The Crying Hearts

Without You

= Shin Aegi =

 

I was making blueberry cake and waiting for the cake to be finished when my mind came back to what had happened a week ago on my wedding day after we got back from the hospital.

 

"Let's divorce after everything is done." Doojoon said, earning him my widened eyes.

 

I couldn't believe with what he had said. Divorce?

 

"What?"

 

Doojoon turned his face to the front. His face looked stern. "I'll set you free. There's no point on this marriage if you're doing it just because of my mom. Besides, you're in love with someone else."

 

I just looked at him as he pulled the hand break. Somehow, I felt something stabbed in my heart as I heard him said so.

 

"I promise not to touch you or doing anything to you." He dropped his gaze. "So just wait."

 

"Ya, Yoon Doojoon. Don't talk nonsense." I scolded him.

 

Doojoon looked at me with his cold eyes. Somehow I could see that he was hurting inside.

 

"I'm not talking nonsense, Aegi." He said then paused. He looked at the steer. "I don't need your pity because of my mom." He turned off the car, took off the key and came out from the car.

 

I just looked at him and just plopped my self back to the seat then released a sigh. I didn't know what mad him to be this stubborn. I clicked my tongue then came out from the car.

 

The ding sound from the oven broke my thought. I looked at the oven and took the glove then took the cake out from the oven. I put the cake to the plate and looked at it.

 

"What should I do with you now?" I mumbled to the cake then took the knife to cut the outer layer of the cake. I started to make vanilla cake.

 

After I was done with the cake, I took it out and arranged the cake on the display case. The door bell rang and a waitress greeted the customer. I didn't bother to look up since I was busy with the cakes. But then, I saw a pair of feet came right to me. I looked up and saw Junhyung stood by the counter.

 

"Hy." He said with his lopsided smile.

 

I smiled at him and straightened my body. "What are you doing here, Yong Junhyung?"

 

"Buying cake." He said.

 

I chuckled slightly.

 

"Is that vanilla cake?" He said as he pointed the cake that I just put on the display case.

 

I nodded. "Yes."

 

"I'll take that and a hot tea." He said but he hadn't finished. "And I'll take you too."

 

I frowned in confusion with his last sentence. "Me?"

 

Junhyung's expression became serious. "I need to talk with you."

 

And somehow I felt that he wouldn't take 'no' as the answer.

 

A moment later, I came to his table, bringing a tray with vanilla cake and hot tea that he ordered. I put the cake and the tea on the table then sat across of him.

 

"What's the matter?" I asked Junhyung as he drank the tea.

 

Junhyung put the cup on table then looked at me. "I think I supposed to be the one that give the question to you."

 

I frowned again, confused with what he meant.

 

Junhyung took the fork. "What's the matter with you and Doojoon?" He asked as he cut a small piece of the cake and ate it.

 

 

 

= Yong Junhyung =

 

Aegi seemed to be taken back as I asked about her and Doojoon. Her expression changed and she dropped her gaze. To see her attitude, I was sure that something was definitely happened between them. Aegi could tell lies to me, but I knew which ones were her lies or the truth.

 

When Aegi and Doojoon came back to the wedding venue from the hospital, I noticed that they were seemed to put distance between them. To be exact, Doojoon seemed to make distance with Aegi and never tried to look at her. Even though he might try to be nice to her but Doojoon seemed to put distance between him and Aegi. I didn't know what had happened. But I would try to find out.

 

"No. Nothing happens." Aegi gave me a reply.

 

I just heaved a sigh when I heard her reply. But I could respect her. Probably she thought that she could handle the problem on her own. So I let her be.

 

"Okay." I paused. "But if you need someone to talk to, just remember that I'm available all the time for you."

 

Aegi smiled. "Thanks, Junhyung."

 

"And how's Ahjumma?"

 

Aegi leaned forward as she rested her elbows on the table. "She's not good either. Her condition gets worse but she still tries to hold on." She said with sad expression as she dropped her gaze.

 

I knew that Aegi was honestly worried about Doojoon's mom. And sometimes I got jealous with Doojoon because of that. He had her and he had her concerns toward his family. I knew that Aegi was the daughter-in-law on Doojoon’s family. But for long, they had treated her as their own daughter.

 

It wasn’t that my own family didn’t close with Aegi. My mom liked her and my younger brother used to play with her. But I guessed they didn’t favor her a lot like how Gikwang’s mom or Doojoon’s mom favored her.

 

I raised my hand and patted her head. “Everything will be alright.” I said as she looked up at me. I lowered my hand and gave her my smile. “I can guarantee it for you.”

 

Aegi chuckled and tucked her hair back to her ear. “You know what, Yong Junhyung.” She scoffed jokingly. “You’re really one over-confident guy sometimes.”

 

I chuckled to her words. “Yeah, but you are always be the one who tear them down.” I added jokingly.

 

She giggled. But then, she looked around as her co-worker called her. She looked back at me. “It’s a new training patisserie. I need to train him since I’m the one in charged here now.” She released a sigh. “Enjoy your cake, Junhyung.” She stood up and walked away.

 

I just saw her walking away with a smile plastered on my face. Aegi never failed to make me smiled even if she had married with Doojoon. And I hated to see her sad or cry.

 

I released a sigh and looked out through the window.

 

I guess I still loved her.

 

 

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

I came home from the hospital late at night. As usual, I went straight from my practice to the hospital. I already did that since I returned to my club for training. I just took a week break for my wedding.

 

Actually I was taken two weeks of break from my soccer activities. But since many things happened recently, I just couldn’t stand not to do anything. So I decided to end my break earlier and returned to the club. My clubmates teased me because I was returning earlier. I just laughed but I was sure that they were all knew that I didn’t actually enjoy my vacation since my mom’s condition.

 

And about Aegi…

 

I placed my sport bag on the sofa carefully and walked to the room where Aegi slept.

 

Ah, yeah… We were sleeping on the separate rooms. That was my promise to Aegi before I got married with her. I was determined not to touch her until I knew that her heart had turned to mine. But now, I was more determinated to be away from her.

 

But…

 

I opened her door silently and walked in. She had slept, I knew. And I didn’t intend to wake her up. I knew that she was tired since now she was in charged to run the café that she was working at and there was a new patisserie there that she needed to be trained. She told me yesterday as we had our breakfast.

 

I walked toward her bed and stopped by her bed. I lowered my body and sat on the floor beside of her bed facing her. I just sat there and looked at her sleeping face.

 

Aegi was so innocently beautiful when she slept. She liked to sleep on one side. On her right side, to be precise. And she liked to slip her arm under her pillow or just put her hand on the side of her head. She never failed to make me smile whenever I saw her stirred in her sleep. She was so innocent and pure when she slept.

 

It had been almost a week since I silently came to her bedroom and just sat there watching her for hours without doing anything. I didn’t even dare to wake her up. I just sat and watched her sleeping.

 

I bent my knees and rested my elbows on my knees. I intertwined my fingers and brought the bridge that I made with my fingers to my lips.

 

Sometimes I wondered how it felt to lay down beside her. Sometimes I wondered if she would hug me if I slept beside her. And in countless times, I had regretted that I told her to divorce after everything had done.

 

To divorce with her…

 

It was the last thing that I wanted. I had fallen for Aegi and I loved her so much. But I couldn’t help to think about her true reason for marrying me and the fact that she loved Junhyung.

 

And also with the fact that my mom was getting weaker each day that passed by, I started to be afraid. I was afraid that I would reach the day when everything had done. Because, when that day came, I surely would lose two women that I treasured the most in my life.

 

I would lose my mom forever and I would lose Aegi too. And probably the friendship that we had built for years too.

 

I dropped my gaze as I felt my tears were built up on my eyes.

 

“God… please let Aegi be mine.” I muttered softly as a single tear escaped and rolled to my cheek.

 

Because I love Aegi and she has become my strength to live on.

 

---

Another update~

Hehehe~

And I repeatedly listen to K.Will & Tiffany's song, Girl Meets Love for this chapter~ >_<

And I dunno why I cried along when I write Doojoon's scene up there~ >_<

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^