Learning To Love

Learning To Love

Chapter 22

 

After letting go of the hug, he glanced at Yuri, worried that she would be upset but she was too busy greeting the other guests.

 

"It's been a long time." He finally managed to say.

 

"Jaejoong Oppa, I met Yuri; she's such a nice girl." Amber couldn't contain herself & grasped Jaejoong's hand again. At the mention of her name, Yuri walked over to the two & slid her arm between Jaejoong's.

 

"Remember how I always wanted a sister?! Well now, I will have two!" Amber chirped happily.

 

"You mean three." Hyoyeon interrupted from behind, along with Seohyun. Jaejoong was horrified & confused at their statement. He looked worriedly at his wife, only to see that she had a huge grin on her face. Yuri slipped away from his grasps & joined the lively girls in a big group hug.

 

"From now on, we will be one big happy family." Jaejoong could hear Yuri's excited voice over the chatter. Now he was more confused than ever. Sisters? Big family? Amber & Yuri? He felt himself getting dizzy & settled down onto the couch before he collapse.

 

"Okay, did I miss something here? What are you girls talking about?" Jaejoong couldn't stand it anymore. How did Amber know Yuri & how were they going to be one big happy family?

 

"You didn't tell him yet?" Amber turned to Yuri.

 

"No; I thought you had tell him the good news." Yuri replied, & looked expectantly at Amber.

 

"Huh? What good news?" Jaejoong's head was swimming with strange thoughts. Amber took in a deep breath before starting, "I’m." But she stopped in mid-sentences & giggled once again, & grabbed onto Yuri's hand tightly.

 

"You are what?" Jaejoong was getting impatient. What was going on? Suddenly, a charming young man came up from behind Amber & wrapped his arms around her slim waist.

 

"Honey, you are going to break my sister's hand." He chuckled lightly & kissed her temple.

 

"Jaejoong, Amber & I are engaged to be married next spring." Sungmin finally announced. When the word engage was brought up, the girls couldn't help but burst into another round of giggles & squeals.

 

The fog around Jaejoong's thick head finally lifted & he joined them in the excitement.

 

"So, when did this all happen?" He asked curiously, as they all settled down to eat.

 

"Well, after I left for England to continue my studies, I met Sungmin Oppa & we totally clicked. We have been going out for ages now &...well, last month, he finally popped the big question." Amber flashed her mega-watt smile & leaned over to kiss Sungmin's cheek.

 

Jaejoong let out a sigh of relief. Now that he was happily married to Yuri, he was even more glad to know that Amber had found a good husband to take care of her. His mind jumped back to that day ten years ago.

 

*Flashback*

 

"Don't wait for me, Jaejoong Oppa. Start a new life. I know I will." Amber hugged Jaejoong for the last time & reluctantly let go of him.

 

"Take care of yourself & remember that no matter what happens, I will always be here for you." Jaejoong said meaningfully, "As a friend." He added.

 

"Bye." He waved at her disappearing figure & let his hand drop down to his side. After his one & only girlfriend left for England, he took her advice & started a new life. A life without meaning, without purposes, without women, without love, until...

 

*End of Flashback*

 

"Darling, what are you thinking about?" Yuri's sweet voice brought Jaejoong back to reality. He looked into her shining eyes & couldn't resist stealing a kiss from her.

 

"About you & how lucky I’m to have this beautiful, talented, stunning woman as my wife." His sweet words earned him another kiss from Yuri. Jaejoong didn't want the kiss to end but his friends were waiting impatiently for him to cut the birthday cake & blow out the candles.

 

"Make a wish!" They shouted eagerly. He closed his eyes for a brief second & opened them again, after making his wish. Leaning over, he blew out all the candles in one breath & beamed at his friends.

 

"So, what did you wish for?" Amber asked excitedly, "I have a bunch of great friends & a lovely wife; what more can I ask for?" Yuri blushed & hit him playfully then hid her scarlet face in his royal blue gingham checker dress shirt.

 

The guests laughed cheekily at the couple.

 

"Okay, Yuri, time for your big wet one." The guys wouldn’t let her off so easily. Now, not only were her cheeks burning, she felt her entire body turning red, from the top of her head to the tip of her toes.

 

"Come on, baby. Just like at our wedding remember?" Jaejoong turned her around to face him & held her gently in his arms. She looked up at him shyly & closed her eyes. His warm lips touched hers & the room erupted in whistles & cheers.

 

"Rated PG-13; not suitable for young children." Hyoyeon shooed everyone out to the patio while Jaejoong & Yuri continued their intimate actions.

 

"That means you, Shihoo Oppa." Hyoyeon pointed an accusing thin, delicate finger at him.

 

"Me? Underage? Geez, I wonder who's Jaejoong's little sister here?" He immaturely stuck his tongue out at her before running out of the room.

 

"I will let you two be alone, Oppa." Hyoyeon picked up the cake & slipped outside to join the guests.

 

"Oppa." Yuri broke away from the kiss, much to Jaejoong's dismay.

 

"What is it, my dearest?" He looked at her lovingly & was tempted to kiss her again.

 

"I think I need some fresh air." She giggled & took a huge gulp of air.

 

"Silly girl." Jaejoong held onto her hand & brought her outside.

 

"Hey. Save some cake for us, you pigs."

 

"I thought your hunger was already fulfilled?" Hyukjae asked cheekily, & received a nice jab in the stomach from Hyoyeon.

 

"Ow, Hyoyeon, that really hurts." Hyukjae pretended to be in pain. Hyoyeon went paled & immediately apologized to him.

 

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry." The worry & regret in her voice was clearly noticed by everyone around them. Hyukjae smiled secretly.

 

‘Yes! She cares about me!’ His brain triumphantly shouted.

 

"I know what would make Hyukjae feel better." Hyoyeon looked up to meet Shihoo’s & Jaejoong’s sly smiles. They made kissing motions with their lips & winked at Hyoyeon. Hyukjae, as if on cue, groaned loudly from his crouched over position. Hyoyeon looked helplessly at Yuri.

 

‘This is your chance.’ Yuri mouthed silently to her. Hyoyeon pecked on Hyukjae's cheek lightly but it didn't seem to do him any good.

 

"I think I need to go inside." He shakily got out of his chair & wobbled inside.

 

"Hyoyeon, what have you done to my friend?" Jaejoong glared at her sternly. She quickly ran after Hyukjae, her heart aching & threatening to shatter into pieces if he wasn't okay. She closed the door & heard some groaning coming from the living room.

 

"Oppa? I didn't mean to..." She gasped loudly as Hyukjae sprung up from nowhere & pinned her to the wall, "Don't worry; I'm fine." He flashed his heart-melting smile & leaned closer to her.

 

"I really like you, Hyoyeon. Will you give me a chance?" She saw pure sincerity in his rich brown like dark brown almond-shaped eyes & was absolutely touched. Seeing the cute smile on her heart-shaped face, Hyukjae took that as a yes & loudly shouted, "Yay! She's finally mine!" An entire stream of people pushed into the living room to see what the commotion was all about.

 

"Oppa. You don't have to be so loud." Now, it was Hyoyeon's turn to turn bright pink.

 

"She broke your rib & you just had to steal her heart, didn't you?!" Jaejoong scolded him.

 

"Hey, I'm just learning from you, Jaejoong." Hyukjae laughed & put his arm around Hyoyeon protectively, "Oppa, do you realize that you are still in your business suit?" Yuri wrinkled her nose & stuck her tongue out, "Please go take a shower before even thinking about getting into this bed." She shook her finger at him. Jaejoong obediently listened to his wife & went into the bathroom.

 

"Good. I have exactly thirty minutes to get ready." Yuri quickly changed into a french vanilla le tresor silk short nightgown & tied her hair into a quick, sporty bun. Next, she tore the bed sheets off the bed & dumped them into the laundry hamper.

 

She replaced them with silk ones then sprinkled rose petals onto the bed. After lighting a few candles on the dresser, she flicked off the lights & put a cd into the stereo system.

 

"One more thing." She pulled on her french vanilla le tresor silk wrap robe & went downstairs. When she returned with the bottle of champagne & two wine glasses, Jaejoong was already standing outside the bathroom door with his mouth gaping open.

 

She put down the glasses & tugged the elastic out of her hair. The clink of the glasses caught his attention & he turned towards the sound. His eyes nearly popped out when he saw Yuri's hair angelically settling around her shoulders & her hand reaching to open her robe.

 

The fabric sleekly slid off her body, to reveal her legs. The sheer thin material of her nightgown hung loosely on her body.


"Happy birthday, Oppa." In less than a second, their lips were glued together in a fierce kiss. Somehow, they made their way onto the bed & the rest of the universe ceased to exist for them.