26 Nai Nai's Back

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Twenty-Six

~Nai Nai's Back~

 

Luhan picked her up in his arms and ran to his car. He set her down in the passenger seat and quickly put on her seatbelt. He got into the car and looked at Yoomi worried. He began speeding down the streets of Seoul trying to get back to the mansion. Luhan took a sharp turn. Tear were forcing their way up his eyes.

 

“Yoomi, please be okay. Why, why am I such a bad husband?” Luhan whispered angry to his self.

 

Yoomi’s head was throbbing with pain. She felt her body to one side as if someone had pushed her. She slowly opened her eyes. She knew that she was back in Luhan’s car that was speeding down streets. She could hear Luhan talking to his self.

 

“Why do I always cause you harm?” Luhan’s voice was shaky.

 

Yoomi was scared because he was driving so fast. Yoomi slowly reached out her arm to Luhan’s and held his arm. Luhan jumped and slowly stopped his car before looking to his right. His red eyes widened as he held Yoomi’s hand to his cheek.

 

“Are you okay? Where are you hurting? Do you want to go to the hospital?” Luhan asked worried.

 

Yoomi looked at him weakly as a small smile appeared upon her lips to tell him that everything was fine.

 

“Home,” she said quietly.

 

Luhan smiled and nodded.

 

She acknowledges my home as her’s.

 

Luhan’s heart warmed up.

 

“Mm,” he fought back tears of happiness and sadness.

 

Yoomi smiled and slowly closed her eyes. Luhan kept her hand in his’ as he began driving back to the mansion.

 

Yoomi watched Luhan focus on the road. She looked down at their intertwined hands and smiled.

 

His hand is so big and warm, just like his heart.

 

Yoomi wanted to cry because Luhan was so nice to her. It was impossible to think that this Luhan acted so mean and harsh to her before. She wanted to cry because he still loved her despite the words she said to him.

 

“He doesn’t love me.”

 

“It’s called sympathy.”

 

Yoomi knew that Luhan loved her, but she was still scared. Maybe if she finally accepted his love, she would never be hurt again. She would finally be able to live a  nice life with the one she loves. But, how would she be able to show him love? Like I said, she was scared to hurt him. She knew nothing about true love.

 

They reached the garage. Luhan let go of Yoomi’s hand. Yoomi instantly felt empty. She slightly pouted at the new feeling. Luhan got out of the car and ran to Yoomi’s side. Yoomi had already unbuckled herself. Luhan picked Yoomi up out of the car, ignoring her small protests. Yoomi slightly hit Luhan’s chest trying to make him set her down.

 

“Please,” Yoomi quietly pleaded.

 

Luhan smiled. He pretended to drop her.

 

“Luhan!” Yoomi screamed.

 

Luhan laughed.

 

    “No, I’m not going to let you faint again,” Luhan said.

 

    You’re going to make me faint by having a heart-attack, Yoomi mentally rolled her eyes.

 

    Luhan got inside the mansion. Maids and  butlers came up to them worried.

 

    “What happened Master Lu?”

 

“Do you need a first aid kit?”

 

    “Are you okay?”

 

    “Do you need me to call a doctor?”

 

    “It’s okay,” Luhan said to them.

 

    Luhan carried Yoomi to her room. When Luhan walked into her room, they both saw Nai Nai sitting on Yoomi’s bed. Luhan’s eyes widened.

 

    “Nai Nai!” Luhan exclaimed.

 

    Yoomi’s eyes widened.

 

    Nai Nai.

 

    Nai Nai looked angry. She stood up, letting Luhan set Yoomi down. When Luhan looked up to Nai Nai, a loud slap was heard as Luhan’s head snapped to the side. Yoomi’s eyes widened as she watched Nai Nai slap Luhan.

 

    “She was supposed to be resting!” Nai Nai yelled. “Is that how you take care of your future wife?!”

 

    A red hand mark was apparent on Luhan’s left cheek. Luhan closed his eyes, trying to keep his tears from falling.  

 

    “Answer me!” Nai Nai yelled.

 

    She raised her hand to slap him again. Yoomi mustered up all her strength and pushed herself off her bed. She stood in front of Luhan with her arms spread out protecting Luhan, facing Nai Nai. Nai Nai stopped mid-way. Her hand froze in the air as she tried to hide a smile.

 

    I’m sorry for sacrificing your cheek Luhan, Nai Nai thought.

 

    Luhan waited for a second slap. When it never came he slowly opened his eyes and looked forward. He was shocked at what he was seeing. Yoomi was using herself to protect him. Luhan was frozen in his spot. His eyes were on Yoomi.

 

    Yoomi looked at Nai Nai in the eyes.

 

    “It’s not his fault. He only offered to take me out. I should have stayed home and listened to the doctor’s orders, but I was the one that wanted to leave this room. Luhan knew that, so he took me out. It wasn’t his fault. He is your grandson, you shouldn’t treat him this way. Jinah unnie told me that you were a nice and kind person, so please don’t act this way. Luhan looks shocked. Please, don’t hurt him anymore. If you do, then you’ll have to hurt me first. I won’t let you hurt him,” Yoomi said.

 

    She swallowed hard, expecting Nai Nai to lash out on her. Her hands balled up into fists as she felt her temperature rising. She wasn’t exactly in the perfect condition to be getting angry at the moment. She also hasn’t spoken this much in such a long time.

 

    Luhan’s eyes widened even more if that was even possible. His heart was racing because of Yoomi’s words. Luhan’s mind was blank. He wanted to be happy and embrace Yoomi right then and there, but his body was still frozen from the shock.

 

    My Mimi, likes me? Luhan began to blush.

 

    Nai Nai smiled in content.

 

    “The others told me that you weren’t accepting Han’s feelings. I knew I had to do something about it before the wedding,” Nai Nai smiled in success.

 

    Yoomi’s eyes widened.

 

    “W-what?” Yoomi quietly asked.

 

    “I believe that you will protect Luhan as you are now. I also believe that Luhan will do the same,” Nai Nai said warmly.

 

    Now Yoomi was frozen in her spot. Both Luhan and Yoomi were not moving. Nai Nai smiled at the silly couple. She reached her hand out to Yoomi’s forehead. Her eyes widened as she gasped.

 

    “Han! Hurry, call a doctor. Yoomi has a fever,” Nai Nai said worried.

 

    Those words made Luhan finally snap out of it. He gently shook his head and looked at Yoomi  who was slowly putting down her arms. Luhan smiled and picked her up. This time, Yoomi did not protest. Luhan set her down on her bed and took off her shoes and jacket. Yoomi’s cheeks were red, probably from both being sick and her blushing from being embarrassed. Luhan placed his hand on her cheek and pouted.

 

    “You do have a fever. Wait here,” Luhan said.

 

    Yoomi’s eyes darted around her room, trying to avoid Luhan’s and Nai Nai’s gaze. When Luhan left her room, Nai Nai sat down next to her and smiled.

 

    “You did that on impulse. You’re still confused on what to do, aren’t you?” Nai Nai asked.

 

    Yoomi looked down to her hands. Nai Nai was right. Yoomi did do that on impulse, but that didn’t mean that Yoomi didn’t have feelings for Luhan. She was just confused whether she did or not. Whether the new strange feelings she felt was really love or not. Nai Nai confirmed it for her.

 

“Now that you know your true feelings for him, accept him. Take it slowly. I won’t rush you two to do something you don’t want to do...although I do want a grandson soon,” Nai Nai said while tapping her chin.

 

Yoomi’s eyes widened as she blushed hard.

 

Luhan walked back into Yoomi’s room with a bowl of water and a towel, making both Nai Nai and Yoomi looked at him. He walked up to Yoomi and Nai Nai. He set the bowl and towel on Yoomi’s night stand and looked at her. His eyes widened.

 

“Is your fever getting worse?! Your cheeks got even redder!” Luhan yelled worried, completely oblivious to the fact that it was mostly because of her blushing.

 

Yoomi blinked multiple times and looked down to her hands again. Nai Nai smiled and stood up. She looked at Luhan in the eyes. Luhan looked at her, knowing why she slapped him. Luhan smiled back and mouthed, Thank you.

 

Nai Nai smiled and nodded. She looked back at Yoomi.

 

“I’ll leave you two to do my own things now.”

 

Yoomi and Luhan nodded.

 

“Have a good rest, you must be tired,” Luhan said.

 

Nai Nai smiled and nodded.

 

“Yes, yes, I will.”

 

Nai Nai turned around and walked out of Yoomi’s room, leaving Luhan and Yoomi alone, once again.

 

End of Chapter Twenty-Six