25 Park

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Twenty-Five

~Park~

Yoomi and Luhan sat beside the windows of the cafe, quietly sipping on their hot macchiato. They both looked outside. It was October, yet the weather was so cold. Luhan looked at Yoomi. He admired her profile as he took in every little detail of her face. He smiled and took in slow and steady breaths. The cafe was fairly quiet. The soft playing of the ballad Wildflower by Park Hyo-Shin was playing in the background. Luhan swayed back and forth to the song.

 

Yoomi watched the people outside hurry back and forth from their cars to other buildings surround the cafe. When she put down her cup of macchiato and held her hands together, she noticed how cold she was. Her breathing was a little difficult, but just thought that it was because of the amount of clothes she was wearing. Her head was still throbbing with pain from that morning. She didn't want to say anything. What if this was one of the only days that she could explore Seoul? She picked up her cup and continued drinking her drink. She drank the rest of her drink and set the cup down. Yoomi wiped her lips and looked at Luhan who had also just finished drinking his drink. Yoomi noticed that he had some whip-cream on the side of his lips. She was going to wipe it off, but decided not to. She was going to point to it, but decided against it. For she did not want this to be like those cliche Korean dramas, where he'll probably not be able to wipe it off his self, so therefore she'll have to do it for him. She decided to leave it be, and for him to figure out that it was there for himself.

 

Luhan noticed that Yoomi was also finished with her drink. A waiter came by and took their empty cups. Luhan stood up and walked up to JB whom was still behind the counter. Yoomi followed him.

 

"Tell, Xiumin that Yoomi and I came by and that I said hi," Luhan said.

 

JB nodded. Luhan turned around and smiled at Yoomi.

 

"Let's go shall we?" Luhan asked.

 

Yoomi nodded. Her eyes concentrated on the whip-cream at the corner of his lips.

 

"Wait! Hyung," JB yelled.

 

Luhan turned around and saw something white fly towards him. He caught it before it hit his face. Luhan shot JB a death glare. JB chuckled.

 

"You got some whip-cream on your lips," JB said.

 

Luhan's eyes widened as he unraveled the ball of napkin that JB had just thrown at him. He quickly wiped his mouth clean and scrunched it back up in a ball and threw it JB.

 

"Ew! I don't want your germs!" JB shrieked.

 

Luhan laughed.

 

"Thanks!"

 

Luhan turned around and smiled at Yoomi.

 

I wonder why she didn't tell me. I guess she just didn't want to talk to me.

 

Luhan slightly pouted at the thought.

 

"Let's go," Luhan said.

 

Yoomi nodded once again as they made their way towards his car.

 

 

    

They both got in and Luhan began driving to their next destination.

 

"I wanted to go to a park a few minutes away from here. it's my favorite park. I used to go there all the time with my parents," Luhan smiled.

 

Yoomi nodded.

 

His parents...I wonder why I haven't seen them. Have they perished?

 

Luhan said no more as he concentrated on driving. Yoomi looked out the window of the car, observing the buildings they passed. Luhan stopped his car in a parking lot, where not many cars were. They both got out of the car and walked towards a bench under a big tree, The bench faced a river. Luhan sat down first. Yoomi quietly took her seat at the edge of the bench, far from Luhan. Luhan smiled sadly.

 

 

    

"I used to come here with my parents," Luhan said again. "We would walk and talk together.

 

They would tell me stories of how they met," Luhan smiled as he thought about the beautiful memories made here with his parents. "I miss them dearly. I wish they were still alive to see you," Luhan said.

 

Yoomi looked down at her feet.

 

So they did pass away.

 

"They actually met here. It wasn't love at first sight though. My mother was walking along the sidewalks when a man snatched her bag. The man ran into my father and accidently dropped the bag into my father's lap. The man ran away forgetting about it. Silly isn't it?" Luhan giggled sadly. "My mother thought that my father had stolen it. She brought him to the police station, and there the love story began."

 

Luhan smiled.

 

Yoomi felt a familiar feeling. A feeling of hurt. Even though it was a familiar feeling, it was also slightly different. She felt something close to this whenever her parents treated her like the lowest scum on Earth and when Luhan was mean to her. This feeling, was not sympathy for Luhan. It was a feeling that confused Yoomi. Was she hurting because he was hurting, but why?

 

Yoomi could feel tears creep their way onto her eyes.

 

Please, don't be sad Luhan, Yoomi thought.

    

 

 

Luhan noticed the solemn atmosphere. He mentally scolded his self for making it like that. Luhan cleared his throat and let out a little laugh.

 

"So, what's your favorite color?" Luhan asked, trying to change the subject in which he started.

 

"White," Yoomi said softly.

 

Luhan smiled in content.

 

She's finally talking now.

 

"That's probably why Nai Nai made your room all white."

 

Yoomi nodded.

 

"My favorite color is blue. What's your favorite song?"

 

"The one playing in the cafe earlier."

 

Luhan smiled.

 

"Movie?"

 

"I never really had the time to watch a movie before."

 

Everyone of Yoomi's responses were quiet and soft, yet Luhan could still hear them.

 

"We should go to the movie theaters soon," Luhan smiled.

 

Yoomi nodded.

 

"That would be nice."

 

Luhan smiled.

 

"So...is there anything that you would like to know about me?" he asked.

 

Yoomi kept her gaze on her shoes. Yoomi never thought about having nice long conversations with Luhan before. She didn't know what to say, but for some reason she wanted to try and carry on the conversation. She never really talked around Luhan, but now they were and she liked it. She didn't want herself to ruin the nice harmony between the both of them Suddenly a question that she didn't even think about came out of .

 

"Why did you agree to marry me?" Yoomi asked.

 

She regretted asking right away.

 

Luhan seemed a bit taken aback by her question, but nonetheless was happy that she asked it.

 

"Nai Nai forced me to," Luhan said.

 

For some reason Yoomi's heart sank. She hated this feeling. This feeling that was similar to the other feelings, yet different.

 

Luhan noticed her change of expression. A small smile stretched upon his lips.

 

"I didn't want to at first, but now..."

 

He paused for a while watching Yoomi's expression. He slowly scooted closer to her on the bench without her noticing.

 

"Now, I want this marriage more than anything," Luhan smiled sincerely.

 

Yoomi looked up at Luhan. Luhan was leaned in towards her with a smile that Yoomi couldn't see because of how close they were. There noses were almost touching. Yoomi's eyes widened as she jerked backwards, but because she was on the edge, she fell off the bench. Luhan's eyes widened out of shock as he grabbed onto Yoomi before she hit the ground. Luhan grabbed her arms and switched their positions. Luhan hit the ground with his back. Yoomi's body fell on his. Both of their eyes were closed. Luhan felt something soft on his lips. His eyes opened. They doubled in sized. The soft object were Yoomi's lips. Yoomi's eyes were still closed. Luhan began to blush hard.

 

He thought that maybe Yoomi finally accepted him because she wasn't removing her lips. His heart was racing. But, then he realized that she wasn't moving at all. Luhan gasped as he sat up. He held Yoomi in his arms and looked down at her pale face. He gently shook her.

 

"Yoomi, Yoomi!" he yelled.

 

Her eyes were not opening. Luhan didn't realize he was crying until he saw his tears drip down onto Yoomi's pale face.

 

"Yoomi!"

 

End of Chapter Twenty-Five



Author's Note:

Spoiler: Next chapter's name is "Nai Nai's Back".

^^