Learning To Love

Learning To Love

Chapter 20

 

Yuri closed the last file & placed it in the top drawer of her desk. After turning her computer off for the day, she took out her 'To do' list & picked up the phone.

 

Jaejoong's birthday party was coming up very soon & there were still many things to be done. Yuri made several phone calls & slowly checked off all the task she had completed.

 

She stretched her arms out & plopped onto her chair, yawning & missing her warm bed. A knock on the door brought her back to reality & she quickly straightened up, resuming her business like posture.

 

"Come in." She said, while piling some papers on her desk. The door opened & a handsomely attired young man stepped in.

 

"You wanted to see me?" He sat down in front of her & looked at her expectantly.

 

"Yes. About Jaejoong's party, can you go pick up some groceries for me that morning? I have to stay home & get everything else ready."

 

"Me? Why would you ask a guy to go grocery shopping?" He asked bewilderedly.

 

"Don't worry, Hyoyeon's coming with you." Yuri stopped when she noticed the slight blush in his cheeks at the mention of Hyoyeon's name.

 

"So, Hyukjae Oppa." She eyed him slyly, "You don't have a problem going out with Hyoyeon, right?" She raised her eyebrows & snickered silently.

 

"Wh...What do you m...m...mean by g...going out?" The embarrassed Hyukjae stuttered.

 

"I mean, going grocery shopping with her for me." Yuri's face turned serious again, & Hyukjae wanted to dig a hole to hide in for thinking that Yuri meant more than she said.

 

"Sure, no problem." He sighed & stared at Yuri's ceiling. An image of Hyoyeon appeared in his head. Her carefree smile, sweet voice & playful personality. How Hyukjae wished he could have the courage to tell her that he had liked her since they first met.

 

"Hello? Earth to Oppa?" Yuri snapped her fingers in his soft, round face & woke him up from his trance, "Huh? What? So, what time should I pick her up from her house?"

 

"Meet at our house at noon & we will go from there." Yuri shook her head at Hyukjae's silliness.

 

‘I wonder if I can ever drive Jaejoong Oppa this crazy?’ She silently asked herself.

 

"three, my house. It's a date." She said firmly to him.

 

"What?! What date?!" Hyukjae screamed frantically. Yuri giggled & shook her head again.

 

"Time to come clean. What's with you & Hyoyeon?"

 

"Nothing." Hyukjae pretended to study the designed on the carpet.

 

"Don't lie or I will get Jaejoong to beat you up." She threatened. What a joke; she knew Jaejoong would never hurt his friends, not that he isn't strong enough. Oh boy, is he strong but he's been buddies with them for so long & nothing can break that special bond.

 

"Okay, fine. I...I...I really want to ask her out but I don't know what to say & I have no idea how she feels about me." He finally blurted out in one breath.

Yuri grinned, "I thought something was up. I could totally see it coming. Isn't this a good opportunity for you to make a move?"

 

"Yeah, but I hope I don't embarrass myself in front of her or she will think I'm an idiot!" Hyukjae was becoming more nervous by the second.

 

Hyoyeon opened the door after knocking & peeked in. Her heart skipped a beat or two when she locked eyes with Hyukjae & she quickly said, "I will come back later when you are not busy." Yuri called her back, & winked at Hyukjae.

 

"No, wait, I need to talk to you." She pulled Hyoyeon to sit down next to Hyukjae as she got back behind her desk.

 

"Tomorrow, I need both of you to go pick up some food before the party starts. Here's the shopping list & remember to give me all the receipts after." She handed them a piece of paper & smiled delightedly when they both eagerly reached out for it & touched hands.

 

The awkward moment ended when Jaejoong came into the office & the two scrambled out of the room before he could ask them about their red faces. Shutting & locking the door behind him, Jaejoong walked over to Yuri & began massaging her aching shoulders.

 

The relief & pleasure surging through her tired body prompted soft moans to escape her glossy peachy color lips. After a few minutes, Jaejoong couldn’t hold back any longer & bent down to kiss her.

 

As the tantalizing kiss progressed, he slowly picked her up & carried her to the couch where she pulled him down with her & combed her fingers through his hair. A new desire stirred up in Yuri, surprising, shocking, pleasing & amazing to her.

 

She suddenly remembered that they were still in her office but Jaejoong had already gone ahead & undid the first button on her blue long-sleeve embellished oxford button shirt. She giggled & enjoyed the sensation of his lips on her collarbone, relishing the moment before gently pushing him away & getting up.

 

"Oppa, you naughty boy!" She scolded, while straightening her clothes.

 

"At least wait until we get home." She grinned at him & gasped when he enveloped her in his arms all of a sudden.

 

"You are too irresistible; it's killing me." He whispered into her ear. His husky voice sent delicious chills down her spine. His hands continued to slide down her back, slowly making their way to her bottom.

 

Just when Jaejoong thought he could finally have Yuri exactly where he wanted, she tore out of his grasps & ran out the door.

 

"You can never run away from me, Yuri! I will get you tonight!" Jaejoong called out, as he rushed after her. He finally trapped her in the elevator. Yuri groaned inwardly. How is he going to punish her for running away from him?

 

"Yuri, Yuri, Yuri. You are all mine now." He cornered her & opened his arms, preventing her from sliding to the other side of the elevator. He leaned closer & closer to her face.

 

Yuri closed her eyes & prepared to be smothered by his kisses. She waited five seconds but nothing happened. Slowly & cautiously, she opened her eyes. Jaejoong was staring at her intensely, memorizing every small detail of her face.

 

She stared back at him & noticed for the first time, how lusciously kissable his lips looked. Tearing her gaze away from his tempting lips, she looked into his eyes but the way he adoringly looked at her caused her stomach to flutter with excitement.

 

"Oppa." She purred sensually.

 

"What is it, my dearest?" He peered deeply into her eyes.

 

"Kiss me." The words came out soft but demanding, gentle but urgent. She took a step towards him & wrapped her arms around his waist.


Tilting her head upward, she waited impatiently for his touch. When their lips were only an inch apart, the lights went out, the elevator stopped & darkness enveloped the two passionate lovers.