29 Love

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

 Author's Note:

Please forgive for writing such a bad chapter for the last one. >.< I hope this one will be better~ I know it's not the best, but I had fun writing it~



Chapter Twenty-Nine

~Love~

They reached the shop. Yoomi got out followed by Nai Nai. Yoomi looked up at big building before them. It had big glass windows that showed big white wedding dresses on display. She looked at them in amazement. Never before had she seen dresses as beautiful as these.

 

Yoomi was brought back to reality when Nai Nai had grabbed her hand. Yoomi looked down to her.

 

"Ready?" Nai Nai asked.

 

Yoomi looked at Nai Nai worried.

 

"Those look too expensive," she said.

 

Nai Nai laughed.

 

"Child! Do not worry about the costs!" Nai Nai said. "Pick out the one that you like the best. Ignore the prices, if not then I'll pick the most expensive dress out for you."

 

Yoomi's eyes widened.

 

"I-I'll pick one out then," she said quietly.

 

Nai Nai smiled and rubbed Yoomi's hand.

 

"Don't worry about anything, Yoomi. I have the money. Luhan has the money. All you have to worry about is your studies and giving me a grandson."

 

Yoomi's eyes widened even larger.

 

Nai Nai let out a loud and obnoxious laugh.

 

"Let's go, shall we Jason?" she said.

 

Jason nodded once.

 

"Yes madam, we shall."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Luhan sat down at his desk in his bedroom. His phone was in his hands. He kept on refreshing the screen on his phone. His chin was rested on his desk. He blew his bangs out of his face and sighed. He pressed the refresh button again.

 

"ARGH! WHY WON'T SHE SHOW UP?!!!!"

 

He threw his phone onto his bed. He slumped back into his chair and sighed.

   

 

 

Where is she? I miss her.

 

Something popped into his mind. He sat straight up. His eyes lit up as a big smile made his way onto his face. He ran to his bed and grabbed his phone and ran out his room. He ran down the halls to a certain room. He slammed the door open and ran towards a person laying down on their bed.

 

"KIM JOONMYUN!" Luhan yelled.

 

Suho sighed and sat up while rubbing his eyes.

   

 

 

"What now?" he asked.

 

"What happ-"

 

"Happened to the tracking device on Yoomi's phone? Nai Nai told me to take it off for the day so you wouldn't follow them to buy Yoomi's dress," Suho said casually before he fell back into his bed.

 

Luhan pouted and sat on the ground like a little kid. He laid down on the ground and stared at the ceiling.

 

It was silent for a while as no words were exchanged between the two brothers. Suho would've thought that Luhan fell asleep, if not for Luhan's next words.

 

"Can you tell me where they went?" he asked.

 

Suho sighed.

 

"Then what would be the whole point of taking the tracking device off of Yoomi's phone?"

 

Luhan pouted again.

 

"How is it that you know where they are and I don't?"

 

"Everyone knows, but you," Suho said.

 

Luhan shot straight up.

 

"WHERE. ARE. THEY?" Luhan asked.

 

Suho sat up and looked at him.

 

"Will you let me have my beauty sleep if I tell you?" he asked.

 

"OBVIOUSLY."

 

Suho smiled and fell back into his bed, again.

 

"M&L Dress Shoppe."

 

Luhan stood up and ran out of the room.

 

"Thank you!"

 

Suho smiled as he shook his head.

 

"He's totally fallen head over heels for her. I feel sorry for you Yoomi, you have yet to see the child side of the Luhan."

 

Luhan grabbed his car keys and immediately left the house for the dress shop, or should I say Yoomi?

   

 

 

He drove carefully down the streets, careful of not speeding. When he finally reached the shop, he parked a few blocks away from it. He grabbed a baseball cap from his car and sunglasses. He put them on and got out of his car. He looked left and right, carefully making his way towards the shop. When he reached the shop he walked in. A woman in her twenties made up way towards him.

 

"How may I help you?" she asked.

 

Luhan looked at the lady startled.

 

"O-Oh...huh...m-my wife is buying a dress and I just wanted to look around until she got done," he said.

 

My wife.

 

He blushed when he said those words himself. The lady smiled and nodded.

 

"Feel free to look around," she said before she left the room.

 

Luhan smiled and nodded. He left his sunglasses and hat on as he stealthily made his way around the store.

 

He saw a door and opened it quickly walking into the room. He quietly closed the door behind him and looked around the room. He saw that white curtains were drawn across the room, curious he walked up to the curtains and walked pass them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoomi looked at the many white dresses before her. She pouted when she realized the money that was being spent on her. She didn't want a big a extravagant wedding. A nice and small one would suffice, but since she was marrying into a rich family, her wedding would have to be big, Especially since she was marrying the Luhan.

 

She quietly sighed. Nai Nai was sitting on one of the love seats when her phone started to ring.

 

"Hello?" she asked. "You did WHAT?" she sighed. "No, no, no. Wait."

 

Nai Nai stood up. Yoomi looked at her worried.

 

"Is something wrong?" Yoomi asked.

 

Nai Nai smiled and shook her head.

 

"Nothing major. I'll be back within an hour, okay? I'm so sorry," she said.

 

Yoomi shook her head.

 

"No, it's fine."

 

Nai Nai smiled.

 

"I hope you have a dressed picked out by the time I get back," she said.

 

Yoomi nodded and smiled.

 

"I hope so too."

 

“Let’s go, Jason.”

 

And with that Nai Nai left the shop. Yoomi quietly sighed. She looked at the many dresses in the room that she was in. There were so many to pick from, yet she wanted none of them. The cost of one of these dresses were probably enough to feed an entire orphanage for a day. Yoomi shook her head. She made a mental note to herself that when she got a steady job she would make a lot of money and donate it.

 

Yoomi walked up and down the aisles of the store. She wasn't paying attention, but then suddenly something caught her eye. It was a certain dress in the middle of all of them. It was white like the others, but more beautiful. It stood out to her more than all the other ones. She stared at it for a long time, unaware that someone was walking towards her.

 

"Would, you like to try this one on?" a lady asked.

 

Yoomi snapped out of her trance and looked at the lady next to her. Yoomi slowly nodded.

 

The lady smiled and took the dress off the stand and asked Yoomi to follow her to a changing room, to which Yoomi obliged. They walked into a large room where a couch sat in front of what looked like a small stage. White curtains were at the side. The Yoomi walked onto the little stage and the lady closed the curtains. Yoomi slipped out of her clothes and put on the dress.

 

“I’m ready,” Yoomi said.

 

The lady came onto the stage and smiled at her.

 

“Let me help you zip up,” she said.

 

Yoomi smiled and nodded. The lady zipped up Yoomi’s dress and took her hair out of the ponytail. The lady fixed Yoomi’s hair. It fell down in perfect waves. The lady took a step back and looked at Yoomi as if she were a master piece.

 

“You are the most beautiful bride that I’ve ever seen,” she smiled.

 

Yoomi smiled and looked down embarrassed.

 

“T-Thank you.”

 

The bell rang signaling that someone had entered the store. The lady smiled.

 

“Stay here, and let madam see you. She should be back soon. I’ll go to the front and tend to other customers,” she said.

 

Yoomi nodded.   

 

“Of course,” she said.

 

The lady smiled one more time and walked off the stage, leaving the curtains closed. Yoomi smiled and looked down at the dress she was wearing. It was simple and white. It was decorated with silver beads. Although one may think that it was a simple looking dress, they would think otherwise once they saw Yoomi wearing. Yoomi ran her hands across the delicate fabric on her body.

 

I’m really getting married.

 

She heard a gasp and immediately looked up. A large mirror was in front of her, and in the mirror she saw herself...and Luhan.

 

He was wearing a hat and sunglasses, but Yoomi could still tell it was him. Luhan was staring at Yoomi in shock and awe as he took off his “disguise”.

 

Y-Yoomi?

 

Yoomi quickly turned around and blinked many times. Luhan looked at her in the eyes. His heart began to race. His mouth was slightly open as he just stared at his beautiful wife.

 

“Yoomi,” he said.

 

Yoomi looked at Luhan stare at her for the longest time. She blushed and smiled.

 

“D-Do you like it?” she asked shyly.

 

Luhan smiled and snapped out of his trance. He nodded.

 

“But…”

 

Yoomi looked at him with a small pout.

 

Does he not like it? She thought.

 

“But?” Yoomi asked.

 

“But, I like you more,” he said.

 

Yoomi’s eyes widened as a darker shade of red appeared on her cheeks. A smile made its way onto her lips. Luhan walked towards her. Yoomi began walking forwards, but her dress was a bit too long. She tripped on the front of her dress. Luhan’s eyes widened. Yoomi began falling forwards. Luhan ran to her and caught her before she could fall, making him drop his hat and sunglasses. Luhan was holding tightly onto her waist, while Yoomi was holding onto his shoulders. They both looked up and met each other’s eyes. They both blinked multiple times and let go of each other and stood upright. They were both looking down at the ground, avoiding each other’s stares.

 

Luhan coughed and rubbed the nape of his neck.

 

“U-Uh, a-are you okay?” he asked.

 

Yoomi nodded.

 

“Y-yes.”

 

Luhan sneaked a peek at her and saw her  red cheeks. He smiled and stifled a laugh.

 

“Let’s sit,” he said.

 

Yoomi looked up at him and nodded. They both sat down on the love seat that was behind them. It was quiet, but not awkward. Luhan was grateful for that.

 

Yoomi played with her fingers as she avoid eye contact with him. Luhan just sat next to his wife while watching her cute movements. She was shy. He smiled and scooted closer to her. Yoomi looked up at him with wide eyes.

 

“L-Luhan,”she said.

 

The smile on his lips grew.

 

“I love it when you say my name,” he said.

 

The blush on Yoomi’s cheeks got darker.

 

Luhan scooted closer and closer to her. She was getting nervous. What was he doing? She scooted backwards, but he just kept on getting closer. She tried to think of a subject to make him stop getting closer to her.

 

“T-That guy!” she said suddenly.

 

Luhan stopped and looked at her confused.

 

“What guy?” he asked as he scooted back a little to give her some space.

 

“Who was that guy that attacked me?” she asked quietly, relieved that Luhan had stopped.

 

Luhan looked at her for a long time. His face darkened.

 

Yoomi looked at Luhan worried.

 

Did she say something wrong?

 

“L-Luhan.”

 

Luhan looked down at his feet as he scooted a little farther away.

 

“That man...his company went bankrupt years ago. It was because my father ended the company contract with him. That man was embezzling our money, so we had no choice but to cut off all relations with his company. We tried telling him to stop, but he wouldn’t. His company went bankrupt and his wife left him and she took their kids with her. He became a drunk and he...he killed my parents in a car accident.”

 

Luhan’s eyes were filled up with tears, yet he didn’t notice. He just kept on talking.

 

“H-he got out of jail not too long ago, and I guess killing my pa-”

 

Yoomi scooted closer to him and grabbed his cheeks with the palms of her hands. She lifted his face up and placed her lips onto his. Luhan’s eyes widened and so did Yoomi’s. She had no clue that she had this in her. But, she closed her eyes and left her lips on his. Luhan stared at her in shock. Tears flowed down his cheeks. His heart beat raced. Luhan slowly closed his eyes and brought his hands up to her back. He slowly hugged her close and tight, as if she would disappear if he let her go.


            His head tilted to the side as he deepened the kiss. Yoomi’s hands slowly fell to his shoulders as she also tilted her head to the opposite side. Both of their soft lips were pressed up against each other. It was silent. Luhan’s pain of losing a loved one was going away and was being replaced by his wife’s love and care for him.

Chapter Twenty-Nine



Author's Note:

I was cringing when I wrote this...^-^