Birthday

Without You

 

= Yong Junhyung =

 

I was helping Gikwang to prepare the table for big dinner outside the garden. Lee Omoni insisted us to join their family dinner for her birthday. So that was why Yoseob, Doojoon and Dongwoon were at the house right now, helping her to prepare the dinner. Gikwang told us that Aegi would come with Hyunseung a little later since Aegi would be bringing cake for Lee Omoni.

 

I guessed Gikwang didn’t tell his mom that Aegi had back to town and would come to her birthday later. So, the five of us kept it between us. It would be a surprise for Lee Omoni later.

 

I knew that Lee Omoni was closed with Aegi. She used to hush us away whenever Aegi needed her private moment. And I guessed Lee Omoni was the one that Aegi turned to when she got problem with her girl side. Haekyung, Gikwang’s little brother, used to complain that their mom was spoiling Aegi more than her own sons. So, no wonder if Lee Omoni was the one that shocked the most when Aegi moved out so sudden. It felt like she was letting a kid out of the house.

 

So I couldn’t wait to see how Lee Omoni reaction when she saw Aegi later.

 

…especially when she saw recent Aegi that had changed into a lady.

 

I smiled to the thought. Then I saw Dongwoon walked toward us as he turned off his phone. Both Gikwang and I looked at him.

 

“Hyunseung?” I asked him.

 

Dongwoon looked at me and nodded. “He needs to fill his car’s tank so he’ll be a little late.” He said as he put his phone back to his pocket.

 

Yoseob and Doojoon came to the dining table as they brought the vegetables and the raw meats to outside. We would have a barbeque party later. Doojoon stopped beside me and put the vegetable plate on the table.

 

“When will Aegi and Hyunseung come?” He asked.

 

“They stop at the gas station first.” Gikwang told him then went silent as he saw his mom walked out to the garden.

 

“Ah. This is the kimchi.” Lee Omoni put the kimchi plate on the table. She looked up to see us. “Hyunseung is not arrived yet?”

 

“He drops by on the gas station first, Omoni. So he’ll be a little bit late.” Dongwoon told her.

 

She looked understand. “But at the moment like this, I really wish that Aegi is here too with us.”

 

To hear what she said, the five of us started to look at each others and tried to hold our smile.

 

But then, Gikwang straightened his body and fished out his phone from the back pocket of his pants. He looked at the phone and smiled. He looked at me and mouthed me, “Noona,” then walked in.

 

I just looked at him as I frowned.

 

Did he just tell me that Aegi was calling him?

 

But why did he know her number?

 

 

 

= Lee Gikwang =

 

I quickly walked in as I got from Aegi Noona. I did told her to give me miscall when she had arrived outside our house. So I walked out to the front door to welcome her. I saw Hyunseung hyung’s car stopped in the front of our house. I smiled as I saw them came out from the car. Noona came to me with the cake box on her hands.

 

“Did we late?” She asked me as she handed me the cake box.

 

I shook my head and smiled at her. “No. We still not start yet.” I told her. “Come inside.”

 

We walked in and went to the yard. Hyunseung hyung walked on the front of us.

 

“Omoni~” He called my mom as we stepped on the garden where everyone were gathered.

 

My mom turned and she looked happy to see Hyunseung hyung. She gave him a warm hug as the guy came to her.

 

“Sorry that I’m late.” Hyunseung hyung told her. “I need to stop on the gas station first.”

 

“Ah, it’s fine.” Omma waved her hand. “The most important thing that you’re here now.” Then she turned her gaze toward me and Noona who stood side by side.

 

 

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

I just stood on the side of Gikwang as I saw Lee Omoni gave a warm welcome to Hyunseung. I smiled to see her. I realized that I missed her a lot. Omoni didn’t change. She still looked pretty and warm just like she used to be on my mind. Then she turned to look at me.

 

At first, she looked confused to see me. Then her eyes went wider and her lips went opened as a realization came to her mind. She looked happy and surprised.

 

“Aegi?!” She approached me and quickly embraced me.

 

“Hello, Omoni.” I greeted.

 

Omma pushed me apart as she held my arms then she looked at me from top to bottom and to top again. “Omona.” She said in surprised. “What happen with you? You look…” Omma became speechless.

 

“She looked pretty, right, Omoni?”

 

I heard Doojoon talked. I didn’t know that he already stood beside me. Probably because I was too focused to Omoni. But he just passed by and walked in to the house.

 

“Yes, she is.” Lee Omoni nodded in agreement then she looked back at me. “Oh my, you have changed. You look like a girl.”

 

I just smiled.

 

“Ah, Omma. Aegi noona made you a cake.” Gikwang told her as he showed her the cake box to his mom.

 

Omoni looked surprised again. She looked at the cake box on her oldest son’s hand and looked at me with widened eyes. “You bake?” She asked me as Gikwang walked to the dining table.

 

“Yes, I’m working as a patisserie now.”

 

“Ah, just like your father.” She said then she gave me a gentle and warm smile. “Thank you, Aegi-ah.” She touched my cheek then gave me a hug again. “I’m glad that you’re here.” She released her hug and rounded her arm on my arm. “Now, tell me everything about what happened to you after you left.”

 

Then she dragged me to the dining table. I had a conversation with her while the guys worked to prepare the dinner. Omoni even didn’t let me to help them. But she looked so happy to see me back to town. She kept on talking with me and asking me about my life after I left. Our conversation was cut by Lee Aboji and Haekyung as they came home. Both of them also surprised to see me with my recent appearance.

 

Well, I couldn’t blame them because I was away for few years and I had changed.

 

---

 

Another update~ and should I keep continue??

Enjoy this chapter as for now~ and I'm off to write new chapter~

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~