The Memories

Without You

 

= Yoon DooJoon =

 

We were still on 2nd grade at that time. I was playing soccer with the other kids. The opponent was blocking my way. I tried to escape but he was faster than me. But then…

 

“Yoon DooJoon!”

 

I heard the call and I turned to see the one who called me.

 

It was her, the tomboy and sporty girl Shin AeGi, jumping around so I would pass the ball to her. Her hair was short and she was dressed with boy clothes. She had those chubby cheeks that I loved to pinch. Probably at the first glance, you would think that she was a boy. She really looked like a boy.

 

Probably because I was unguarded, the boy who stood in the front of me took the ball.

 

“Aish, Pabo!” She cursed at me.

 

“Ya! You’re the one who make me unguarded.” I complained at her.

 

She clicked her tongue then ran to after the boy who brought the ball. And out of nowhere, she managed to steal the ball from the boy. I quickly ran toward the opponent goal post as I saw her running there. She dribbled the ball expertly and managed to make a goal.

 

She cheered as she scored.

 

It was one of my memories about her. She was always been the tomboy and sporty girl that shared common interests with me. We always discussed everything about sports or did the sport together. But now she had changed.

 

 

 

= Yong JunHyung =

 

I was running toward the school as I was almost late. I almost reached the gate and the gate started to close. To see the gate that started to close, I increased my speed. I wasn’t a sport type actually. But suddenly, I saw someone ran dashed at my side.

 

“Yong JunHyung, hurry up!”

 

It was her, Shin AeGi. She was a tomboy girl with short hair. Probably if she wasn’t forced to use skirt for our High School uniform, she would dress like a boy. So she was late too. She ran passing me. Even though she was faster than me, but the gate was closed when she reached the door. I came to her side and stopped, panting like crazy because I was running.

 

“Aish.” I said as I threw my fist to the gate then looked at AeGi who was leaning forward. “Do you have idea?”

 

She looked at me and nodded then straightened her body. “Come on.” She said then went to the left side of the gate.

 

I looked at the gate then followed her. I saw her stopped at the fence and looked at me.

 

“Help me.” She said as she pointed at the branch from the tree behind the tall fence.

 

“But you use skirt.” I told her as I looked at her uniform.

 

“I don’t care. Or do you want to skip school again?” She said as she lowered the sport pants that she used underneath her skirt.

 

I released a sigh then made a bridge with both of my hand for her to step up. I really couldn’t believe with this girl’s behavior even though I already knew her since I could remember. She quickly stepped on my hand. I brought her up so she would able to reach the branch.

 

“Ya, you should have diet. You’re heavy.” I told her though I knew that she was actually slender. But she got this big appetite in foods.

 

She stopped and looked down at me. “Shut up.” She snapped me.

 

Once she had reached the branch, she climbed the fence. I always amazed on how she could bring self to climb any trees or fences that she met. She really looked like a monkey. Finally she was on the top of the fence. She turned to see me.

 

“Are you going too?” She asked with her wide grin.

 

I exhaled again then threw my bag to her. She caught it and threw it inside. I jumped and reached the branch. She took my other hand and pulled me up. I didn’t know how she could maintain her balance on the fence while pulling me up. But I always knew that she was the monkey who really good at sports. After pulling me up, she jumped down the fence. I did the same too after she moved away.

 

“Ya, what are you exactly?” I asked her.

 

She just looked at me with her big rounded eyes and smiled, giving me her smiling eyes. “Wonsung-i?” She said carelessly then walked away.

 

I just shook my head as I saw her walked away.

 

 

It was one of my memories about her. She was always being the tomboy girl who loved to use boy clothes. She had never become someone with lady-like behavior. But now she had changed.

 

 

= Jang HyunSeung =

 

I was flinched as the cold water was splashed onto me. I could hear all those boys were laughing at my drenched body. I did nothing, just standing there on the corner of the toilet. It was not my fault that I had the skinny body and pretty features just like a girl. But those all had brought me to be the one that they bullied. It was my 4th grade and my 4th time changing schools.

 

Suddenly, I saw someone dashed in, grabbed the collar of the boy in the front of me and pushed him to the wall. I blinked as I saw someone pinned the boy to the wall. It was someone that dressed as a boy with a cap on the head.

 

“What have you done to him?” She asked.

 

Yes… that someone who pinned the boy was actually a girl. She was my classmate on this new school. I was transferred to the school just few days ago and I got her as my tablemate. Her name was Shin AeGi.

 

“I don’t…” The boy replied her.

 

But before he managed to talk any further, Shin AeGi already swung her hand and her punch was landed on the boy’s cheek, bringing him down to the floor. The other friends of the boy charged toward her to fight against her. I also saw Yoon DooJoon and Yong JunHyung from the same class came forward to help her. They were fought. Then the next thing I knew, we all were stood on the principal’s office, listening to the lecture that she gave us.

 

 

It was one of my memories about her. She was always being the tomboy girl who had never thought twice to fight for her friends. The will to defend her friends was still inside of her. But now she had changed.

 

 

= Yang Yoseob =

 

I was looking at the cake shop through the window. The cakes that were displayed on the shop would always make me drools. They looked so delicious. I gulped as I saw one of the guests dug her spoon to the soft layer of the strawberry cake. The cream looked so soft.

 

Suddenly the bell sound of the cake shop made me surprised. I turned my gaze to look at the door beside me. And there she was standing with her boyish look. But I knew her. She was Shin AeGi, the 3rd grader that was famous with her tomboy behavior. No one would see or think her as a girl. I was a year younger than her.

 

“Ya, you’re disturbing my father’s customers.” She scolded me.

 

I blinked. I didn’t know that the cake shop was belonged to her father. I moved away from the window.

 

“Sorry.” I told her as I put my hands on my back pockets.

 

But she was staring at me with her rounded eyes. Somehow her gaze made me feeling guilty. I dropped my gaze to my feet.

 

“Do you want to try a strawberry cake?”

 

I quickly looked at her as I heard the question. My smile bloomed along. “Can I?”

 

She smiled, showing the eye smile along with her smile, and nodded. “Come inside.” She said as she pushed the door wider.

 

 

It was one of my memories about her. So please blame her for my chubby cheeks. But she was always being the tomboy girl who always shared her foods with me. She never even cared about her appearance. But now she had changed.

 

 

= Lee KiKwang =

 

I was running after the boyish girl on the front of me while holding the balloon that I just got from my dad. She was so fast. She was Shin AeGi, a year older girl who lived beside my house. She was so tomboy to the point that I thought that I had a big brother instead of big sister. She was using a cap over her short hair and sticking out her tongue at me. I was still 4 years old at that time while noona was 5.

 

“Catch me if you can, Kikwang.” She said.

 

I tried to increase my speed. But instead, I fell down and lost my grip of my balloon. I felt pain on my knee. But to see my balloon flew away, it made me sad. So I started to cry.

 

Probably because seeing me crying, AeGi noona came back to me. She squatted on the front of me.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“The balloon.” I said between my cry.

 

AeGi noona looked up. I could hear her sighed. She stood up again and went away. My cry became louder as I felt that AeGi noona was so cruel to leave me behind. But not too long afterward, I saw her came back to the front of me.

 

“Here.”

 

I saw the rope of my balloon on the front of me. I looked up and saw AeGi noona had stretched out her hand with my balloon on her hand. She was smiling, showing me her cute eyes smile.

 

“I got your balloon back, didn’t I? So stop crying.”

 

I stopped my cry and sobbed.

 

“Get up.” She said as she offered her other hand to me.

 

I took the hand and she pulled me to stand up. She gave me my balloon back so I held the rope on my hand. I held it so tight as I didn’t want the balloon to escape again. Then she squatted to clean my dirty cloth and her gaze stopped at my knee.

 

“Ah, you’re wounded.” She said then looked at me.

 

I looked down to my knee and saw my wound. Suddenly, AeGi Noona turned her back on me while kneeling.

 

“Jump on. I’ll get you home.”

 

I obeyed and got onto her back. She stood up and gave me a piggy back riding as we went back home. I looked up to the trees as she carried me behind her back. The trees were so tall.

 

“How can noona get the balloon?”

 

“I climbed.” She replied honestly.

 

I looked at her. “Like a monkey?”

 

I could hear her chuckled. “Yes, like a monkey.”

 

“Then noona is wonsung-i.” I told her innocently.

 

But instead of being angry, she laughed.

 

 

It was one of my memories about her. I could never forget her kindness despite her boyish look and tomboy behavior. And I did believe that she would change someday. And she indeed had changed.

 

 

= Son DongWoon =

 

There they were again, running toward me, the dorky glasses eyed boy that they always bullied. I couldn’t blame them. I was dorky boy with big rounded glasses on my eyes. I was always been the studios type. My father was a university professor. So he always made me study.

 

I stopped my steps and let them mocking at me. But then, I heard a familiar yell came from behind me, making the boys froze and ran.

 

I looked around and saw the boyish girl from the 4th grade. I knew her. Her name was Shin AeGi. She was 2 years older than me, but she was so brave. I heard that she fought on the other day for defending the new transferred boy from the boys that bullied her. My mother was her father’s customer on their cake shop, so I knew her.

 

“Ya!”

 

I saw her passing me by and stopped not too far from me.

 

“Cowards! If I catch you, you’ll die!” She cursed at those boys.

 

Ah, I would never be as brave as her.

 

She turned and came back to my side. “Son DongWoon, are you alright?”

 

I nodded as I dropped my gaze.

 

“Want to go home together?”

 

I nodded again then walked beside her.

 

 

It was one of my memories about her. She was so kind and so tomboy to the point that I would never think her as a girl. She was always being the one that I adored. But she had changed but her kindness was the one that had never changed.

 

---

Afterwords:

Finally another update for this story. This chapter is just the memories that all the boys shared with the heroine. Except for Yong JunHyung, all of the memories were happened while they were still kids while JunHyung's was when they were High School. How she had change, probably I'll tell on the next chapter.

 

Thank you for all those who had subscribed and comments to the fic. I hope you will enjoy the story. To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the fic~ ^^

And hum... I think I would need to have a poster for this one~