31 Get Used It

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Thirty-One

~Get Used To It~

Yoomi and Luhan were on their way home after eating lunch with the others. It was quiet in the car between them. It was no longer that weird awkward silence, but that nice and comfortable silence.

 

Luhan was the happiest he could ever be. The person that he loved, loved him back. He was content that she was by his side. He stopped at a red light and looked down to his right. Yoomi was asleep. Her chest slowly moved up and down as she took in slow and steady breaths. Her pink lips were closed. Her long eyelashes brushed against her skin. Luhan observed every little detail about her.

 

She's so beau-

 

BEEP!!!

 

Luhan jumped and looked forward. The light had turned green. He stepped on the gas pedal and drove on in embarrassment.

 

Pay attention next time!

 

"You were, to Yoomi."

 

"Shut up conscience."

 

They reached the mansion. Yoomi was still asleep. Luhan smiled as he quietly got out of the car. He slowly closed the door and jogged over to Yoomi's side. He opened the door and unseatbelted her. He looked at her. His eyes widened when he realized how close they were. He blinked multiple times before shaking his head. He carefully picked her up, trying to not wake her. He gently closed the car door and walked into the mansion with Yoomi in his arms.

 

He made his way into the mansion. Maids and butlers came to greet him, but Luhan shushed them and urged them to continue their work. Luhan made his way up the stairs. He stopped in front of her room and looked at her door for a while. He looked down at Yoomi who was still sleeping peacefully in his arms and began walking down the hall to the last door. He opened the door and walked in, closing it behind him with his foot. It was his bedroom.

 

He walked to his bed and set her down. He took off her shoes and placed the blanket over her. This was the first time that Luhan had ever let anyone sleep on his bed or even touch it. He never let the maids clean or make his bed, he always did it himself. He was sensitive to smell, so he had to do it a certain way. But now, Yoomi laid in his bed. Her scent was on it, yet it didn't bother him one bit.

 

Luhan brought a chair up to the bed and sat beside the sleeping Yoomi, watching her sleep. He looked at her hand and held it between the both of his. He gently rubbed her hands and looked at her again. He smiled and rested his head next to their intertwined hands.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Yoomi felt someone holding her hand. She slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes slightly widened.

 

This isn’t my room.

 

She looked down to her left and saw Luhan sleeping. He was sitting on the chair with his head rested on the bed. She smiled.

 

So, it’s your room.

 

Yoomi laid down so that she was facing Luhan. She smiled as she watched him sleep. She inched closer and closer towards him. She brought her lips up to his forehead and kissed him. She moved back and rested her head in front of his.

 

“I love you.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

 

Luhan's alarm clock rang.

 

"Yah! Hyung, where were-"

 

*GASP*

 

Luhan groaned and shifted his position into a more comfortable one.

 

"Who is it?" he mumbled.

 

"Lu hyung!" that deep voice yelled again.

 

"Argh! What?!" Luhan yelled as he sat straight up and looked towards the door.

Chanyeol was standing at the door with his eyes wide opened.

 

"Y-Your hands," Chanyeol pointed towards the direction of Luhan's bed.

 

Luhan eyebrows furrowed and looked down to his bed. Yoomi was stil asleep. She was holding onto Luhan's hand, yet he didn't notice till now.

 

"DID SHE ACCEPT YOUR FEELINGS?!!"Chanyeol beamed excitedly.

 

Luhan's eyes widened as he looked back up at Chanyeol.

 

"Shut up! You'll wake her," Luhan shushed Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol smiled mischievously before leaving the room. Luhan quickly reached out to his alarm clock and turned it off. He sat down on the chair again and looked at Yoomi and at their hands. He smiled and looked back at Yoomi. He brushed her bangs out of her face. Yoomi suddenly opened her eyes like a curious cat and stared up at Luhan. Luhan's eyes widened as he staggered backward, causing his chair to scratch against the floor.

 

"Y-You were awake?" he asked.

 

Yoomi sat up in bed and smiled.

 

"Good morning, Lulu."

 

Luhan blushed as the sudden use of his nickname.

 

"O-Oh, g-good morning," he stuttered.

 

Yoomi's head tilted to the side and she smiled again until her eyes became crescents. She looked just like a cute little kitten. Luhan's cheeks fired up, seeing how cute she was in the morning.

 

"Are you hungry?" she asked.

 

Luhan slowly nodded.

 

She climbed out of bed and walked towards him. Luhan stood up and towered over her. Yoomi cranked her neck to look up at him and reached up to his hair. She put some of his crazy hair in the right place and looked at him in the eyes.

 

"I'll go make you some breakfast then."

 

Yoomi turned to walk out of his room, but was stopped by a sudden back hug from Luhan.

 

"Thank you," he breathed out. "I was afraid that yesterday was all just a dream."

Yoomi felt Luhan's strong arms around her, as if he were afraid that this right now was a dream. She rubbed his arms to reassure him.

 

"It's okay. I'm right here," Yoomi whispered.

 

Luhan smiled and held her tighter.

 

"Thank you so much for loving me," he said.

 

"I should be the one thanking you for letting me walk into your life, Luhan."

 

Luhan's smile grew as happy tears threatened to fall. He buried his face into her neck and took in her scent.

 

"I love you so much," he said.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EXO, Nai Nai, and Yoomi were all sitting at the dinner table looking at the breakfast set out before them.

 

"Y-You made all of this, Yoomi?" D.O. asked.

 

The whites of his eyes were eve more visible with his widened eyes.

 

Yoomi shook her head.

 

"T-the maids helped me," she said.

 

Two maids in the room stepped forward.

 

"We did nothing but hand her the ingredients needed, she made everything," one of them said.

 

"Yes, Miss Yoomi shi cooked all of the food on the table."

 

Yoomi looked down at her hands. She was shy and scared that they wouldn't like the food that she had prepared.

 

"You're awesome, Mimi!" Baekhyun yelled down the table.

 

"It smells great, Mi," Kris said.

 

Mi? Okay, people need to stop giving her nicknames. Hmph! I need to come up with one that no one will use! Luhan pouted.

   

Yoomi looked at Luhan. She gently placed her hand on his'."

 

"Luhan, are you okay?" her soft voice asked.

 

Luhan looked up and noticed that everyone was staring at the both of them, even the two maids. Luhan smiled mischievously and shook his head.

 

"It's nothing...Jagiya."

 

Yoomi's eyes slightly widened. Gagging and coughing was heard down the table. Tao, Sehun, and Kai were gagging due to the cheesiness of Luhan's voice. Suho was choking on his orange juice.

 

"Please, not so early Luhan," Suho coughed. Lay began to pat his back.

 

Luhan smirked and lifted his right hand that was now holding onto Yoomi's.

 

"We're getting married, so get used to it!”

End of Chapter Thirty-One



Author's Note:

Support my book here! ^^

Happy Halloween~