Feelings

Without You

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

I was walking home with my groceries on my hands. It was my day off and I just bought ingredients for making the cake for Lee Omoni. I already had the idea for the decoration. And I also had asked Uncle Kim permission for using the store’s kitchen for baking the cake. He had agreed, knowing that Lee Omoni was also Appa’s friend when we still lived on the town.

 

I looked at my bag to see if I had bought all the things that I needed. I didn’t want to use the store’s ingredients for making the cake. Even though I was sure that Uncle Kim didn’t mind, but I just thought that it wasn’t proper for me to misuse his trust on me.

 

So, I already had Mangoes, Oranges, Strawberries, Grapes and Peaches on my bag. I also bought my own flour and sugar. So what else that I needed?

 

Then I heard a whistle sound. I stopped. I recognized the voice. It was a whistle voice for soccer match. I turned to look the source of the sound. It was coming from the soccer field that I passed. It seemed that there was a practice there. I turned my body to face the field.

 

I remembered that I used to play soccer along with Doojoon, Yoseob, Gikwang and Junhyung. Hyunseung joined us sometimes but on the most of the time he was too lazy to do sports. Dongwoon was a weakling when it came to sport but he never failed to try until he could join us playing soccer on our High School period.

 

I released a sigh. Ah, I miss to play soccer.

 

But then, I frowned as I saw familiar figure on the field.

 

It was Doojoon.

 

He was dribbling the ball to the other side then kicked to pass the ball to his friend. He looked so cool and charming at the same time. I never realized that Doojoon could look that cool. Probably it was because I never saw him from the sideline of the field like this. Usually I was busy looking at the ball than to notice about him. Then he was cheering and pumped his fist up as his friend managed to score the goal. And he turned…

 

But then, I guessed he had seen me as I saw his gaze was fixed on me and his smile bloomed.

 

Doojoon waved at me and I waved back at him. Then he looked at his friends telling them something. I didn’t know what they were talking about because they were quietly far from me. But I saw that they were looking at me and chuckling as they seemed to tease Doojoon. Doojoon said something to them then came approaching me.

 

“Aegi.” He greeted me as he arrived on the front of me. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m just passing by and I saw the soccer field.”

 

He smiled. “Do you miss it?”

 

I smiled. “I think I do.”

 

“Want to see?”

 

I tilted my head. “Can I?”

 

He nodded. “It’s just a practice match. I’m sure they don’t mind.”

 

I smiled then nodded. “Sure then.”

 

 

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

I passed the ball to my friend and watched him to do the score. And he managed. I cheered to see that he was managed to score as I raised my fist. And I wanted to go back to my side of field. But then I stopped as I caught a glimpse of familiar petite figure for me.

 

It was Aegi. And she was standing on the side of the field, watching at us playing soccer.

 

My smile bloomed as I saw her. I didn’t expect to see her here. I opened up my fist and waved at her. She smiled and waved back at me.

 

Gosh, but did my heart just fluttered with her smile?

 

“Is that your girlfriend?”

 

I heard one of my friends asked me. I looked at him. “Why?”

 

Then I heard all my friends started to tease me, wooing at me and chuckling.

 

“Aish, you’re all wrong. She’s my best friend. Not my girlfriend.” I told them then I went toward Aegi.

 

Actually, when my friend said that Aegi was my girlfriend, a part of me really wished that she was my girlfriend. But I didn’t know. I had known her as my best friend for life. I wasn’t sure that she would like me as a boyfriend.

 

“Aegi.” I stopped in the front of her.

 

She was cute. She was using this one piece dress with t-shirt and ¾ length jeans as her clothes. It was making her cuter. I had never seen her with her daily home clothes before.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m just passing by and I saw the soccer field.”

 

I knew that she used to play soccer with us. I smiled. “Do you miss it?”

 

Then a smile bloomed on her face. “I think I do.” She said as she frown her nose.

 

“Want to see?”

 

Then she tilted her head, making her cuter. “Can I?”

 

I nodded. “It’s just a practice match. I’m sure they don’t mind.” I was sure my soccer friends wouldn’t mind.

 

She smiled then nodded. “Sure then.”

 

“Come on.” I offered my hand to her.

 

She took my hand and I pulled her to the bench.

 

“Guys, this is Shin Aegi.” I introduced her to my soccer friends as I put my hands on her shoulders from behind. “She’s my best friend since we were kids. And she used to love playing soccer a lot with me.”

 

“Are you sure that you’re not dating?”

 

One of my soccer friends tried to tease me again. I glared at him. But Aegi just laughed to hear it and she made that gesture again, covering her lips as she laughed. Somehow I liked that gesture.

 

“How can I date him if I already know him inside out?” Aegi told them casually. “I even can see him without blushing.”

 

Ah, so the old Aegi is still there inside of her.I knew that she was joking. But okay, she had seen me before. Not just me, Junhyung, Hyunseung, Yoseob, Gikwang and Dongwoon too actually. She often bragged to our rooms without even care whether there was a cloth on us or not. Yet still, she could act so cool and calm after that. I grinned to the memories.

 

“See.” I told my friends. “So, let’s get back to practice.” I lowered my hands then walked to the front of Aegi. “Cheer on me, okay.”

 

Aegi raised her thumbs in agreement. I smiled then joined my friends on the field.

 

 

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

I watched as Doojoon back to his practice match with his friends. Even though it was just a practice match, but they seemed as serious as if they were playing the real match.

 

I smiled as I reminded Doojoon’s friend were chuckling and wooing at us. They had thought that we were dating. But I told them that we were not dating.

 

But then, seeing Doojoon playing soccer on the field, I was charmed by his charm and my eyes were fixed at him. He looked so cool. He used to be a little bit clumsy while he was dribbling the ball across the field. He also often missed his target when he kicked the ball. But now, I must to say that he had improved a lot.

 

I grinned as I saw him slipped when one of the opponent players tackled him. I stood up. “YA!! YOON DOOJOON!” I yelled. I didn’t even care if everyone was looking at me. “IF YOU DOWN AGAIN, I WON’T MAKE YOU CAKE ON YOUR BIRTHDAY EVER AGAIN!!”

 

“CAN YOU BE SWEETER THAN THAT AND SAY SOMETHING ENCOURAGING?!!”

 

“Won’t tell you any if you can’t score a goal!!” I pouted my lips and narrowed my eyes, acting as if I was sulking at him.

 

“Aish!!” He scratched the back of his head then quickly back to his feet and chased the ball.

 

Actually I did that on purpose. I wanted to see him did his best on soccer. And I thought I had succeeded as I saw him forced his way toward the goal and shot the ball into the net.

 

“Yes!” I cheered as I raised my fists.

 

 

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

After the practice, we were walking together as I walked her home. She looked so happy even if she didn’t have the chance to play soccer. I offered her but she refused. I didn’t know why she refused and I didn’t ask why.

 

“You’re great back there.” She told me with a big smile plastered on her face.

 

I smiled because of her praise. “Thank you.” Somehow I felt slight warm crept onto my face. Did I blush?

 

“I never know that you can be so cool like that.” She chuckled. “Ah, Yoon Doojoon had grown up.”

 

“Ya! Are you my mom or something?” I protested.

 

She just looked at me with her big naughty grin and her tongue stuck out on me. But then, I looked at the groceries bag that she had on her hand.

 

“What’s that?” I pointed at her groceries bag.

 

She looked at the bag and raised it to her eyes’ level. “This?” She asked. “The ingredient for Lee Omoni’s cake. Gikwang asked me to make a cake for her birthday tomorrow.”

 

“So you’ll be coming tomorrow?”

 

She looked back to the front and nodded. “Yes.”

 

And talking about cakes, I remembered about something suddenly. “Ya, Aegi.” I called her as we arrived on the front of her apartment’s door.

 

She looked back at me.

 

I cleared out my throat. “Since I managed to score a goal, can I ask you to do something?”

 

She stopped with her body facing at me. “Do what?”

 

I smiled lopsided.

 

“Can you call me Oppa?”

 

 

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

I widened my eyes as I heard his wish.

 

“Oppa?”He wants me to call him oppa? No way that I will call him oppa. “No way. You’re just a month older than me.” I turned and took out my keys, wanting to open my door.

 

“But I’m still older than you.”

 

“No way.” I inserted the key to the keyhole.

 

“Then…” He grabbed my arm and turned me to face him. “… I need you to do something for me.”

 

I tilted my head. “What?” I asked him. “As long as it’s not calling you oppa or something bad or something that disgrace the pride or…” I kept babbling until Doojoon put his pointing finger on my lips to stop me from talking.

 

“Just one thing, Aegi.”

 

He suddenly leaned closer to me. I flinched and closed my eyes. But then, the next thing that I knew, there was a peck on my forehead. I opened my eyes afterward.

 

Did he just plant a kiss on my forehead?

 

“Thank you for cheering me today, Aegi. And I’m glad that you’re back now.” He told me softly. “See you tomorrow. Good night.”

 

Doojoon smiled gently and walked away after that.

 

What did just happen?

 

Somehow my brain started to slow in processing the scene that just happened a while ago. I felt blush started to creep onto my face. I raised my hand and touched my forehead where the warmth of Doojoon’s lips was still lingered on my skin.

 

Did Doojoon just kiss me?

 

But why?

 

---

New chapter~ ^^

Eettooo~ I think some of you are confused about the who likes who. Well, I wish you can figure it out right now... but I'll try to explain without giving any spoilers for you.

Well, up until this chapter, definitely it's not Doojoon or Junhyung or Hyunseung or Yoseob or Dongwoon that Aegi likes... but just like that Junhyung stated on chapter 6 that it's Gikwang that Aegi likes back on their High School time. And about Gikwang's feeling toward Aegi... I won't discuss it right now since it'll give you spoilers if I said something about it. Meanwhile, up to this chapter, both of Junhyung and Doojoon start to feel something different from Aegi. But I think on this chapter Doojoon takes a step ahead of Junhyung, right? Hehe~ :P

But I hope I won't make you all confused about the characters relation here~ Enjoy the reading~ ^^

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~