Learning To Love

Learning To Love

Chapter 3

 

As the days went by, the two families were busy preparing for the big wedding that was to be held soon. The invitations were sent out & they held an engagement party at the Kim’s mansion.

 

All of Mr. Kim & Mr. Kwon’s clients, business partners & old friends were invited. Yuri & Jaejoong also invited their friends from high school & university.

 

That night, Yuri wore a black dj jaz ba halter ruffle front dress & put her hair up into an elegant bun. Everyone gasped as she angelically descended down the stairs to greet her friends & acquaintances.

 

"Whoa, that's your fiancee, Jaejoong? She's so hot. Man, you are lucky." Hyukjae winked slyly & nudged Jaejoong in the rib.

 

"Damn, you are one lucky guy, Jaejoong." Shihoo piped in.

 

"Will you two please stop checking out my fiancee?!" Jaejoong hissed, before Yuri & her friends heard.

 

Inside, he was secretly proud of what a beautiful & talented fiancee he had, though he was too shy to let her know how he felt. As his friends continued to check out the other young females at the party, Jaejoong couldn’t take his hazel brown, almond-shaped eyes off of Yuri.

 

He was absolutely mesmerized by her graceful movements, the way she laughed & joked with her friends. This was totally a different side of Yuri that he hadn’t seen before. He suddenly had the urge to walk over to her & kiss her exposed bare shoulder & wrap his arms around her slim waist.

 

’Ah, what am I thinking?! Yuri & I are still developing our relationship! I shouldn't be drifting off to inappropriate thoughts about her!’ Jaejoong scolded himself.

 

"Hey, Jaejoong. Who's that really cute girl over there?" Shihoo interrupted Jaejoong’s thoughts.

 

"Oh, I think that's my sister's friend or is that Yuri’s sister? Hmmm, I can't remember." Jaejoong didn't pay much attention to any of the girls except for Yuri.

 

"Can you introduce us? Come on, man." Shihoo pleaded.

 

"But I don't even know her name!" Jaejoong wailed, as he got dragged over to the corner where Yuri & the girls were.

 

A hushed silence fell over the girls as Jaejoong & Shihoo joined the circle.

 

"Everyone, this is my fiance, Kim Jaejoong. Jaejoong Oppa, these are my friends, Jessica Jung, Yoona Im & Kim Taeyeon." Yuri introduced each of her friends.

 

Jaejoong nodded politely while Shihoo frantically tried to memorize their names.

 

"Yuri, this is my buddy, Kim Shihoo. Shi, this is Kwon Yuri." Shihoo flirted with the girls & exchanged phone numbers as Jaejoong pulled Yuri out to the dance floor.

 

"May I have this dance?" Jaejoong asked in his most sincere, gentleman manner.

 

"Why, of course." Yuri elegantly took Jaejoong’s outstretched hand. As soon as Jaejoong put his other hand on her waist, Yuri felt a tingle through her spine.

 

No one had touched her there before, not even her old boyfriends who always got pushed away for being naughty.

 

Jaejoong noticed her goosebumps & offered to get her silver organza fringeless crystal shawl for her upstairs.

 

"I think I put it on your bed when I arrived. Here, why don't I just come upstairs with you?" Yuri suggested, "Since I'm not going to dance by myself." Yuri followed Jaejoong upstairs & into his room.

 

"Oh, there it is." Jaejoong said, when he spotted Yuri’s shawl on his bed. He reached over to retrieve it when he slipped on a black city henley shirt that had missed the laundry hamper & fell flat on his .

 

"Ouch." He whimpered, lying on the ground.

 

"Are you okay?" Yuri asked worriedly, & tried to pull him up but she tripped over her long dress & fell on top of Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong winced as Yuri landed on him. He was about to laugh at Yuri until he noticed the painful expression on her face.

 

"I think I sprained my ankle or something; it really hurts." Yuri said softly, trying to hold back the cry that was about to escape .

 

"It's okay. I will get you some ice." Jaejoong rolled them over until he was on top then slowly got up & picked up Yuri & placed her on his bed.

 

"I will be right back." He promised. When he returned with the ice, Yuri was sitting on the corner of his bed, waiting for him patiently.

 

Jaejoong gently massaged Yuri’s ankle & put the ice on it. Half an hour later, the two went downstairs together & joined the guests for dinner. After dinner, all the youngsters went out to the patio to sip some champagne & chatted.

 

One by one, the guests left until Jaejoong realized that it was past midnight & that Yuri had fallen asleep on the lawn chair.

 

Her family had left earlier & trusted Jaejoong to take her home. Yuri seemed to be sleeping so peacefully that Jaejoong didn't have the heart to wake her up.

 

"Sooyoung." He called to the maid, "Prepare a guest room for Yuri."

 

"I'm sorry young master Kim but all of the guest rooms are occupied by your friends & miss Hyoyeon’s friends." "I guess she will be sleeping in my room then." Jaejoong said to himself. He picked Yuri off the chair & carried her to his room.

 

"Hyoyeon, come in here." He called. Hyoyeon poked her head into Jaejoong’s room & her big, brown, almond-shaped eyes immediately widened when she saw Yuri lying on his bed.

 

"Get a pair of your pajamas & change Yuri out of her clothes!" He commanded, before Hyoyeon could ask or say anything. Jaejoong then called Yuri’s house from the hallway phone.

 

"Hi, Sungmin? Just want to let you know that your sister is staying over at my place tonight. I will take her home in the morning." Jaejoong said.

 

The door swung open & Hyoyeon stepped out quietly. She gave Jaejoong a mischief look before disappearing into her own bedroom down the hall. After showering, Jaejoong put on his blue ralph lauren polo player pajama pants & enzyme crewneck t-shirt. He pulled out a dusty sleeping bag from the top of his closet & camped out on his bedroom floor.

 

Jaejoong felt something warm & soft on his body. He opened his eyes & found Yuri lying on his chest, sleeping peacefully.

 

He was about to close his eyes when he noticed that there was nothing between him & Yuri. They were both lying in the sleeping bag.

 

’Oh, no.’ A thought flashed through Jaejoong’s head, ‘What happened? Why are we ? We didn't even get married yet. Did we do anything?’ A wave of panic rushed through Jaejoong. Suddenly, he felt Yuri stirring, "Oppa." She purred softly, lifting her head up to look at him.

 

"No, Yuri, don't. Just...uh, lie back down." Jaejoong said quickly, before Yuri could lift herself up, exposing her body to him.

 

She obediently lay back down & rested her head on his chest. The slight brush of her soft pale pink plump lips against his sent shivers down his spine.

 

Jaejoong woke up abruptly.

 

‘What a strange dream.’ He thought.

 

‘I’m not sleeping in the same room with her again.’ He decided, ‘Not until we are married.’

 

He quickly climbed out of the sleeping bag & rushed into the bathroom to wash up & change. After stuffing the sleeping bag back into his closet, he went downstairs for breakfast.

 

Yuri opened her eyes & blinked a few times. When she sat up, the first thing she noticed was her dress & black wacoal red carpet full figure strapless bra sitting in a pile on a chair. Next, she realized that she was in Jaejoong’s room on Jaejoong’s bed.

 

"Oh my gosh. What happened to me last night?" Yuri frantically racked her brain to remember the previous night's event. Suddenly, the door opened & Hyoyeon came in.

 

"You finally woke up. I brought you some of my clothes to change into. Did you sleep well last night?" Hyoyeon put the clothes on a chair & handed Yuri her bra. Yuri took it & ran her long fingers through her hair.

 

"Why am I sleeping here?" She asked.

 

"You fell asleep on the patio last night & your family left without you. Mine & Oppa’s friends took up all the guest rooms so Oppa let you sleep here. It was me who changed your clothes last night so don't worry." She added, "Oppa didn't see anything or at least I don't think he did. I don't know what he did after I left though. Or maybe he couldn't wait until the wedding night." Hyoyeon giggled.


"Thanks; I'm going to wash up & get changed now." Yuri got out of Jaejoong’s bed & headed to the bathroom.