Yes or No?

Without You

= Shin Aegi =

 

The day had come for me to meet Yoon Aboji. I checked my self for the second time on the mirror. I used a simple knee-length dress with soft color and floral pattern and white high-heels as my shoes. I tied half of my hair and put on simple make-up on my face. Then I walked out from my apartment and came to the place where Doojoon asked me to wait for him.

 

I arrived at the fountain area downtown. I looked around and didn’t find him. I looked at my wristwatch. Probably Doojoon would be a little late. So I took a seat on the fountain area and waited for him.

 

But not too long after, I saw him coming. He was using suit without tie again. He looked great. I smiled to see him and stood up.

 

“Sorry, I’m late.” He told me as he arrived on the front of me. He smiled. “You look beautiful.”

 

Somehow I felt slight heat came to my face. “Thank you.” I told him as I smiled.

 

Then he offered me his hand. “Come on, my lady.”

 

I chuckled with his joke and clicked my tongue before I slapped his arm. “Stop it. Don’t joke around.” I told him with pouted lips.

 

He just chuckled. “But seriously, my parents are waiting now.” He said as he put his hands on his pants pockets.

 

“Ah, okay.” I said then both of us went away.

 

I already knew that his parents would set up the meeting on the restaurant on high-class hotel. So I chose to use formal but casual dress. Yoon Aboji was a successful businessman. Actually he had prepared Doojoon to be his heir, but it seemed that Doojoon had chosen his own life as a soccer player than to take over his father’s business.

 

Doojoon stopped his car on the front of the hotel and handed the key to the valet service. Then we walked toward the door. But I noticed that his collar was a little not right. So I stretched out my hand and grabbed his arm slightly to stop him. Doojoon stopped and turned to see me. He seemed to question why I stopped him with his gaze. I just raised my hand and fixed his collar. I also made sure that his suit was cleaned. Somehow I liked to do that for him. But I could feel that he was frozen up under my touch. I chose to ignore it.

 

After I done, I looked up to him and smiled. “There.” I said. “You’re handsome now.”

 

I saw pink shades came to his cheeks but he smiled.

 

“Thank you, Aegi-ah.”

 

I felt my heart skipped by the way he called my name. Actually my name had another meaning and I thought that he called me as his sweetheart before I realized that he was actually just calling my own name. I just smiled awkwardly.

 

“Let’s go.” I told him as I rounded my hand on his arm.

 

We walked in and came to the restaurant part. I saw Yoon Omoni and Aboji were sitting on one table near the window. Both of us came to them. They were looking at us when we came closer. I could see that Yoon Aboji smiled when he saw us coming. Yoon Omoni smiled too. But I was worried about her. And she looked thinner than the last time I met her.

 

I slipped my hand from Doojoon’s arm and bowed to them. “Hello, Aboji. Hello, Omoni.”

 

Aboji smiled and replied me, “Hello, Aegi. Have a seat please." He pointed to the chairs across of him.

 

Doojoon took the chair out and looked at me. I understood that he was just being polite and being a gentleman. So I sat and he took the chair beside me.

 

"It's nice to see you again, Aegi." Omoni paused as I smiled. “And you look pretty.” My mom said again.

 

This time, I felt praised with her words. I let out a slight chuckle. “Thank you, Omoni."

 

We ordered the foods.

 

“Well…”

 

I looked back to Aboji.

 

“Probably you’re wondering why I call you today.” He paused as he dropped his gaze. “Actually, Aegi.” He looked at me.

 

I knew that Doojoon’s father was not the type of person who liked to beat around the bush so I could guess that he would mention about the marriage plan soon.

 

“I have been thinking about you and Doojoon. And since both of us are getting older, we thought that Doojoon will need someone to take care of him.” He paused. “So, we thought you can take care of him.”

 

I just looked at him, waiting for him to say the words.

 

“And since both of you already know each other since kids, we thought that you don’t need to have longer time for dating.” He paused again. “So, I guess it’s better if both of you get married as soon as possible.”

 

“Ah…” I just nodded my head.

 

I took a glance to Doojoon. He just sat while leaning his body on the chair and resting his elbow the chair’s arm. He propped his chin on his palm. It seemed that he caught me glancing at him. He looked back at his father and said nothing. It seemed that he had a long talk with his father and perhaps arguments until he reached this point. He seemed to disagree and reluctant to follow his father’s plan but he didn’t able to do anything with his father’s wish.

 

“If you agree, I will take care of everything. So you don’t need to worry about the marriage and all.”

 

I saw Doojoon leaned closer to me. I looked at him.

 

“You don’t need to agree if you don’t want to.” He whispered to me.

 

I just smiled at him as if I wanted to tell him that he didn’t have to worry about me.

 

Then I looked at Omoni. She was indeed thinner than the last time I met her on the café. She had told me that I should take care of Doojoon. She had been so nice to me and considered me as her own kid since I could remember. She used to come to my house and took care of me when my dad was away along with Lee Omoni. She would scold Doojoon whenever she saw bruises and scars all over my body or scolded us when we were coming back with dirty clothes. She would be angry at us if she saw Doojoon had a fight with me. I still remembered that she used to make us kneeled for hours for our punishment. Yoon Omoni had become a mother figure for me more than Lee Omoni and somehow I wanted to do something for her in return.

 

I dropped my gaze and thought for a while. But I guessed I already made up my mind. I inhaled and turned to look at Aboji.

 

I’m ready to tell my decision.

 

---

Another update for today~ And I'll leave you all to guess what will happen next~ XDDD

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^