17 New Contacts

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Seventeen

~New Contacts~

 

    They finished eating and went to their cars. Luhan walked to the passenger seat and opened the car for Yoomi.Yoomi walked up to Luhan’s car and saw him open the door for her. She looked at Luhan as she walked towards him. She looked away and got into this car. He closed her door and ran to the driver’s seat and got in. Luhan began driving towards the school. It was quiet again.

 

When will this silence be filled with her beautiful voice and laughter? Luhan thought sadly.

 

Luhan mentally shook his head.

 

Never if you keep being a jerk to her, he thought.

 

Yoomi took out her new smartphone out of the pocket of her uniform. She slid her finger across the screen and clicked on contacts. She smiled seeing how many there were.

 

And none of them are work, she smiled.

 

She looked through each and everyone of her contacts.

 

(B)

Baekhyunnie~

 

    Baekhyunnie? Yoomi smiled to herself.

 

(C)

Chen Chen

 

    Chen Chen~

 

(D)

D.O.

 

    Kyung-Soo equals D.O.

 

(H)

Home

 

    Home?

 

(J)

Jason

Jinah

 

    Jason...Jinah unnie?

 

(K)

Kai

Kris

 

    Kai and Kris? Ah, those chic guys.

 

(L)

Lu Jerk

 

    Lu Jerk? Yoomi muffled her laugh with her hand. These guys, she smiled as she shook her head.

 

(M)

Minseok (Xiumin)

 

    Minseok? Ah, the oldest. Jinah unnie’s husband.

 

(N)

Nai Nai

 

(S)

Sehun

Suho

 

    Nai Nai, Sehun, Suho.

 

(Y)

Yeollie~

Yixing

 

    Yeollie~ a bright smile appeared on her face, and Yixing.

 

(Z)

Zitao

 

    And last but not least, Tao. Panda. Yoomi smiled. Thank you, everyone.

 

    Luhan watched Yoomi carefully from the corner of his eye. He saw her go through her new phone and laugh to herself. Luhan couldn’t help but smile she he heard her laughter.

 

    I wonder why she’s laughing.

 

    They reached the school and Yoomi got out of the car without saying anything. Luhan wanted to say something to her, but his words were stuck in his throat. Luhan watched her get out of his car. He sighed and got out as well. Chanyeol and Baekhyun threw their arms over Yoomi’s shoulders. EXO surrounded Yoomi. They seemed to be ignored Luhan. Luhan sighed and watched all of them laugh, being happy that they were at least happy. Suho looked back at Luhan. No words were exchanged. Luhan nodded and so did Suho. Suho turned back around as they all walked towards the front doors of the university.

 

    Luhan got back into his car and began driving to work.

 

    I’ve got to work on my talking skills. I freeze up whenever I’m around her. And I thought talking in front of my business partners was hard.

 

    As EXO and Yoomi were walking down the halls, girls and guys stared at them. Yoomi looked down and sighed. Lay looked at Yoomi and smiled.

 

    “Yoomi, if you talk more and stand up for yourself, I’m sure that you’ll feel a lot more comfortable here. You just have to try. Be yourself. Don’t hide in a shell,” Lay said.

 

    Yoomi looked up at everyone. They all gave her reassuring smiles and nodded. Yoomi nodded back and smiled.

 

    I’ll try.

 

They all reached their classrooms. Yoomi was now walking alone with D.O. again. Yoomi said goodbye to D.O. D.O. looked at her and smiled. He made a fighting sign with both of his fists.

 

    “Fighting!” he said.

 

    Yoomi nodded. D.O. walked into his classroom. Yoomi took in a deep breath and sighed. She straightened out her uniform and smiled determined.

 

    The reason why everyone is so mean to you is because you don’t talk and you don’t stand up for yourself. You have to be different and confident, Jung Yoomi! Fighting! She said to herself.

 

    Yoomi opened the door and walked in. Jinah was still at her desk. Yoomi looked at her and smiled brightly, causing Jinah to smile back. Yoomi walked to the front of the room and stood there, looking at her classmates. Everyone looked at her. Yoomi smiled to them and bowed. They all looked at her weird.

 

    “Hi! My name is Jung Yoomi. I’ll be your new classmate from now on. I hope that we’ll be great friends in the future. I’m sorry about yesterday. I wasn’t in a good mood.”

 

    It was quiet for a while. Then suddenly someone began clapping and soon the whole classroom was filled with clapping and yells.

 

    “It’s okay Yoomi shi!”

 

    “You’re so pretty!”

 

    “I love your voice!”

 

    Yoomi smiled and looked at Jinah. Jinah smiled and nodded.

 

    “Good job,” she mouthed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 


 

    Luhan was sitting at his desk again. He called Minho into his room. Minho was sitting on one of the couches and playing games on his phone. Luhan sighed.

 

    “Minho.”

 

    “Mm?” Minho said without looking up.

 

    “Choi Minho,” Luhan said.

 

    Minho paused his game and looked up.

 

    “Yes sir?” Minho asked.

 

    Luhan rolled his eyes and sighed.

 

    “I want you to find as much information on Jung Yoomi as you can,” Luhan said.

 

    Minho’s eyebrows went up. He smiled evilly and bowed. He jumped up from the couch and ran out of the room. Luhan shook his head and sat back into his seat. Minutes later Minho came running in with a big manila folder. Minho plopped the folder onto Luhan’s desk.

 

    “Here you go!” Minho beamed.

 

    Luhan’s mouth opened in shock.

 

    “H-how did you get all of this so fast?” he asked.

 

    “Nai Nai gave it to me, before she left on her business trip to China. She told me that you would ask for it sooner or later,” Minho smirked. “I guess it’s sooner.”

 

Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

“Whatever! Get out!” Luhan yelled.

 

“My pleasure,” Minho bowed and ran out of Luhan’s office.

 

Luhan sighed and opened it to the first page.

 

Let me get to know you, Jung Yoomi.

 

End of Chapter Seventeen