35 Angry

The Perfect Bride (Rewriting)

Chapter Thirty-Five

~Angry~

They ordered their drinks and their food. Yoomi leaned in towards Luhan and whispered into his ear.

 

"I'll be right back. I'm going to the restroom," she said.

 

Luhan looked up at her and smiled as he nodded. Yoomi smiled back and stood up, excusing herself. She walked into the bathroom that was at the other end of the restaurant. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.

 

This really is your life, Yoomi. Who would've known that you'd ever be this happy? she smiled to herself.

 

But, part of her was scared, happiness didn't last forever. Especially this kind of happiness.

 

She washed her hands and splashed some water onto her face. She dried her face and hands. She walked out of the bathroom. A sudden hand grabbed onto her arm, pulling her into a hallway. She looked at the person, panicked. Her eyes slightly widened as she felt her heartbeat race in fear. She tried to pull her arm back, but the person only held onto her tighter.

 

"Let go of me, Yoon Jaehwa," she said in a deathy tone.

 

His eyes filled up with sadness.

 

"You never used to talk to me like that, Yoomi," he spoke softly.

 

Yoomi scoffed.

 

"That was before I really knew who you were," she said.

 

"Yoomi, please. Just give me some time to explain everything to you."

 

"You were desperate for money, weren't you," she asked.

 

He looked down in shame.

   

"I-I was broke. The loan sharks were going to kill me if I didn't give them the money-"

   

"Well, you're still alive now, aren't you? Or did you sell someone else?" her eyes narrowed down on him.

 

He shook his head.

 

"No, I-I called the police."

 

Yoomi let out a little laugh. Tears were forcing their way up.

 

"Why didn't you call them before?" she choked on her tears, "Was I such a terrible person that I just had to be gone from the real world?" she asked.

 

Jaehwa shook his head as he stepped forward.

   

"No, Yoomi, it isn't like that. I loved you and I still do."

 

"You loved me enough the sell me off?" she asked angry.

 

She pulled her arm out of his grasp, harshly.

 

"Yoomi. I love you. Give me a chance to prove it."

 

"No," she shook her head, "I already have someone that I love. And he's much better than you. You can't compare to him. He actually loves me and cares for me, unlike you."

 

Her words were venomous.

 

Jaehwa stared at her for a while.

 

"You're lying," he said.

 

Yoomi shook her head.

 

"You don't believe me?" she asked.

 

"I don't."

 

Jaehwa held onto her shoulders and pushed her onto a wall. Her eyes widened in shock as she saw Jaehwa lean in towards her with his head tilted to the side. She mustered up all her strength and pushed him away, hard. He hit the wall behind him. The tears that she had tried so hard to keep in fell down. She stared at him in shock, feeling frozen in her spot. Jaehwa looked up at her, angry. He grabbed onto her arm. She winced as his gripped tightened. He pushed her up against the wall again.

 

"You haven't had your first kiss, have you?" he smirked.

 

Yoomi's eyes widened, as he attempted to do what he was going to do in the first place. She wanted to push him away again, but he was holding tightly onto both of her arms.

   

"I hate you," she said.

 

She brought her knee up and kicked him in his family jewels. She pushed him away and winced again as the both of her arms ached. He fell onto the ground and grunted. Yoomi was disgusted by him and just wanted to run. And so, she did. She ran towards the front of the restaurant, forgetting the reason why she was there in the first place. Her tears blinded her vision. She ran into someone and looked up. Her eyes widened.

 

"L-Luhan," she choked on her tears.

 

She looked to her left and noticed EXO, Minho, Jinah, Nai Nai, Jason, and Jungwoo all staring at her. They were the only ones in this part of the restaurant. She looked back to Luhan. He brought his hand up to her cheek and wiped her fallen tears.

 

"What's wrong?" he asked concerned. "Why were you running?"

 

"Jung Yoomi!" a deep voice yelled.

 

Yoomi's eyes widened in fear as she turned to look back.

   

Jaehwa came running towards her, but stopped when he saw her in the arms of Luhan. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

 

Yoomi immediately hid behind Luhan. She was shaking as more tears began to fall. She held onto the back of his shirt tight. EXO stood up and glared at Jaehwa.

 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Kris asked.

 

Jaehwa look at the scared Yoomi, then to Luhan. He scoffed.

 

"Have you become a gold digger, Yoomi?" Jaehwa asked.

 

Yoomi's eyes widened. Everyone could feel anger rise in them, even Minho, Nai Nai, Jason, and Jinah. Jungwoo didn't really know what Jaehwa was talking about, but he too was angry. He didn't like it when someone talked bad about his Noona. Luhan smirked.

 

"I guess you're Yoon Jaehwa. The bastard that hurt my wife."

 

Yoomi's grip on Luhan's shirt tightened.

 

Jaehwa's eyes widened.

 

"W-Wife?" he asked in shock.

 

"Were not official yet, but in less than three weeks, we will be," Luhan said.

 

Jaehwa's hands balled up into fists.

 

"She's not even a loyal bit-"

 

Luhan ran forwards and punched Jaehwa straight across the face. Jaehwa fell onto the ground. Yoomi's eyes widened as she ran towards him, but Jinah held her back. EXO and Minho went over to break up the two. Luhan was sitting on Jaehwa as he began punching him in the face continuously.

 

"You bastard! Hurting her wasn't enough was it?!!! Well, let me tell you! I'll make you suffer for the rest of your life!!! I control the business world! I'll make sure that you'll never live a peaceful life ever again!!!"

 

Minho and Xiumin pulled Luhan off of Jaehwa. Restaurant staff began filling into the room. Luhan fought against Minho's and Xiumin's grasps.

 

"Let me go! Let me give that bastard a taste of his own medicine!"

 

No one went to help Jaehwa, as he just lay there whimpering in pain. Even the restaurant staff weren't helping him.

 

Jinah held onto Yoomi's arm, worried. Yoomi winced, causing Jinah's eyes to widened. Her eyes traveled down to Yoomi's arms as she pulled up her sleeves. Yoomi tried to pull her arm back, but Jinah held onto her hand, firmly. Red marks were visible on Yoomi's arms. Red hand marks. Jinah looked up at Yoomi, worried.

 

"Did he do this to you?" she asked, making everyone quiet down and look at Jinah and Yoomi.

 

Yoomi looked down as she began to cry again. Luhan's eyes widened as they landed on Yoomi's red arms. He pushed Minho and Xiumin off of him and ran towards her. He held onto her arms, gently and observed them.

 

"Did he hurt you?" he asked worried.

 

Yoomi didn't say anything as she just continued to cry. Luhan let go of her arms and was about to run back to Jaehwa and beat him again, but Yoomi held onto Luhan's arm.

 

"C-can we go home?" she quietly sobbed..

 

Luhan softened at her words. He nodded and hugged her. He placed his right hand on the back of her head, bringing her closer to him.

 

"Okay, let's go home."

 

Luhan led Yoomi out of the restaurant as he took one last glare at Jaehwa, making sure to remember his face, forever.


End of Chapter Thirty-Five