23 Hurt

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Twenty-Three

~Hurt~

 

Yoomi was rushed into the emergency room. Suho reached the hospital moments later. He ran to the ER and waited outside the doors. He paced back and forth as he held his hands together.

 

Please be okay Yoomi, for Luhan, Suho pleaded.

 

"Suho!" Luhan yelled.

 

Suho looked up and saw Luhan running towards him. Luhan was breathing heavy.

 

"W-What happened?" Luhan asked.

 

"It was him," Suho said.

 

Luhan’s eyes widened.

 

"Is she okay?! WHAT DID HE DO TO HER?!" Luhan yelled furious.

 

He ran towards the ER doors. Suho held him back.

 

"No! Stop it! The doctors will take care of her!" Suho yelled.

 

"YOOMI!" Luhan yelled at the top of his lungs. "YOOMI!" he cried.

 

His tears flowed down non-stop. His heart felt like it was being torn apart, slowly and painfully.

 

He had never felt so much pain in his life. Losing a loved one was not easy. Especially when Luhan had gone through it once, with both of his parents. He would do anything to be in Yoomi's shoes. He would give his life to save hers. She was precious to him, so precious that it was almost unbelievable.

 

Yoomi was hurt, but she was not even close to death. Luhan's brain told him that Yoomi was near death. Everytime he heard that someone was hurt, he would think that they were dying. This strange happening was due to his parent's death. Their death that left a big impact on him. Their death that made Luhan scared to lose a loved one, more than anyone.

 

"YOOMI!!!!" he cried. "YOOMI, PLEASE!" Luhan begged.

 

Soon tears began to flow down Suho’s cheeks as well. He was hugging Luhan close and tight to him. Suho didn’t want anything to happen to Yoomi either. Even though Yoomi had just moved in with them not too long ago, she had a big impact on everyone’s lives, especially Luhan’s. Maybe it wasn’t "love at first sight" for Yoomi, but it was for Luhan.

 

Luhan’s heart longed to see Yoomi. He kneeled onto the ground and held Suho’s arm close to him as he cried.

 

"It’s all my fault," Luhan cried. "I’m so sorry."

 

Suho shook his head.

 

"It’s my fault, if only I was faster," Suho said.

   

 

 

Luhan shook his head and cried into Suho’s shoulder.

 

Suho managed to calm Luhan down. They were both sitting on the chairs outside the ER. Luhan was staring into space lifelessly. Scenes of Yoomi flashed before his eyes, scenes of him being mean to her, and scenes of her precious smile and laugh. Suho picked up his phone and text the others. Soon, everyone arrived, including Jinah and Jung-Woo. Jung-Woo ran up to Luhan and held Luhan’s hands.

 

"Lulu samchun, Noona will be okay. I know it," Jung-Woo said.

 

Luhan looked at the little boy and forced a smile and nodded.

   

 

 

"Mm."

 

Xiumin sighed and walked to Luhan’s side. He set his hand on Luhan’s shoulder.

 

"Don’t worry," Xiumin said. "She’ll be fine."

 

Luhan looked up at his hyung with tears in his eyes. They began falling one by one. Everyone looked at Luhan with tears in their eyes. They were all worried for Yoomi and Luhan. Yoomi because she was hurt and Luhan because he would probably go crazy if anything happened to Yoomi. Suddenly the doors to the ER opened. Luhan immediately stood up and ran towards the doctor that was walking out.

 

"Is she okay?" Luhan asked frantically.

 

 

   

The doctor nodded and smiled.

 

"She is fine. The blow the the stomach was pretty bad, but it didn’t do much damage. The injuries were pretty minor so you don’t have to worry. She had a slight concussion. That’s what caused her to faint. She should be fine now, but she should stay resting for a few days. She seems to have been in shock. We will transfer into the normal wards," the doctor said.

Everyone sighed in relief. The doctor was about to walk away, but Luhan stopped him.

 

"She will be brought home," Luhan said. "Please send nurses to set up the medical equipment."

 

The doctor nodded understanding.

 

"Of course, Mr. Lu."

 

 

   

It wasn’t a surprise that the doctor knew who Luhan was. It would be a surprise if you found someone in Korea who didn’t know the Luhan.

 

Yoomi was rolled out of the ER. Luhan quickly ran to her side and looked at her injured face. Her head was wrapped and her eyes were closed. It looked as if she were sleeping peacefully. Luhan forced a smile and rubbed her cheek with his thumb.

 

"I’m glad you’re okay."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoomi was brought home. She was placed in her bedroom with medical instruments set up around her. When the nurses finished, they left. Luhan pulled up a chair to the left side of her bedside and held her hand. The others decided to give Luhan some alone time with her. They left to their own room’s while Xiumin, Jinah, and Jung-Woo went home.

 

"I’m so sorry," Luhan whispered. "This is all my fault."

 

He looked at Yoomi and smiled.

 

"Yoomi, I promise, I will treat you better. I won’t try because I will. All those words that I said were true. I really do love you. Please, accept my feelings for you. I don’t pity you, I truly love you with all my heart. I was so scared when I heard you were hurt. Please, you have to believe me. I love you," Luhan pleaded as tears streamed down his cheeks.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoomi slowly opened her eyes. She looked at the white ceiling above her.

 

I guess I’m not dead.

 

She heard medical instruments quietly beeping. She felt someone holding her hand. She looked down and saw a sleeping Luhan. He was sitting on a chair while his head rested on the bed. The sunlight perfectly reflected off of his face, making it glow. He looked like an angel. Suddenly, Yoomi smiled. She carefully sat up, pulling her hand out of his grasp. She thought about the dream she had. The words that he said to her sounded so sincere. But, she knew that it wasn’t a dream. He really was saying those words to her. They say that even though the person in unconscious, they could still hear what is going on around them, it was true.

 

Yoomi quietly sighed, not wanting to wake up Luhan. She looked around at her surroundings. She wasn’t in a hospital for sure, she was in her room. She looked at the iv going in her arm. Images of what happened the day before flashed before her eyes.

 

I wonder who it was.

 

Luhan squeezed his hand. He opened his eyes when he felt that his hands were empty. He looked up and saw that Yoomi was sitting up on the bed. He immediately sat up and held her hands.

 

"Are you okay? Are you hurting anywhere? Do you want me to call the doctor? Are you hungry?" Luhan bombarded her with questions.

 

Yoomi just stared at him and pulled her hands out of his grasp. Luhan retreated his hands as he felt his heart break.

 

"I’m sorry," he said quietly.

 

Yoomi didn’t say anything. Luhan sighed and stood up.

 

"I’ll go get your breakfast," he said.

 

 

   

He walked out of her room, leaving her alone. Yoomi got out of her bed. She felt her head throbbing with pain. She held onto the iv stand for support. She dragged the stand along with her as she began walking towards the balcony of her room. She stood in front of the big white curtains that blocked the windows. She carefully slid the curtains to the side, revealing two big window doors. She unlocked the door and slid it open. A cold gust of wind blew by. Yoomi shivered and continued walking forwards. She closed the door and turned around to look at the scenery. A small smile appeared on her lips as she felt free for the first time ever. No one was telling her to do this or that, she wasn’t locked inside. She was free out here on this balcony, although she couldn’t jump off of it.

 

The cold wind on her skin felt refreshing. She took in deep breaths. The hospital clothes that she had on shielded her from most of the wind. As she looked at her clothes, she wondered why she wasn’t in the hospital, then she remembered how powerful and rich Luhan was. This rich and powerful man was soon going to be her husband. Everytime she was alone, she thought about the decisions that she had made and the life that she was currently living.

 

Why did I say yes? Why am I here? Why did I agreed to everything? Luhan, Luhan, Luhan. What am I going to do about him? Does he...does he really love me?

 

Yoomi did not feel her heart flutter the very first time that she saw Luhan. The past week that she had spent with him, let her learn a little about him. He was scared to be hurt because of the person he onced loved. Yet, he was able to go past that barrier and fall in love with someone again. He usually disliked people that he didn’t know, but softened up to them once he got to know them.

 

Yoomi did have feelings for him, not of love, but rather of feelings of confusion. Sometimes Yoomi wondered if she had a liking to him or not. Sometimes he seemed nice, which made Yoomi’s heart warm up to him, but then came those harsh words from his mouth, which made her want to distance herself from him. Yoomi was confused with herself. Sure she wanted someone to love and for someone to love her back, but she was scared.

 

The door suddenly slid open.

 

"Why are you out here?! You could catch a cold!" someone yelled.

 

 

   

Yoomi turned around to find a angry yet worried Luhan.

 

 

   

I don’t know what to feel around you anymore, Lu Han.

 

Luhan walked up to Yoomi and grabbed her arm that wasn’t holding the iv stand. He dragged her inside her room and closed the door to the balcony. Yoomi saw that their breakfast had already been set up on her coffee table. Luhan let go of her hand and ran to her bed to grab a small blanket. He ran back to Yoomi’s side and set the blanket around her shoulders and began pushing her towards the coffee table. He made her sit down on the couch. He picked up a pair of chopsticks and a spoon and held it out to her. Yoomi looked at the utensils and hesitantly grabbed them.

 

Luhan smiled and picked up his own eating utensils. He began to eat his breakfast. When Yoomi wasn’t eating he looked up at her.

 

"Are you not hungry? Is the food not to your liking?" Luhan asked concerned.

 

Yoomi shook her head. She began eating her breakfast slowly. Luhan quietly sighed and quietly continued to eat his breakfast.

 

Please don’t do this to me, Yoomi. I know that you don’t like me, but please, don’t do this to me. I need to hear your voice

 

Chapter Twenty-Three



Author's Note

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Nai Nai.