28 Who?

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Twenty-Eight

~Who?~

Luhan was in his room, looking at the ceiling. Monday had come yet Yoomi never asked him who was the one who had attacked her. Maybe she just didn’t care. Luhan wanted to find a subject in which he could talk to Yoomi about, but nothing came to mind. He tossed and his bed and let out a big sigh. It had been awkward between them since the day Yoomi had confronted Nai Nai about hurting Luhan.

 

    Sure, Luhan was happy about Yoomi finally showing some kind of emotion, but he was also a bit sad. Every time he saw her or tried to talk to her, she would act strange around him. It was confusing him. Didn’t she already like him? Or maybe it was just his imagination. Was she shy? Luhan was frustrated and plopped his face onto his pillow.

 

    I just want to see her.

 

    Luhan turned around onto his back again.

 

    The go see her, a little voice in the back of his head said.

 

    But, what if it’s all awkward again? he asked his self.

 

    Then, make it un-awkward, the voice said.

 

    Is that even a word? Luhan asked.

 

    Yes, you idiot, his own voice said.

 

    Luhan rolled his eyes at the idiotic conversation that he was having with his self.

 

    Whatever.

 

    Luhan got off the bed. He patted down the clothes that he was wearing and made his way towards the door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

    Yoomi was looking out the window. All the medical equipment had left her room the day before. She was feeling better and school had already ended for the day. She was out of her uniform and dressed in casual wear. She was going shopping today with Nai Nai for a wedding dress.

 

    The fact that Yoomi was going to marry the Luhan still hadn’t fully sunk in yet. When Nai Nai had told Yoomi about them leaving to go shopping soon, Yoomi asked if Luhan was also going. Nai Nai told her no because she wanted Luhan to not see Yoomi in a wedding dress until the day.

 

    Yoomi was waiting by the window sill for Jason to come and get her. Her door opened. Yoomi stood up and looked forward, thinking that it was Jason.  Her eyes widened at the unexpected visitor.

 

    “Luhan?” Yoomi asked.

 

    “Yoomi.”

 

    Luhan quietly sighed. The awkwardness engulfed the room. Luhan mentally faced palmed his self.

 

    So much for making it un-awkward, Luhan.

 

    Yoomi just stood there, looking at him. Jason came in behind him.

 

    “Miss, your ride is ready,” he said.

 

    “I said to call me Yoomi,” she sighed.

 

    “Yoomi, your ride is ready.”

 

    Yoomi smiled as she shook her head. Luhan looked at Yoomi as a small smile appeared upon his lips. Luhan looked at Jason.

 

    “Ride for what?” he asked.

 

    Jason looked at Luhan and thought for a while.

 

    “Madam’s orders,” Jason simply stated, as usually.

 

    Luhan thought for a while.

 

    It’s Monday, he thought.

 

    “Can I go?” Luhan asked.

 

    Jason looked at Luhan hesitantly.

 

    “Uh...no?” Jason said.

 

    “No? Why?” Luhan whined.

 

    Jason sighed.

 

    “Madam’s orders,” Jason said again.

 

    Luhan sighed.

 

    Ugh, Nai Nai’s doing it on purpose again.

 

    “Fine,” Luhan said.

 

    He looked at Yoomi and smiled before turning around and exiting her room. Yoomi silently sighed and looked up at Jason.

 

    “Let’s go, shall we?” he asked.

 

    Yoomi nodded and smiled.

 

    Jason gestured for Yoomi to proceed. Yoomi walked past Jason out of her room. He closed her door and they both began walking towards the front of the house. They walked outside, a black car was waiting for them. Jason opened the door for Yoomi. Nai Nai was already sitting on the other side of the car. A driver was already seated in the driver’s seat. Yoomi got in and sat down beside her. Nai Nai smiled at Yoomi and Yoomi did the same. Jason closed the door and ran to the passenger seat. The car started and the driver drove.

 

    Yoomi had her hands in her lap. Nai Nai reached out to them and held one of Yoomi’s hands. Yoomi looked at Nai Nai.

 

    “You are going to be the most beautiful bride,” Nai Nai smiled.

 

    Yoomi smiled back.

 

    “Thank you...Nai Nai.”

 

    Nai Nai smiled, finally hearing her dear soon-to-be granddaughter-in-law call her Nai Nai.

 

    “I can’t wait to see you in your wedding dress walking down that aisle,” Nai Nai beamed.

 

    Yoomi’s expression darkened.

 

    Walking down the aisle? With who? Appa…

 

    Nai Nai noticed Yoomi’s change in expression.

 

    Nai Nai caressed Yoomi’s hands.

 

    “Would it be fine, if Jason walked you down the aisle?” Nai Nai asked.

 

    Yoomi felt a pang of guilt in her heart. She had hatred for her parents, but her parents were her parents, after all. She still loved them, but she didn’t want to see her parents anymore. She felt the hatred for her parents slowly fading away, and if she did see them again, the hatred would just come back and build even larger. But, Yoomi also felt a little happy. Jason did look kind of like a father to Yoomi.

 

    When Nai Nai said that Jason looked at Yoomi through the mirror on the headboard. Yoomi looked at him and smiled, telling him that she would love for him to be the one to walk her down the aisle.

 

    “I would like that,” Yoomi said.

 

Chapter Twenty-Eight