." Taeyeon answered, for Yuri.

 

Jaejoong looked at Yuri & his heart fluttered when their eyes locked.

 

Unfortunately for them, this didn’t go unnoticed.

 

"Wow, look at the sparks flying between those love birds!" Shihoo shouted.

 

The crowd persuaded the couple to kiss again.

 

Before Yuri & Jaejoong could protests, their siblings pushed them towards each other.

 

Yuri lost her balance & fell backwards.

 

Jaejoong swiftly reached out & caught her before her body could touch the ground.

 

The guests whistled & applauded loudly.

 

Yuri gave herself a mental smack on the forehead for being so clumsy.


After putting her back on her feet, Jaejoong leaned over & whispered, "It will be over in five seconds." Before capturing her lips with his.