*Trying To Escape

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter One

~Trying to Escape~

       Her head throbbed with every heartbeat. She opened her eyes, seeing a white ceiling way above her. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to get the throbbing to stop. She let out an exasperated sigh when it only got worse. She felt around her bed, trying to search for her phone. It was so light out, so why were her parents not yelling profanities at her to get up and make breakfast?

       The more Yoomi felt around her bed, the more conscious she became. The more conscious she became, the more she realized that the ceiling in her room wasn’t as high as the one she just saw, the more she realized that her bedsheets were this soft, and the more she realized that she was most likely no longer in her room.

       Yoomi rubbed the sand out from her eyes and sat straight up with a loud gasp as the events from the night before ran through her head.

       Yoomi had just finished taking a shower. She slipped on her undergarments and black night gown that reached mid-thigh. Walking into her room while drying her hair, Yoomi hummed a random tune while swaying back and forth. She ran her fingers through her long dark brown locks and grabbed her brush to brush out the small tangles.

       She then walked over to her desk, pulling her laptop open. It had been a long day, but she still needed to study for her upcoming music test.

       Tap. Tap. Tap.

       The noise was subtle and quiet, but Yoomi could hear it. Before she could turn around and see what it was, a cloth blocked her nose and mouth, making everything go black.

       Panic rose in her chest. Her heartbeat skyrocketed as a hundred scenarios ran through her mind.

       Did Mom and Dad sell me? Am I a slave? Are they going to take my organs? Where am I?

       Yoomi’s life was no ride in the park, but that didn’t mean that she was willing to give her body away or to die. She still had so much left to live for. She was planning to run away after earning enough money. Did her parents find her stash of cash and find out her plans?

       Heaving deep breaths, Yoomi tried to calm down, but her adrenaline wouldn’t back down so fast. She threw the blankets off her body. She looked down at herself, making sure she hadn’t been taken advantage of while she was sleeping. She was still in her night gown and didn’t feel any different. The only thing different with her body was her headache.

       She gulped, looking left and right. The room she was in was probably bigger than the whole apartment she lived in with her parents. There were ceiling to floor windows at the far right end of the room. She looked passed the window and could only see the top of the trees. She certainly wouldn’t be able to jump out the window. There were two doors to her right and one in front of her. Taking in deep breaths, she hurried to the door before her.

       Her feet were bare, but she didn’t notice. Her sole attention was now on escaping whatever place she had been brought to. She didn’t care that it looked luxurious. For all she knew, they were probably trying to win her over in order to get her to agree to become a slave.

       Once she reached the door, Yoomi grabbed onto the golden handle and gave it a turn. The door clicked open must to Yoomi’s surprise. Maybe it was fate telling her to escape. Yoomi popped her head out the door, looking right and left. When the coast was clear, she stepped out into the hallway that contained many other doors.

       Trying to even out her breathing, Yoomi took quiet and careful steps down the hall, hoping she was going the right way.

       The place was enormous. She took left and right turns, never being able to find an open space. She tried opening other doors, but they were either bathrooms or locked. She began running, looking back occasionally to make sure no one was behind her.

       After what seemed like minutes, Yoomi reached a large living room, with her back turned towards it. She was still focused on the hallway, trying to see if anyone was following her. Finally, Yoomi turned around and saw the big living room before her—along with thirteen strangers staring at her with wide eyes.

       Oh no!

***

       The twelve young men sat on the couches of the living room on the third floor. They were waiting for their grandmother to arrive after she summoned them for a meeting. The nervous looks on each of their faces did not go unnoticed. Whenever their grandmother summoned them, it was either because Tao had screwed something up again or Sehun had gotten lost during a business trip.

       But, Luhan, the blood grandson of their grandmother, seemed to know the true reason for the summom. The male leaned back into the couch with a heavy sigh. He tilted his head back and stared at the ceiling with a look of despair.

       “What’s wrong, Han?” Suho, one of the more responsible ones asked.

       Luhan sat up straight and shook his head.

       It’s the stupid marriage thing again. That’s what’s wrong. I’m only twenty-four for goodness sake, grandmother!

       Before Luhan could voice his thoughts, their grandmother walked into the living room. Every one stood to bow to the elder, giving her morning greetings. She gestured for them all to take a seat. Once they did, a wicked grin crept onto her lips as she held her hands together. She took her seat at the couch facing everyone present.

       Tension began building. The silence was deafening.

       “Han,” Nai Nai spoke slowly and elegantly with a hint of playfulness.

       This meant she was up to no good.

       “Y-Yes?” Luhan stuttered, fearing the worse.

       “Now, since you are the second oldest and my only blood-related grandchild, I would like for you to get married,” she finally dropped the bomb.

       Everyone’s jaw dropped as well.

       Luhan groaned and twisted his face in dislike.

       “Nai Nai, I know, but how many times have I told you that I’m still looking for the right one,” Luhan was irritated, but his voice was also pleading. He knew. He just knew that Nai Nai probably had already found him some rich snotty brat for him.

       “Ha!” Nai Nai crossed her legs and leaned back. “I gave you time, Luhan. Two years to be exact. I’ll be dead by the time you find the right one.”

       Baekhyun snickered, earning a glare from Luhan. Luhan clenched his teeth and returned his attention towards Nai Nai.

       “I know, but—”

       “No buts! I’ve already picked out the perfect bride for you, Han,” Nai Nai grinned. “And, she’s here!”

       The excitement in her eyes made Luhan groan in misery.

       “She’s here?” his shoulder’s slump, his terrible future flashing before his eyes.

       The other eleven males looked at each other, wondering what Luhan’s bride was like. Was she from Jae Corporations? They had three daughters. Or was she from Mu Industries? They had six.

       And as on cue, when Luhan asked the question, Yoomi walked into the living room backwards. Everyone turned their attention to the girl carefully stepping into the room with her shoulders shaking. Their eyes scanned her revealing attire with confusion and shock. When Yoomi turned around, a yelp of shock and sheer horror escaped her lips.


Author's Note:

Rewritting this beacuse the old version doesn't deserve all the love you all give it!

This should be written better!