Learning To Love

Learning To Love

Chapter 16

 

Jaejoong opened his eyes & found that the spot beside him on the bed was empty.

 

"Sweetie, are you up already?" He called out to Yuri. He heard the toilet flushing & the bathroom door opened. Yuri stepped out in her black with black lace natori zen floral chemise nightgown, rubbing her eyes which were still swollen from the previous night crying.

 

"Good morning, Jaejoong Oppa." She said, between yawned. Suddenly, her face twisted into a grimace & she painfully grabbed her abdomen.

 

"Yuri, what's the matter?" Jaejoong asked, his tone full of concern.

 

"It's nothing big; just cramps." Jaejoong sat on the bed with Yuri & her tummy.

 

"Does that feel better? Do you need me to get you some tylenol?"

 

"Don't be silly. This happens once a month; I'm used to it. I guess I'm working a bit too much & not getting enough rest lately." She concluded. He kissed her gently behind her ear & progressed down her neck.

 

"Maybe you need to relax more, darling. I don't want you to overwork yourself." Yuri gripped his leg tightly as his kisses more & more.

 

"Okay, time for work." She got up quickly before Jaejoong could further seduce her & began searching in her closet for a suit to change into.

 

"Good morning, everyone." Jaejoong said cheerfully, as he walked by his employees on his way to his office. He was in a good mood today because it was Yuri’s birthday & he had planned a surprises for Yuri that night.

 

"I hope she will like it." He murmured to himself, as a smile crept onto his face. He was awakened from his daydream a few minutes later when there was a knock at the door. Changmin stepped in & sat in front of his desk.

 

"Here are the files you asked me to look over. Will you be needing all five of them for the meeting?" He asked, while handing the documents to Jaejoong.

 

"Meeting? Oh yeah, I almost forgot." Jaejoong immediately straightened up & regained his professionalism, "How can you forget? This is the big project that we have been preparing for during the past month. We are going to sign the contract with..."

 

"I know, I will get ready for the meeting. I'm just excited about tonight." Jaejoong stared off into space again, "What's tonight?" Changmin gave him a quizzical look.

 

"It's Yuri’s birthday today & this is the first time we will be spending it together." Jaejoong said, with a dreamy smile on his face.

 

"Back to work, I know. Don't worry about me; I won't be late for the meeting." Jaejoong shooed Changmin out of his office. He concentrated & worked hard for the rest of the day.

 

At two, he stepped into the conference room to meet the CEO of Data Works Inc. The meeting was very successful & one hour later, both parties signed the contract & shook hands.

 

"I will be looking forward to working with you, Mr. Kim." The CEO smiled & walked out of the office with his assistant. June followed Jaejoong back into his office with a stack of papers in her arms.

 

"Wow, this is my first time in months to successfully make a multi-million dollar business deal. Let's celebrate; tell everyone that happy hour tonight is on me." June grinned at her boss & opened the door.

 

"Hey everyone. Mr. Kim says that to celebrate the successful multi-million dollar business deal, happy hour tonight is on him." All the employees cheered loudly & shouted thank you's to Jaejoong.

 

"Since you are not even going to show up tonight, let's celebrate now." June said, & walked towards the mini bar in Jaejoong's office.

 

"I won't?" Jaejoong asked. He was too happy about the contract to remember that today was a special day, "It's Yuri’s birthday. Don't you remember that you planned a dinner with her?" June brought two glasses of champagne over to the desk & handed one to Jaejoong.

 

"Yes, of course. Dinner, that's right." Jaejoong couldn't believe that he almost forgot about what he had planned for Yuri that night.

 

"A toast to the success of this business deal." Jaejoong raised his glass to meet June's & together, they heartily emptied their glasses.

 

"So, what are your plans for tonight?" Jaejoong asked, changing the topic to something less formal.

 

"I don't have any planned; I will probably go down to Angel Dust Bar to join the rest of them." She said, "Your not bringing a date?"

 

"No, I don't plan to look for a relationship right now. I don't want commitment yet." She shook her head, "Too much trouble."

 

*Flashback*

 

"Don't leave me, Taemin Oppa." June desperately tried to hold her boyfriend back.

 

"Which part of it's over don't you get?!" Taemin demanded, "I'm tired of you! You know I don't like commitment! Don't think you can change me! You are just another woman! There are plenty of women like you out there, waiting for me to try!" He pulled his arm out of her grip & opened the door.

 

"Look at you, June. You are getting old & ugly. Why don't you go out there & have some fun before you are too wrinkled to get any."

 

The door slammed shut & so did June's heart. From that moment on, she decided that she would never fall for another man. After Taemin, June went out with several other men, all of whom she didn’t truly love but only felt attracted to.

 

Sometimes, she would even have one night stand with them but in the morning, they would both go their separate ways, no strings attached.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

June smiled to herself as she thought about the good times she had with her numerous flings. Would Jaejoong be one of them? She shiver of excitement went down her spine as she thought about being in his strong arms, "What are you thinking about, June?" Jaejoong's voice brought her back to reality.

 

"Hmmm? Nothing. I was just thinking about the past." She replied, while toying with the faux stone link neckline that hung down to her white silk beau shirt.

 

"My, is it hot in here?" She announced, & began ing one of her shirt button, airing out her shirt. The flashes of her porcelain skin made Jaejoong dizzy so he closed his eyes & massaged his temple. When he opened his eyes, June was already refilling her champagne glass.

 

"More champagne?" She asked.

 

"No thanks. Anyway, can you please help me arrange another meeting with Data Works Inc. as soon as possible. Preferably next tuesday." He said, returning to his business demeanor.

 

"Sure, I will get right to it." June got up & left, closing the door behind her. Jaejoong glanced at his clock, four thirty-eight, he still had a few more hours until his dinner date with Yuri. He yearned to hold her in his arms & hear her sweet voice.

 

He couldn't wait any longer & picked up the phone to dial her number. After several rings, her answering machine came on.

 

"Hi, this is Kim Yuri. Please leave your message after the tone; thanks."

 

"Sweetie, I miss you. Is your tummy still hurting you? I will come up to take you out to dinner at eight. Wait for me. I love you."

 

Jaejoong smiled again, as he anticipated the evening's event. Jaejoong resumed his work & before he knew it, it was already seven-thirty. He turned off his computer & pulled his blue ralph lauren stanza coat on. He took the elevator downstairs & walked to the florist next door to pick up the dozen red roses he had ordered the day before.

 

"Sweetie, I miss you. Is your tummy still hurting you? I will come up to take you out to dinner at eight. Wait for me. I love you."

 

Yuri smiled as she heard Jaejoong's sweet voice on her answering machine, after replaying it for the fifth time that hour. She looked at her michael kors chronograph mini bradshaw blue & gold-tone stainless steel bracelet watch, eight more minutes until Jaejoong comes.

 

She decided to pack up her stuff & go to the washroom to freshen up before Jaejoong came. Just as she left her office, Jaejoong got off the elevator & peered into her room. Her computer was turned off & her black milano business briefcase was all packed up.

 

"Who gave you permission to come into my office?" A voice behind him said. Jaejoong turned around & gasped. The roses fell out of his hands & his jaw dropped down to the floor.

 

Yuri stood in front of him, in a black silk slip dress that she had just changed into, with a shopping bag containing her office clothes. Slowly, Jaejoong picked up the roses & handed them to his wife.

 

"You look absolutely gorgeous. Happy birthday, baby." He said. Yuri smiled & smelled the roses.

 

"Thank you, Oppa." She tossed the flowers onto her desk & threw her arms around Jaejoong. He was completely speechless & awestruck.

 

‘Is this beautiful angel really my wife? Am I truly the luckiest man alive? Please don't let this be a dream?’ He prayed. It wasn't a dream & he knew it because the wonderful sensation he felt on his lips was real.

 

"What's wrong?" Yuri pulled back & looked at him strangely. This was the first time that Jaejoong didn’t respond to her kisses.

 

"Nothing's wrong. Everything is perfect. I was just asking myself if I was dreaming because my life is so perfect right now." He smiled & wrapped his arms around Yuri’s waist.


Yuri looked at him lovingly, a look that made him go weak in the knee with passion & desire, before closing her eyes & surrendering her pale pink lips to his.