20 I'm Scared

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Twenty

~I'm Scared~

Everyone sat down while eating their frozen yogurt. Yoomi had Xiumin and Jinah’s son on her leg as she fed him his frozen yogurt.

 

"What’s your name?" Yoomi asked.

 

The little boy smiled.

 

"Kim Jung-Woo," he said. "Noona?"

 

Yoomi smiled.

 

"Noona’s name is Yoomi. Jung Yoomi."

 

Jung-Woo shook his head.

 

"No it’s not," he said.

 

Everyone looked at the boy confused.

 

"What do you mean?" Yoomi asked.

 

"Appa said that you’re going to marry Lulu," he said.

 

"Lulu?" Yoomi asked.

 

"Mm! Lulu samchun! Noona is Lu Yoomi!" Jung-Woo smiled.

 

Everybody laughed.

 

"Lulu samchun~" Kai cooed.

 

Luhan shot Kai a death glare.

 

"Stop it! Only Jung-Woo can call me that," Luhan said.

 

Yoomi smiled and looked at Jung-Woo.

 

"Do you like Lulu samchun?" Yoomi asked.

 

Luhan looked at Yoomi with wide eyes.

 

Jung-Woo nodded.

 

"Do you like Lulu samchun?" he asked back.

 

This time both Yoomi and Luhan’s eyes widened. It was quiet. Everyone’s attention was on Yoomi. Yoomi blinked a few times. She didn’t know what to say.

 

I don’t like him? I want to leave? I think he hates me? How can I like him?

 

What was she supposed to say?

 

Yoomi forced a smile.

 

"I just met your samchun," Yoomi finally said.

 

Luhan felt his heart drop.

 

"But appa and umma said that it was love at first sight for them," Jung-Woo pouted.

Yoomi smiled.

 

"But, I’m not your umma and appa. Everyone’s different Jung-Woo ah," Yoomi said softly.

 

"But Lulu samchun likes you!" Jung-Woo yelled.

 

Yoomi blinked several times.

 

"W-what?" she asked.

 

"I can see it! He looks at you the same way appa looks at umma!" Jung-Woo yelled.

 

Everyone was shocked. How was it that this four year old kid knew so much about love? Luhan blinked multiple times, surprised that out of everyone, his nephew was the first one to find out, besides Minho.

 

"J-Jung-Woo ah," Yoomi said softly. "It’s not like that. Lulu samchun doesn’t like noona. W-we’re just friends," Yoomi said.

 

Luhan’s face darkened.

 

She still thinks I hate her.

 

 

   

Luhan forced a smile.

 

Since I already have feelings for her, I can’t let her get away. I have to make her fall for me.

 

 

   

"Jung-Woo ah! You’re right. I do like your noona. And Lu Yoomi sounds pretty nice, don’t you think?" Luhan smiled brightly.

 

Everyone looked at Luhan shocked. Jung-Woo smiled brightly and nodded. He looked at Yoomi.

 

"See? I told you!" Jung-Woo beamed.

 

EXO and Jinah looked back and forth from Yoomi to Luhan.

 

"Wow, looks like hyung had some self reflecting done," Chen said to Lay.

 

Lay slowly nodded.

 

"Probably," Lay said back.

 

This time Yoomi's face darkened. She forced a smile and looked at Jung-Woo.

 

"Jung-Woo ah, Lulu samchun only feels bad for me, he doesn’t love me. It's called sympathy. Noona's been through a lot. Many people have felt bad for me so many that it hurts to think about it," Yoomi smiled sadly. "I just want someone to truly love me. Lulu samchun was forced to love me. Jung-Woo, you'll understand when you get older."

 

Everyone looked at Yoomi shocked with sorrowful expressions.

 

Jung-Woo pouted.

 

"But-"

 

"Jung-Woo ah, noona's tired. Noona's going to go rest, okay?" Yoomi said.

 

"I just want noona to be happy," Jung-Woo pouted.

 

 

   

"I am happy because I got to meet you," Yoomi smiled.

 

Jung-Woo smiled back. He jumped off of her lap and Yoomi got up. She looked at Jinah and Xiumin, and bowed.

 

"Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to see me," Yoomi said before she began walking to her room.

 

As Yoomi walked to her room, it was quiet for a while. Luhan's hands turned into fists. He stood up and ran after her.

 

Yoomi was almost to her room. Luhan came up behind her and pulled her arm so that she turned to face him. Yoomi looked at Luhan with wide eyes.

 

"L-Luhan," Yoomi said.

 

"Sympathy? Forced love? Yah! Jung Yoomi, you pabo. Do you really think that I was forced to love you? I met you less than a week ago, when I see you, you make my heart race. My palms get sweaty. I admit it. At first I wanted you to leave at all costs, but when I finally saw who you really were, my heart raced like crazy. I told myself to hate you. I told myself to not love you! But, my heart betrayed me. I fell for you hard. I love you Jung Yoomi. I love you! Can you not see that?! I love you so much that it hurts! I'm sorry that I was harsh to you at first, I know that you must hate me, but I'm sorry again. I can't let you leave me. You need happiness in your life and so do I. You're my happiness, Yoomi. Please, believe me."

 

Luhan's eyes were beginning to fill up with tears. Yoomi stared at Luhan in shock, speechless.

 

"I love you, Jung Yoomi."

 

Yoomi pulled her arm out of his grasp. She took a step backwards and shook her head.

 

"Why?" she managed to say.

 

Luhan felt his heart drop for a second time that day.

 

"Yoomi ah," Luhan said softly.

 

"I'm sorry," Yoomi said as she turned around and ran into her room, locking the door behind her.

 

Luhan watched Yoomi run back into her room. He stumbled backwards and let out a little laugh as tears streamed down his cheeks. A sad smile appeared on his lips.

 

"Yoomi," he whispered.

 

His back hit the wall behind him and he fell onto the floor, staring at her door in disbelief.

 

"Yoomi," he whispered again.

 

He clutched onto his chest and cried.

 

It hurts, it hurts more than when she left me. Yoomi ah. Don't do this to me. I beg you.

 

Yoomi sat on her bed and stared at the wall that she had already looked at so many times.

 

"Yoomi."

 

She could hear Luhan whisper her name. Unwanted tears streamed down her cheeks. Yoomi held onto the blankets and shook her head.

 

You don't love me Luhan. If I had a different background, if I came from a rich family, then you would've never loved me. I know.

 

Yoomi hit her chest.

 

 

   

I can't be your happiness, I'll bring nothing but pain to you. I'm scared. I don't know how to love someone. No one's ever showed me true love.

 

Tears streamed down her cheeks like a never ending river.

 

I'm sorry, Luhan. I'm scared that I'll hurt you. I'm scared to be hurt, again.


 

End of Chapter Twenty