16 Melting Heart

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Sixteen

~Melting Heart~

 

Yoomi looked at the wall opposite her for a long time. She sighed and stood up. She walked to her closet and took out a pair of pajamas, which was an oversized tank top and shorts. She took off her uniform. As she did so, she thought about what had happened to her that day. Silent tears streamed down her cheeks. She stared into the distance as she took off her uniform. She felt lifeless, tired, and drained of all her energy. She walked into her bathroom and took a shower. Her tears wouldn't stop flowing. Her knees felt weak and gave in. She sat down in the shower and let the water wash away all her thoughts. She pulled her knees close to her body and sob quietly.

 

It's hurt so much. I thought all the pain was supposed to stop. Will I ever be able to escape from being hated?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Luhan sighed and just stared at the wall for who knows how long. He scolded his self over and over again. It was true, when Luhan first started dating her, the others, even Nai Nai, strongly disagreed of the relationship. Luhan didn't know why, but he soon found out after a year of dating her. She only dated him for his money. She was two-timing him. When he found out, she left him. She broke his heart. He loved her with his whole heart. He trusted her, but she betrayed him.

 

Tears began to flow down Luhan's cheeks as he thought about his painful past. It took him months to pull his self together and two years to finally forget about her. Those words went through his head again.

 

"You think that you went through hell for the last four years? Well, try going through that for eighteen years, by your own blood related parents, Luhan. Yoomi does not deserve to be treated harshly."

 

Is her painful past really not an act? Luhan thought to his self. Everyone's different, Luhan. Not all people want only money, Yoomi's one of those people. But, what if she doesn't love me? She tried to run away the first day. What if she runs again? What if she already hates me?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Yoomi woke up the next day. She sat up in her bed and stared at the wall again. Her eyes felt puffy and heavy. She sighed and got ready for school. She put on her uniform and looked at herself in the mirror.

   

 

 

He hates you Yoomi. He hates you. He won't love you. You should be happy. Why aren't you happy?

 

Yoomi grabbed her bag and walked into the white living room. There stood Luhan, staring at a random painting on the wall. When he felt Yoomi's presence in the room, he turned to look at her. His eyes widened at her red and swollen eyes.

 

It's all my fault, he thought.

 

It hurt him to see her like this because of him. He was the cause to her tears.

Yoomi walked passed Luhan towards the dining room where everyone else was. It was as if Yoomi had ignored him. Luhan sighed and followed her. They both reached the dining room. Baekhyun jumped out of his seat and walked up to Yoomi. He held out a box to her and

smiled.

 

"We got you something last night," he beamed.

 

We?

 

Yoomi carefully took the box in her hands and opened it. It was a brand new smartphone. Yoomi's eyes widened. Luhan was behind Yoomi, a small smile appeared at the corner of his lips.

 

"It has all of our contact numbers on it. So, if you need to call any of us, just call," Kai said, while making a “call me” signal.

 

Yoomi smiled, glad that even though Luhan was mean to her, she still had eleven brothers to care for her. She was so touched that tears began to flow down her cheeks. Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock. He quickly wiped her tears.

 

"Don't cry Mimi," Baekhyun pouted.

   

 

 

Yoomi looked up at Baekhyun and smiled.

 

Thank you.

   

 

 

Yoomi gave Baekhyun a big hug.

 

Thank you so much.

 

 

   

EXO, except Luhan, smiled and ran up to Yoomi and began hugging her, until she was in the middle of everyone. Luhan stood from the sidelines and watched.

 

"Don't cry Mimi, when that jerk of a deer is mean to you, then just come to us. We'll always be here," Chanyeol said.

 

Yoomi smiled and nodded. Luhan smiled.

 

"Thank you," she said.

 

EXO's eyes widened. They all looked at her in shock.

 

"M-Mimi, you talked!" D.O. yelled.

 

Yoomi smiled.

 

"You're voice is so beautiful!" Sehun yelled.

 

"You should talk more often," Lay said.

 

"Yeah, you should," Kris said.

 

Luhan stood there shocked. He had just heard Yoomi talk for the first time ever. He hoped that she would continue talking. He smiled to his self and sighed in content.

 

"Let's eat breakfast, shall we?" Suho said.

 

EXO and Yoomi nodded. They all sat down and began eating their breakfast.

 

Yoomi looked around and noticed someone was missing.

 

Where's Nai Nai?

 

 

   

Luhan seemed to be thinking the same thing.

 

"Did Nai Nai go somewhere?" Luhan asked.

 

"China," Tao said.

 

"No, Japan," Lay said.

   

"I thought she said England," D.O. said.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

"Guys, she went to China," Suho said.

 

"Ha! See? I told you!" Tao yelled.

 

Yoomi laughed. Luhan looked at Yoomi with wide eyes.

   

 

 

This is the first time I've ever heard her laugh, he thought.

 

Luhan smiled as he watched his future wife laugh, making his cold heart melt more than it already had.

 

 

End of Chapter Sixteen

 



Author's Note:

Double update today. Don't miss the previous chapter.

Even though it is my birthday in which calls for celebration, I will still like to offer my condolences to EunB's family and friends,

and to the family and friends of the driver.  

I hope the two young ladies of Ladie's Code a speedy recovery.