18 Her Past

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Eighteen

~Her Past~

 

Yoomi walked to her seat and sat down. She smiled and looked forward. People acknowledged her and were less imitated of her, now that she looked like her normal self.

 

Mrs. Kim Jinah started the lesson of the day.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Luhan looked at the first page which was her profile. He scanned through it since he knew most of it already. He picked up the "report" that was done on Yoomi.


 

 

August 1, 2013

Jung Yoomi lives with her parents. She is seventeen years old at the moment. She currently works three jobs at the moment: sews teddy bears, delivers milk and newspapers, and works at Han's Food Market. Miss Jung is the first in her class with a perfect GPA. Schedule:

2:40 am - Wake up.

3:00 am - Deliver milk and newspapers.

5:00 am - Go home and make breakfast for parents. Get ready for school.

6:00 am - Sew teddy bears.

7:30 am - Leave for school.

4:30 pm - Start shift at Han's Food Market.

11:30 pm - Shifts end.

12:00 am - Sleep.

 

 

August 24, 2013

Jung Yoomi fainted while walking home at 11: 36 pm. We brought her to the hospital and the cause was exhaustion and malnutrition. We paid for her hospital bills and sent her home before her parents found out.

She was scolded for being late to make breakfast for her parents.

She was cornered at school during lunch by a group of girls. They took her money and ripped her books. They beat her until she was unconscious. A teacher brought her to the infirmary.

She was beat at home for her ripped books and torn uniform. Her parents took away the savings that she had under her bed. It seemed to have been for her lunch.

She cleaned all the bedsheets before leaving to deliver milk and newspapers.

        


 

Luhan shook his head and leaned back into his chair. He closed his eyes and imagined a seventeen year old Yoomi suffering through all of this. He wondered why she was even still sane.

 

I can't believe this all happened to her. These people deserve to be put in jail. If Nai Nai had this much evidence, then why didn't she take them to court?

 

He skipped ahead a few pages.


 

 

January 29, 2014   

We did as you said. We talked to Yoomi's parents, telling them that if they continued to treat her this way then we would take them to court. They told us to back off and the next time they saw us, Miss Jung would no longer be apart of this world. We decided to back off for now and observe some more and negotiate with them so we can take Miss Jung away from them safely.

 

 

Luhan's mouth opened in shock.

 

H-how can they say that about their daughter?

 

Luhan was almost in tears. He couldn't take it anymore. He skipped a few more pages.


 

 

May 12, 2014

Miss Jung was found out by her parents that she was saving money for college. She was beat and her money was taken away. I believe the total was almost 5,000,000 won. Miss Jung was locked in the closet near the living room for the rest of the night. Mr. Han, the owner of Han's Food Market, called in to the Jung's to see if Miss Jung was alright because she did not show up to work.

Miss Jung has been in the closet all day without any food to eat. Her parents have gone shopping with Miss Jung's hard earned money that she saved for college.

 

May 25, 2014

Miss Jung has graduated from high school. She still holds the top spot of her class. Mrs. Lee has given Miss Jung a laptop for a graduation present. Her parents did not attend the graduation, yet Miss Jung is still able to smile. Miss Jung has been given the day off from Han's Food Market.

 


 

Luhan skipped to the last page.


 

 

July 27, 2014

We have successfully kidnapped Miss Jung from her home. While the others were bringing Miss Jung to the Lu Mansion I negotiated with her parents. I paid them 5 million won like you said and and told them that we will continue to pay them in the future. They agreed. We are now on our way to the Lu Mansion.

 


 

Luhan closed the folder and sighed.

   

You had such a hard life Yoomi. You really were living in Hell. You were supposed to have a better life when we took you here, but you were treated bad again, by me. I'm so sorry Yoomi. I didn't know.

 

He closed his eyes and shook his head.

 

I have to be better to her. Yoomi's not like her. Yoomi really is different. She is my wife. I have to treat her better.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

    The lesson for the day ended and all the students scurried out of the classroom. Yoomi put her books in her bag. Jinah walked up to Yoomi and sat down on the chair next to Yoomi’s.

 

    “I’m glad that you decided to talk,” she said.

 

    Yoomi looked at Jinah and smiled. She nodded.

 

    “It feels strange. I never really talked for a while now,” Yoomi said.

 

    “Is there a reason why?” Jinah asked.

 

    Yoomi’s expression darkened.

 

    “I-It’s a long story really.”

 

    Jinah nodded.

 

    Yoomi wanted to change to subject.

 

    “So...do you get along with EXO well?” Yoomi asked.

 

    Jinah smiled at the mention of EXO.

 

    “Yeah, they’re like my little kids,” Jinah smiled. “They are just so immature at times.”

 

    Yoomi smiled. Jinah looked at her watch.

 

    “Oh? Looks like you better get going. D.O.’s probably waiting,” Jinah said.


    Yoomi nodded.

 

End of Chapter Eighteen

 



Author's Note:

I am writing a book. I hopw all goes well and I will be able to publish it.

I've posted the first chapter. I hope that you will support me and give me advice.

Be my beta readers? ^^

Please? :)

The story is called : Secret