21 Avoiding Each Other

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Twenty-One

~Avoiding Each Other~

Yoomi woke up earlier than she did the day before. She didn't want to see anyone after what happened yesterday, especially Luhan. She put on her uniform and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were swollen again. She sighed and put on her backpack. She walked out of her room and closed the door behind her. She walked to the front of the mansion. Jason came towards her.

 

"Where are you going Miss?" he asked.

 

Yoomi forced a smile.

 

"I'm walking to school today. I need some time alone outside to get my mind cleared. Please, I promise you I won't run. Even if I do, you'll eventually find me, right?" Yoomi chuckled sadly.

 

Jason softened at her words.

 

I'm so sorry, Miss Jung. You must be having a hard time.

 

Jason smiled warmly at her.

 

"At least have some breakfast before you go," he said.

 

Yoomi shook her head.

 

"It's okay. I'll eat breakfast at school if I get hungry. A new chance to make friends, right?"

 

Jason nodded.

 

"Go then. I don't want to keep you waiting."

 

Yoomi smiled and began walking to school.

 

She looked at the sky and down back at her feet. She knew the way to there already. She sighed.

 

What am I going to do?

 

Again, she heard that same noise. Ruffles coming from the bushes. Her head snapped to the side to where the noise was coming from and the noise stopped. She shook her head and began walking towards school again.

 

I'm just being paranoid.

 

Yoomi sighed and ignored it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Her class ended and Yoomi was about to walk out of the classroom, but Jinah stopped her.

 

"Yoomi," Jinah said.

 

Yoomi stopped and looked at Jinah.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. Jung-"

 

 

   

"Unnie, it wasn't anyone's fault. It's okay. It really is," Yoomi smiled. "Don't worry. I already forgot about it."

 

I didn't. I can't. His face. His disappointed face.

 

Jinah sighed.

 

"Just remember, I'm always here for you," Jinah smiled.

   

 

 

Yoomi smiled back and hugged Jinah.

 

"Mm, thank you unnie."

 

Yoomi walked out of the classroom and was immediately was embraced by someone. Yoomi's eyes widened.

 

"Yoomi, where did you go this morning?" D.O. asked.

 

Yoomi softened. D.O. pulled back from the hug and looked at Yoomi in the eyes. His eyes widened.

 

"Are you okay?" he asked.

   

 

 

Yoomi nodded.

 

"Let's go meet the others," she said.

 

D.O. smiled and nodded.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

The day seemed to go by quickly, as it was already time to go back home. Yoomi walked to the parking lot slowly. She looked up and saw that it was empty. She sighed. Her phone beeped and she took it out of her pocket. Her eyes widened. She had a message from Lu Jerk.

 

 

Lu Jerk

(1) Message

I heard that you walked to school this morning. I'm sorry. Don't walk back home. I asked Suho to come and pick you up. It's dangerous walking home alone. I'm sorry that I can't pick you up today.

 

 

Yoomi sighed.

 

He's avoiding me, just like I'm avoiding him. I have to keep it this way.

 

    She began typing back a reply, but stopped.

 

Don’t get yourself involved with him Yoomi. He just feels bad for you. He really doesn’t love you, but why? Why does my heart hurt so much? Why do I feel like I miss him?

 

Yoomi walked to the bench and sat down. She looked at her surroundings and smiled when she saw two birds standing side by side. Her phone beeped again and she looked at the screen. She had a text from Suho.

 

 

Suho

(1) Message

I'm so sorry I'm late! I'll be right there! Do go anywhere!

 

 

Yoomi chuckled to herself and replied back.

 

 

To: Suho

From: Yoomi

Don't worry, I won't.

 

 

Yoomi locked her phone and held onto it tight. She heard that same noise, again. It was coming from behind her, but before she could turn around something blocked her nose and mouth. Her eyes widened as she panicked. She quickly elbowed whoever was behind her. The person grunted and Yoomi immediately stood up and turned to face the person that had just tried to knock her out. It was a middle aged man with a beard. Yoomi took steps backwards slowly.

 

The man was rubbing his chin where he got elbow. He smirked at Yoomi. Yoomi's eyes widened. She turned around and began running fast.

 

End of Chapter Twenty-One



Author's Note:

Cliff hanger~
Don't hate me.
..^^