Stop

Without You

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

Doojoon was giving me the back ride when we were walking to my apartment. He didn't let me to walk not even once since he was afraid that my ankle would be worse. He put me down on the sofa and stood up as he turned to see me.

 

"Where's the first aid kit?" He asked.

 

I looked at the bathroom door and pointed at it. "On the bathroom cabinet." I told him.

 

He looked around toward the door that I pointed then walked toward the door. I looked down to my clothes.

 

Gosh, I'll have a hard time to clean up my clothes later.

 

I just released a sigh then took off the high heels that I used. Doojoon was right. My left ankle was swelling up now.

 

I looked up as I heard the sound of the bathroom door opened. Doojoon came out and put the first aid kit beside him before he sat down on the floor in the front of me. He lifted my foot up and placed it gently on his lap. He took out a lint and bandaged my ankle gently..

 

"I'm going to tighten the bandage a little bit. Tell me if it hurts."

 

"Okay." I relied him.

 

I watched Doojoon as he tended my ankle. As I watched him, I realized that he had grown up to be a fine man. His shoulders were board and he was good looking. When he was sitting in the front of me like this, I was tempting to touch his hair and ran my fingers through his hair. But...

 

Aish, Shin Aegi. What have you think about?

 

I facepalmed my self when I felt the bandage was tightened.

 

"AWW!!" I quickly glared at him. "Doojoon." I protested.

 

He grinned and just said, "Sorry."

 

"Do you even know how to do it?" I snapped him again.

 

He stopped and looked up at me. "Ya. Don't underestimate me. I'm a sportman and I know what I'm doing."

 

"But it hurts." I whined at him.

 

"I know." He said in softer voice and guilt on his eyes, as if he was sorry to make me in pain, as if I was something precious for him. "Sorry."

 

I just released a sigh. "Just..." I paused. "Just do it quickly, will you?"

 

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

I just smiled when she asked me to finish quickly. I looked down again and finished my work. I worked carefully as I didn't want to make her felt the pain again. I knew how hurt it was when your ankle was bandaged.

 

"Doojoon." I heard her called my name.

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"Do you want to ask about my family?"

 

"I was." I said as I tied up the lint then looked up to her. "But I guess their attitudes toward you speak the best. So no need to tell me  anything. But somehow I'm glad that Hyunkyung ahjussi decided to leave."

 

Aegi chuckled. "Yes, I guess so."

 

I smiled at her and put her foot down gently. "Now..." I looked back at her. "Go and change your clothes. I'll try to make something for lunch."

 

She frowned. "You can cook?" She asked as she stood up.

 

I just gave her a big smile. "Nope."

 

I guessed my answer was too frankly to the point that I had made her dropped her jaw.

 

"Ya. Don't touch my kitchen while I change my clothes." She warned me. "Don't ever think to step on it." Then she went to her bedroom with limping steps.

 

I just smiled to see her. But I guessed I couldn't let her walking here and there with that kind of feet, right?

 

 

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

When I came out from the bedroom, I saw Doojoon was at the kitchen, trying to make something for lunch. When I saw him there, I clicked my tongue.

 

Did he not hear my warning?

 

"Ya, Yoon Doojoon." I called him as I walked limpingly toward the kitchen. "What are you doing?"

 

"Cooking." He said. "You can't stand or walk too much with that foot."

 

I stopped beside him and looked at the chopping board where Doojoon was chopping the vegetable in clumsy way.

 

"What do you want to make?" I asked him.

 

"Stew and omelette."

 

I quickly get the frying pan where he fried the omelette. He almost got the omelette burnt. So I took care of the omelette and saved it.

 

I looked at Doojoon and released a frustration sigh as I saw him cut the radish on big pieces. Suddenly I saw a flash of my memory about Appa on the kitchen.

 

"Ya. You cut it in the wrong way." I complained.

 

He frowned. "Am I?" He looked at me.

 

"Argh."

 

I came to him, took the knife from him and pushed him off from the chopping board. I cut the radish, finishing his work.

 

"Anything that I can help?"

 

"No." I quickly replied him then turned to see Doojoon. "Just get out from the kitchen and watch the TV or do anything else." I pushed him away.

 

Suddenly I remembered when I drove Appa out from the kitchen at my toddler's time. I did the same thing to Doojoon now. I chuckled as I went back to the chopping board.

 

"Are you sure you don't need my help?" Doojoon asked again.

 

"Yes, I'm sure." I said as I tucked my hair back to my ear.

 

I took a quick look at him. He was watching me from the side, just like what Appa did when I first cooked for us. I smiled on how similar the situation right now.

 

"Why do you smile?"

 

I shook my head. "Nothing. I just remember my father."

 

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

When she mentioned her father, I went silent. I just hoped that she didn't get hurt by the memories of her father. I knew Aegi loved her father so much. I walked toward her and leaned on the table beside her.

 

"Hyunkyung ahjussi?"

 

That was the only thing that I could say to her.

 

She nodded. "You know what strange about Appa?"

 

Though Aegi had asked me, but she also the one that answered the question.

 

"He was so good in baking cakes, but he was so bad in cooking."

 

She giggled, making me smiled along with her.

 

"I was 4 and he was trying to cook at home but turned out to make messes. I had to drive him out from the kitchen."

 

Instead of being sad, I saw her eyes were sparkling. She was happy. And those sparkling eyes were reminded me on how much I loved her. Her easy-going trait was capturing me, even from the start when I knew her for the first time. I had fallen for her for so long but never realized it until she disappeared and showed up again.

 

I loved this girl. I wanted her to be mine, someone that I could truly call my girl.

 

I raised my hand, wanted to tuck her hair back to her ear. But I stopped halfway.

 

Even though I felt honored that she thought I reminded her to his father, I knew to whom her heart was belonged. It was breaking my heart to know that she never loved me.

 

I clenched my hand and lowered it. I looked down to my hands.

 

"Aegi." I called her name softly.

 

"Hmmm?" She diverted her gaze to me.

 

"Let's stop this all."

 

 

---

Update again~ and it's still so early morning for me~

 

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^

Answers for comments:

@deedee48 : Drama?? Indonesian drama? Sinetron? Bleah.. but I dunno why I felt that too~ XDDD

@pumpkin21, @trixieelle : Junhyung will come eventually~ He needs time to recover and besides he got something to do overseas~ ^^