Secrets

Without You

= Shin Aegi =

 

I was back again to work after taking a week off because of my swollen ankle. Good thing that ByunHyung oppa was so good to understand about my condition. He was the one that gave me a week off actually. So when I got back to work, I determined to work my self harder to pay off his generousity.

 

But as I waited for customers to come, my mind back where Doojoon asked me to stop the engagement matter.

 

"Let's stop this all." He said.

 

Somehow I felt tired about his talk of cancelling the wedding. I banged the knife on the chopping board and looked at him.

 

"Can you please stop talking about this again?" I said. "I will call you oppa if you want me too. I'll go back to boyish girl that I used to be if you want me too. I'll cut off my hair if you ask me. But just, please, don't call off the wedding."

 

"Why?"

 

That one question had taken me back.

 

At first, his mother's condition was my reason which I couldn't say to him. I had promised to Omoni that I wouldn't tell anyone, including Doojoon. But then, I grew fond of him. He was my best friend and I felt the most comfort with him. But I still had to make sure about my own feeling toward him and also about Junhyung.

 

I looked back to the chopping board. "Just don't ask me the reason." I told him then went back to cook.

 

But then, I felt Doojoon rounded his arms on my waist from behind and he rested his chin on my shoulder. I froze when I felt his gesture. Somehow my heart started to beat faster and I found my self hard to breathe. I dropped my face as I felt the heat crept onto my face, letting my hair fell down to cover my face from his sight. I didn’t want him to see that I was blushing.

 

“I just don’t want you to regret your decision, Aegi.” I heard him whispering on my ear. “I don’t want you to get hurt.” He paused for a moment and I could feel that he moved his head. “Because once we’re married, there won’t be turning back for us.”

 

Then the door bell sound broke the terrain of my thought. I looked up as I said, "Welc-"

 

I stopped because I saw Yoon Omoni on the door. My smile went wider to see her.

 

"Omoni." I said as she walked closer. I bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo."

 

Omoni just smiled. She still looked healthy though her body was thinner.

 

"Why are you here, Omoni?"

 

"How's your ankle?"

 

I looked down to my ankle. The lint was still there, bandaging my left ankle. Doojoon must have told her about my ankle. I looked back at Omoni as I smiled. "It's fine already. Thank you for your concern."

 

"Now, can you come with me?"

 

I frowned. "Where?" I asked.

 

"You have yet chosen your wedding dress, young lady." She said.

 

I formed an 'a' with my mouth as I remembered about that. “Now?”

 

Omoni nodded. "We need to pick the dress without Doojoon." She smiled. “Remember. It’s a bad omen if the groom sees the wedding dress before the wedding.”

 

I gasped as I remembered about that. I quickly took a glance toward Byunhyung oppa who just walked out from the kitchen. "Oppa..." I called him.

 

Byunhyung oppa looked at me. "What?"

 

"I need to go for my wedding preparation."

 

He just released a sigh. "Just go."

 

I gave him a big and happy grin. "Thank you." I looked back at Omoni. "Just wait for a moment, Omoni." I went to the back.

 

Then not too long later, I was back to the cafe part again and ready to go with Omoni.

 

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

I was in the middle of my soccer practice when I heard one of my teammate called me. I looked at him as he ran from outside of the field.

 

"Someone is looking for you." He said to me. "He said that he's your future brother-in-law." He pointed to outside of the field.

 

I looked at the direction and saw Tae-il hyung stood there. He waved at me as he saw me looking at him. I smiled to him and jogged toward him.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo." I greeted him as I slowed down and slightly bowed.

 

Tae-il hyung just nodded. "Annyeong." He said casually.

 

"How can you find me?" I asked him.

 

He just smiled. "I felt that I ever saw you before then I realized that you're Yoon family's son. And to find your club, I just need to ask to Na-seon." He paused. "As a soccer player, you're quietly famous."

 

I just dropped my gaze and smiled because I felt praised. "Thank you."

 

"Well, I need to speak with you. Do you have time?"

 

I looked at the field. My friends were practicing there. But I guessed I could take a break for a moment. I looked back at Tae-il hyung and nodded. "Sure." I said then pointed at the bench. "Let's talk there."

 

Tae-il hyung seemed to agree. We walked there and sat.

 

"Is Aegi fine?"

 

"She twisted her ankle. But now she's fine." I told him.

 

"Well, thank you for taking care of her." He said. "But I'm very sorry that you must to see how bad our family treated her." He smiled lopsided. "But Halmoni already took care of it. She was very angry when you left with Aegi. She scolded everyone on the front of the guests and shooed all the guests out from the house."

 

I smiled to imagine that.

 

"But sometimes I felt pity to Aegi." He said seriously. "She has to carry all those burdens with her."

 

I looked at him when I heard his words. "Why?"

 

"Probably people guess that I will be the one who take over the family business. But I guess Halmoni and Araboji still want Aegi as the heir."

 

He paused for a while.

 

"I guess that was the reason why everyone on our family sees her as a treat for their comfort life. They are afraid that Aegi will take all the family's business and fortunes. They will lose everything that they have. They treat her so bad because they think that Aegi will release her right like Hyunkyung ahjussi did."

 

"But why are you nice to her? Will you be losing your position also if Aegi agrees to take over the family'?"

 

Tae-il hyung smiled gently. "I had promised to help her and protect her."

 

I frowned to his words. He looked at me and smiled again.

 

"I was born right after Hyunkyung ahjussi decided to leave the family. Then Halmoni and Araboji took me in and prepared me to be the one that would manage the business."

 

He paused.

 

"But what that everyone never knows was the fact that Halmoni and Araboji were supporting Hyunkyung ahjussi. I met Aegi for the first time when she was still a new-born because Araboji took me to visit them. Araboji said that I need to support Aegi in the future. But I guess Aegi doesn’t actually care about the family’s fortunes."

 

Tae-il smiled.

 

"Beside, how can I hate Aegi when she was a cute baby that held my hand?"

 

I smiled lopsided. I understood his feeling. Aegi was a cute and loveable girl despite of her boyish traits while we were kids. And when she came back as a girl, I knew that I would never hate her.

 

“I care about Aegi and I love her as my own sister. Probably she’s the only one that I can consider as my own family.” He looked at me. "But I'm glad that now she has found someone to take care of her." Tae-il hyung said. "Please take care of her very well. I know you can do it and make her happy."

 

"Yes." I nodded.

 

"I must to go now." Tae-il hyung patted my shoulder. "Sorry to take your time." He stood up.

 

I stood up too. "It's fine."

 

He smiled again. "See you again." He walked away.

 

I bowed at him then watched him walked away. Surely, Tae-il hyung was someone that cared about Aegi along with Halmoni and their late Araboji. But then, what if Aegi decided to call off the wedding and returned to Junhyung?

 

Ah, I didn't want to think about it now.

 

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrated on my trouser's pocket. I fished it out and looked at the screen. There waa a message from my mom. I opened it up and grinned apologetically.

 

Oh, gosh. I forget that I have to meet her on the boutique now.

 

---

Hehehe~ another updates~

I think I'm on the roll today~ but I guess it'll keep on going until I'm running out of ideas or the bosses call me to work~ Yeah, I'm doing updates on working hours at my office~ XDDD

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^

Answers for comments:

@kyuri91: hum... I guess it's not a twist~ :P

@deedee48 : Aegi sees her late father in Doojoon?? Hum... probably~ XDDD But I guess Tae-il has revealed on the reason why their family treat Aegi so bad, right? It's all because of the family's fortunes. They think that Aegi will steal all the family fortunes because her grandparents were favoring her so much. So they want Aegi to back off by treating her so bad. Can you imagine if Aegi never back out and Halmoni choose her as the one that get all the family fortunes along with Tae-il?? XDDD

And I guess... I want to have a guy like Doojoon for my own boyfriend/husband~ >_< LOL