36 Thank You

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Thirty-Six

~Thank You~

Luhan opened the door for Yoomi. She got in, letting Luhan close the door. He ran to the other side and quickly got in. He looked at Yoomi. Her eyes were on her hands. She didn’t have a pout or smile on her face. She was just...stoic. It scared him. She acted like that when they first met. He didn’t want her to act like that again. He carefully and slowly reached his hand out to her. He gently place his hand on her arm. She jumped from his touch and looked up. Luhan was staring at her with soft and gentle eyes, that told her that he would always protect her.

 

He smiled reassuringly to her, causing her to smile back. He rubbed his thumb on her arm before putting both of his hands on the wheel and driving home.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Yoomi stood outside on her balcony again. She rubbed her arms and looked up at the night sky. She closed her eyes, but Jaehwa’s face flashed before her eyes. She shot her eyes open and gasped. She stumbled backwards, and hit something hard, yet soft. She quickly turned around. Luhan was standing in front of her. He was wearing a sweater and sweatpants. His hair was a bit wet from the shower that he had just taken.

 

    “L-Luhan,” she said softly.

 

    Luhan smiled and stepped forward. He swung his arms around her. Yoomi’s eyes widened as her cheek landed on his chest. He buried his face into her hair.

 

    “Yoomi ah,” he said quietly.

 

    “Mm?”

 

    “I’m always here for you, so don’t be sad on your own. Don’t be scared on your own. Always come to me.”

 

    Yoomi could feel her eyes build up with tears.

 

    “Luhan,” she breathed out.

 

    Luhan took in a deep breath and held her tighter.

 

    “I love you,” he said before kissing to top of her head.

 

    “Luhan,” she cried into his chest.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Luhan brought Yoomi to her bed. He sat her down and left her room for a few seconds. He came back in with a first aid kit. Yoomi watched him take out a few ointments. He gently grabbed her hand and pulled up her sleeves, exposing the bruises that Jaehwa made. Anger began to rise in Luhan, but he kept calm. He opened one of the ointments and put some on a q-tip before lightly dabbing it on her arms.

 

    Yoomi watched her loving husband-to-be care for her wounds. Warmth went through her entire body, as she forgot about the incident that happened earlier that day. As he was tending to her wounds, she noticed something. Luhan’s knuckles were bleeding.  Yoomi’s eyes widened in alarm.

 

    He must’ve gotten that at the restaurant.

 

    Yoomi slightly pouted. She held onto Luhan’s hand, making him look up at her. She kept her gaze on his hand. When Luhan looked up, he realized how close they were sitting together. He was going to move away, but stopped when he saw her expression. Although she was worried, he felt happy. The person that he loved so much was caring for him.

 

    “You’re hurt,” her soft voice spoke.

 

    “Mm,” Luhan swallowed hard as his eyes traveled to her lips.

 

    Yoomi sighed, oblivious to the Luhan who was staring intently at her. She went through the first aid kit and found some new clean q-tips.

 

    “Don’t get hurt because of me,” Yoomi said worried.

 

    Luhan smiled. His eyes never left her’s as she cleaned his wounds. Yoomi’s eyes were always on his hands.

 

    “I can’t help it,” he whispered as he began leaning in towards her.

 

    Yoomi let out a little laugh.

 

    “Thank y-”

 

    Yoomi stopped in the middle of her sentence when she realized Luhan was closing in on her. Her eyes slightly widened as she looked up. He was so close that she could only see his eyes. His eyes that were staring at her in a way that she couldn’t explain. Yoomi could feel his breath on her skin. Goosebumps scattered everywhere on her arms and legs. Luhan kept on getting closer and closer.

   

    “I love you, Yoomi.”

 

    Those were that last words that he said before placing his lips on hers.

 

    Yoomi slightly gasped when she felt his soft lips come into contact with her’s. She didn’t know what to do.

 

    Yoomi began closing her eyes as she felt Luhan open his mouth to kiss her again. He brought his hand that she was cleaning up to her arms and held her gently yet firmly. The both of their hearts raced. Luhan turned his head to the side, deepening the kiss. Yoomi began to relax as Luhan caressed her skin. Luhan smiled through the kiss, causing Yoomi to do the same.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Yoomi woke up to someone brushing her hair out of her face. Her eyes twitched as she slowly opened them. Sleeping beside her was Luhan. Her eyes widened as the memories of last night flashed before her eyes.

 

    Right after they kissed, Luhan put the first aid box away and tucked Yoomi into bed. Then, he got in right beside her, without asking for her permission. The kiss was enough permission. Yoomi snuggled in closer to him. He wrapped his arms protectively around her and kissed her forehead before the both of them fell asleep.

 

    Luhan was staring at her with loving eyes. Yoomi smiled and brought her hand up to his cheek. She his cheek with his thumb before looking him in the eyes.

 

    “Good morning, Han,” she said.

 

    Luhan smiled when she said his first name.

 

    “Good morning, Yoomi.”

 

    “Did you sleep well?” she asked.

 

    She felt so happy inside. It was like they were already married.

 

    Luhan nodded.

 

    “It was the best night of my life,” he said, causing Yoomi to blush.

 

    Yoomi looked down and tried to pull her hand back, but Luhan held onto her hand before she could. He placed her hand on his cheek, then held it out in front of him. He kissed her hand, making the blush on Yoomi’s cheeks darken.

 

    “T-Thank you,” she said shyly.

 

    Luhan’s eyebrows widened in amusement.

 

    “For what?” he asked.

 

    “For being here for me,” she said. She thought back to the time when they had their first kiss at the dress shoppe, “And for taking my first kiss that day.”

 

    She was happy that Jaehwa could never try and take what was already taken.

 

    Luhan’s eyes widened as he held his breath.

 

    “Y-Yoomi ah,” he said.

 

    Yoomi looked at him with her big eyes.

 

    “Mm?” she hummed.

 

    “T-That wasn’t the first time that I’ve kissed you,” he admitted.

 

    Yoomi looked at him confused.

 

    “What are you talking about?” she asked.

 

    Luhan sighed and looked down at the blanket that covered the both of their bodies.

 

    “W-well i-it was more like you kissed me. But, it was my fault also!” Luhan sat up and ruffled his hair. “It was at the park,” he sighed.

 

    He was afraid that Yoomi would get angry at him. He pouted.

 

    “I didn’t mean too. Y-You just fainted, and I-”

 

    Yoomi hugged him, cutting him off. His eyes widened as he looked down to his side. Yoomi let out a giggle.

 

    “So that’s how it went,” she said, talking about her first kiss.

 

    “Huh?” Luhan asked purely confused.

 

    “Still, thank you.”

 

    Luhan loosened up and smiled.

 

    “Thank you,” he said.

 

    GASP.

 

    Yoomi and Luhan looked up at the door. Chanyeol was standing there with the door wide open, as wide as his eyes.

 

    Yoomi and Luhan’s eyes doubled in size.

 

    Chanyeol composed himself and cleared his throat.

 

    “I saw nothing,” he smirked before dashing out of the room.

 

End of Chapter Thirty-Six



Author's Note:

I'm sorry for not updating yesterday. I was busy with Thankgiving preparations.

I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving! ^^

I know I had an awkward one...BUT, it was still fun. :)

I hope you liked this chapter. :)

Anyone do any Black Friday shopping?