The Beginning

Without You

= Shin AeGi =

 

*Bamm*

 

"A~!"

 

Hard wood surface that hit my back and my head made me woke up from my slumber. I found my self already lying on the floor beside of my bed. I thought I just fell from my bed. But indeed I was falling from my bed. I sat up beside of my bed with my sleepy eyes as I rubbed my head and yawning.

 

What time is it?

 

I asked the question inside my mind since I saw the sun light already peeked from my window curtain. I stretched out my hand to reach out the alarm clock at my bed side table. I took the clock and looked at it.

 

Hum… the longest needle was pointing at number 8 and the shorter one almost pointed at number 9. So it meant that it was 8.40 AM in the morning already.

 

I almost put back the cute pink hello kitty clock on the table as my brain was slowly processed the time. But then I gasped with the realization of the time. I looked back to the clock.

 

Omo! It’s almost 9??!! I’m late!!

 

I quickly tossed the alarm clock to my bed and got up from the floor. I needed to prepare very quickly because I was already late.

 

Well, it was not my fault to sleep very late last night. Suddenly I found this photo book of mine from my school days. I couldn’t believe how tomboy I used to be.

 

My hair was shorter back then, probably as short as a boy could get. I dressed like a boy. All the clothes at my drawer were all t-shirts and pants. I didn’t even have any girl’s clothes, except for my school uniforms. I liked to climb the trees, did boyish sports and even fought with other boys. Everything about me was just like a boy.

 

Until finally, I happened to fall in love with one of them on the last year of my high school years.

 

Yes, I was falling in love with one of them. But I couldn’t blame them.

 

They were grown up as handsome guys and charming too with their own ways. They were famous in both junior high and High school. Many girls were fell for them and confessed but many of them were rejected. And I was sure that many of their fans were envious at me because I was so close with them. But none of them would dare to bother me since my reputation as boyish girl that good in fight. Even the guys wouldn’t dare to mess up with me.

 

But then because of him, I changed.

 

I looked at my own reflection on the mirror.

 

Yes, I had changed.

 

My hair was longer because I kept it long. I lost all my baby fat and a lot of weight. I was slender back then, but my cheeks were so chubby. When I lost weight, it made my chubby cheeks became thinner. My skin was fairer that before. I was tanner because I used to do a lot of outdoor sports back then. I also learned how to use make-ups, how to dress beautifully and even how to behave like a girl. My features now had become more lady-like than boyish.

 

But too bad that they had never seen my changes because I didn’t have any chance to make them see.

 

My last meeting with them was at my graduation day. That was the last time they saw me. I moved out from my house after the graduation party. Probably on their mind, their memories of me was still the tomboy and boyish me. They had never known that I had changed.

 

After checking my attire twice, I walked out from my apartment and went to my working place.

 

Actually my working place was a cake & café that used to be my father’s cake shop. My family decided to sell the cake shop after my father died when I was at my senior year of High School. The owner was my father’s friend so he gave me the job at his place as a patisserie.

 

Yes, I was learning how to make cakes or desserts.

 

Probably because I used to help my father with his cake shop, I grew the interest of making cakes. I was good with cooking since I had lived alone with my dad so we often shared the house chores. But I’ve learned since I was very young that we could make people happy with cakes and foods. That was the reason why I wanted to be a patisserie.

 

I entered the café and quickly went to the back. “I’m so sorry because I’m late.” I told all the staffs as I passed by. I went to the changing room and put my stuffs there. I grabbed my apron and used it as I walked out from the changing room. I tied up my hair and ready for work. I stood at the counter and put on my smile, ready to greet the customers.

 

 

= Yang Yoseob =

 

“I told you that this place is good.”

 

I tried to convince my friends about this café and cake shop that I just found few days ago. It had been long since we were last gone to this part of place since it brought many memories for us. The memories about the cake shop that was owned our best friend’s father.

 

It was so sad because the father died due to accident right on the graduation day of his daughter. And after the funeral, our best friend suddenly moved out and disappeared. We lost our contact with her. But we always remembered about her and her tomboy attitude. We were almost never thought of her as a girl.

 

Son DongWoon looked at the shop. “But isn’t it noona father’s shop? He said.

 

I could feel reluctant tone on his voice and I could see that the other 4 friends of mine were seemed to be reluctant too.

 

“Yes, but the cakes here are good. You should try it.” I said again.

 

I heard a sigh came from DooJoon hyung. “Alright, I guess we should try then.”

 

I glad that DooJoon supported me. “Trust me. The taste is good.” I said as I pushed the door open and the bell jingled.

 

I couldn’t say that the taste was better since I didn’t want them to be sad. AeGi noona and her father were like our own family. So it gave us a lot of shock when he died and AeGi noona disappeared.

 

We were walking to the display cases where the cakes were displayed there. The staff was greeting us but I ignored him since the cakes were so tempting. The cakes indeed looked great. I felt like I was drooling when I saw them all.

 

“Wah, they all look good.” I looked at HyunSeung who bent his body to see the cakes. “What shall we have for today, hyung?”

 

“The chocolate cake seems good. I think I’ll take that one.” Lee KiKwang said behind me.

 

“I want the vanilla one.” DongWoon said.

 

“Is the tiramisu fine?” DooJoon hyung looked at the male staff. “I’ll take that one.”

 

“Strawberry shortcake please.” JunHyung hyung said.

 

“They even have banana cake.” HyunSeung hyung said then looked at the male staff behind the counter. “I’ll take that one.”

 

I smirked as I heard the odd taste of HyunSeung hyung.

 

The male staff looked at me. “And you, sir?”

 

I looked back to the cakes. I couldn’t make up my mind. They were all looked great. But then, I thought I heard the familiar voice. I looked around and saw a female staff greeted a couple who had just arrived on the front of the display cases.

 

I thought I knew the voice. It was so familiar yet bringing back the memories.

 

But the girl, I didn’t recognize her. She had this long hair that she tied to the back while the one that I had in mind was having this extra short hair like a boy. She was using soft pink shirt, a color that never been liked by that tomboy girl. And her cheeks, even though it was chubby but the one that I knew was chubbier. This girl that I saw was looked so feminine, beautiful and extremely cute. When she laughed, she put her hand to cover her lips. A lady-like gesture that I had never seen from the one that I thought it was her.

 

But I recognized that eyes-smile. The way of the smile formed on her eyes when she smiled. It was so familiar.

 

Unconsciously, I said the name that I missed so much.

 

“AeGi noona?”

 

The girl turned her face to see me and her smile faded. She seemed to surprise as her lips slit open and her eyes widened as she didn’t expect to see me there.

 

“Yoseob?”

 

---

Afterwords:

New update!! finally~

and to answer some of the comments:

@kyuri91: JunHyung memories on the chapter 2 was the only one that came from their high school period.

@deedee48: the AeGi on my other fic was delicate.. but this AeGi is not~ and Tiffany is the closest image that I could get for this AeGi. Actually Tiffany is cute~

@pl_lauj: you can see the change of AeGi on this chapter. I hope this chapter will answer your question.

@miruka: I'm glad that you like the KiKwang's memory.. I dunno why I chose that scene.. but it's cute, isn't it? ^^

@raigel9elise & Miyu: Somehow I always have the thought of Yoseob along with cakes XDD And Miyu-chan, please give back HyunSeung to me... I'll give him later to you after I finish with this fic~ LOL :P

@damnitsfiction: don't cry~ it's not a sad fic actually~ ^^ I hope you will like it.

@msnosun: thank God that you like the fic.. but so sorry~ >_<

and for all: thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ I hope you will enjoy the story. To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~