24 My Mimi

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Twenty-Four

~My Mimi~

 

Yoomi was sitting on her bed reading a book. The doctor had just left telling her that she needs more rest. Yoomi was bored. She wanted to go out to the world of Seoul and explore it, but she never had the time. She was now stuck and confined in this room. Was this life really better than her old one? Yoomi sighed as she closed her book. The door to her room opened, revealing a covered up Luhan. He was wearing a jacket with sweatpants. Yoomi looked at him with a stoic face expression. He was wearing a scarf that was covering half his face. Yoomi could tell that he was smiling through his eyes.

 

Luhan walked into her closet. He came back out moments later with some clothes and a jacket. He set the clothes on Yoomi’s legs.

 

"Get dressed, we’re going somewhere," Luhan said.

 

Luhan left her room. Wasn’t she supposed to be resting? That question came to her mind, but she did not mind at all. She wanted to leave this room and get some fresh air. She picked up the clothes and got dressed. She was wearing something very similar to what Luhan was wearing.

 

Couple outfits?

 

Unknowingly a small, but noticeable smile stretched upon her lips. She began walking towards the white living room. Luhan was standing in front of the same painting that he was standing in front of a few mornings ago. Yoomi quietly walked up to Luhan. Luhan seemed to be too into the painting before him, for he did not notice Yoomi’s presence.

 

"L-Luhan," Yoomi said quietly.

 

Her voice was muffled by her scarf. Luhan’s head snapped to the side. His eyes were wide opened.

 

"That was fast," he smiled.

 

She said my name, Luhan thought in awe.

 

Yoomi nodded and just stood there. Luhan smiled big. He grabbed her hand and began walking out of the mansion.

 

"Let’s go," he beamed.

 

Go where?

 

They both reached outside. Luhan walked to the passenger side of his car and opened the door for Yoomi. Yoomi got in and sat down. Luhan ran to the other side and got in. He started the car and began driving.

 

"Do you have anywhere you want to go in particular?" Luhan asked suddenly.

 

Yoomi was confused.

 

I thought he was taking me somewhere he wanted to go.

    

 

 

"I know that you probably hate being imprisoned in the same room all day, so I’m taking you out for some fresh air today," Luhan smiled.

    

 

 

Yoomi smiled.

 

He’s so sweet. You’re going to live with him for the rest of your life Yoomi.

    

 

 

"So...got a place in mind?" Luhan asked again.

 

Since it was still the morning Yoomi thought of something that would be nice for the both of them.

 

"A warm drink would be nice," Yoomi said quietly, almost in a whisper, but Luhan still caught it.

 

He smiled and was happy that she actually responded. Maybe today would be a good time to have some bonding time.

 

"Okay~!" Luhan yelled excited. "To the Cafe with my Mimi," Luhan smiled at the nickname.

 

My Mimi.

 

Yoomi’s heart fluttered at those words. Despite the cold weather, her heart felt warm. A tint of pink appeared on her cheeks as she hid her smile behind her scarf.

 

My Mimi.

 

They arrived to a small cafe. The name was: MJ Cafe.

 

Yoomi looked at the cafe. Her eyes widened. This was her favorite cafe. The coffee was cheap, but tasted the best. Luhan smile at her expression.

 

"Have you been here before?" Luhan asked.

 

Yoomi nodded, looking like a little girl, since she was covered from head to toe. The top half of her face was the only thing that showed.

 

"Do you know who owns this cafe?" Luhan asked.

 

Yoomi looked at Luhan and shook her head.

 

"Minseok," Luhan smiled. "The M stands for Minseok and the J stands for Jinah."

 

Yoomi smiled at the mention of the nice couple and nodded to tell Luhan that she understood. Luhan got out of the car first. Yoomi unbuckled herself and was about to open the door, but Luhan beat her to it. Luhan gestured for her to step out of the car. He closed the car door and locked his car with a beep. Luhan held out his arm to Yoomi. Yoomi looked at it and quietly sighed. She walked past Luhan, ignoring his offer of linking arms. Luhan slightly pouted, but nonetheless picked up his spirits again.

 

I'll have you holding my hand by the end of the day, Luhan thought determined.

 

Luhan jogged the little distance between the both of them. He opened the door for Yoomi. She walked in after slightly bowing to Luhan for a "thank you". Luhan smiled and followed Yoomi into the cafe. They both walked up to the counter. Luhan cleared his throat to get the attention of the man standing at the counter who had his back towards them. The cashier turned around. His eyes widened at the two people standing before him.

 

"Oh! Hyung, you came?" the boy asked with twinkling eyes.

 

Luhan smiled and nodded. The boy's gaze went to Yoomi. He smiled brightly.

 

"You came too? Quiet cheonsa," the boy asked.

 

Yoomi looked at the boy and nodded. Luhan's eyebrows furrowed at the new nickname.

 

"Quiet cheonsa?" Luhan asked.

 

"Yeah, like those angels that have wings and fl-," the boy said.

 

"I know what it means, Jaebum," Luhan snapped.

 

"Woah, woah. I didn't mean to offend you," Jaebum laughed. "And it's JB to you, mister."

 

Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

I guess she's a frequent customer.

 

"Whatever, just take our orders. Jaebum," Luhan said.

 

This time JB rolled his eyes.

 

"Fine, what do you want," he asked.

 

"Is that how you treat your customers?" Luhan scoffed.

 

"Nope, only you," JB stuck his tongue out at Luhan.

 

Luhan laughed. JB looked back and forth from Luhan and Yoomi.

 

"By the way, why are the two of you together?" JB asked.

 

Yoomi tensed up at the question. This went unnoticed by JB, but not by Luhan. The little gesture and things that Yoomi did make Luhan's heart flutter, but also crack it little by little. She still hasn't fully accepted this whole marriage thing. Luhan forced a smile as he tried to act happy.

 

"We're close friends," Luhan said.

 

"Close?" JB asked with a raised eyebrow. "How come I never saw you two together before?"

 

Luhan rolled his eyes again.

 

"Just take our orders Jaebum. We have some stuff to do today," Luhan said impatiently.

 

"Okay, okay. What do you want?" JB asked.

 

"A caramel macchiato," Luhan said.

 

JB nodded.

 

"Okay, two caramel macchiatos comin' up," JB said as he typed in the orders on the screen in front of him.

 

"Hey, I only ordered one, and you still didn't ge-"

 

"Quiet Cheonsa always orders a caramel macchiato when she comes. Am I right Quiet Cheonsa?" JB asked as he looked at Yoomi.

 

Yoomi nodded. JB smirked at Luhan.

 

"I guess I'm a closer friend to her since you don't even know what she likes to drink."

    

 

 

Luhan took in JB's words.

 

He's right. I know about what Yoomi went through in the past, but I don't even know the most basic things about her. What her favorite color is, movie, song, book?

 

Luhan sighed and handed his card to JB to swipe it. JB handed the card back to Luhan with a smile.

 

"I was just kidding Hyung. Quiet Cheonsa is all yours, but if you hurt her, then I'm coming for you," JB joked. "She's like my little sister."

 

Luhan softened at those words. He knew what JB said were true and genuine like JB's heart.

 

JB had lost his little sister in a car wreck a few years ago. His sister was about Yoomi's age. And strange enough Yoomi had a resemblance of JB's sister, quiet, innocent, and beautiful.

 

Luhan nodded and smiled.

 

"I won't hurt her," Luhan said truthfully.

 

 

End of Chapter Twenty-Four



Author's Note

Hey! I wanted to sincerely thank all of you who are reading this.

All of your comments make me happy whenever I'm down.

Whenever I have a frown on my face, a smile replaces it once I see a comment.

You are my strength to keep writing. 

Thank you some much. Perfect Readers. ^^

Oh, and I updated early today. :)