Hope It’s You

Without You

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

I was sitting across of my parents. They were talking to each others, wondering on how my girlfriend would be. Aboji even threatened me if he would execute his plan immediately if the girl that had become my girlfriend didn't meet his standard.

 

I looked at my wristwatch. Aegi was late for 10 minutes. And I felt nervous was building up inside of me.

 

Where is this girl?

 

I just wished that she wasn’t backing herself out. I didn’t know what I had to do if she did that.

 

But then, the restaurant door opened and I saw a familiar girl walked in. My jaw dropped as I saw her.

 

It was Aegi for sure. But she was so beautiful and sweet with this dark blue one piece dress and red cardigan on her. She tied her half of her hair, making her to be elegant. And she used ankle-length boots with high heels for her shoes. She made natural curly on the bottom of her straight long hair. I noticed that she liked to use natural make ups than the thick one. She might look so simple, but she was breathe-taking beautiful.

 

Wow, Aegi is surely knew how dress her self now.

 

I smiled as I saw her came toward me and I stood up to welcome her.

 

"Sorry that I'm late." She told me.

 

"It's fine." You are forgiven because you're so pretty, Aegi. I told my self.

 

Aegi turned to face my parents who now looked shock to see her. "Hello, Omoni, Aboji."

 

"Aegi?" My mother said in awe. "Are you Shin Aegi?"

 

She smiled. "Yes, I'm Shin Aegi."

 

My mom looked so happy. She stood up in joy and hugged my best friend that she hadn't seen for so long. "It’s Shin Aegi." She released her hug. "Since when you're back?"

 

"Around a month or two." She said.

 

"Omo." My mom looked at her from head to toe. "You looked so pretty." My mom turned to my dad. "Right, honey?"

 

My dad smiled. "Yes, you've changed a lot, Aegi-ah." He paused. "But I didn't know that you are dating my son."

 

"Ah, that..." Aegi threw a glance at me.

 

"We're just started to date, Aboji." I told them.

 

My mom looked understood. "Well, take a seat." She said.

 

I rounded my hand on her waist and pushed her gently to the chair. Aegi took the chair beside me and I sat after she sat.

 

"Wow, it has been so long." My mom said. "What do you do for working, Aegi?"

 

"I'm a patisserie."

 

My parents' smiles disappeared as she mentioned her job. I knew why. It reminded them to Aegi's father.

 

"Ah, HyunKyung must be proud to see that you're taking his step too." My dad said.

 

Hyunkyung was Aegi father's name.

 

Aegi just smiled. "I think he would."

 

My mom tried to melt the situation. "Well, can we order the foods now, honey? I'm hungry already."

 

My dad nodded. "Okay." He said then opened the menu.

 

My mom looked at Aegi. "What do you want, Aegi?" She smiled. “You look a little bit thinner.”

 

“Yes.” I cut in then pinched her cheek. “And I miss her chubby cheeks.”

 

“Ya! It hurts!” She slapped my hand away.

 

My parents laughed. “Doojoon, you shouldn’t do that to her. You have to treat her well.” My mom told me.

 

I smiled to hear that from my mom then turned my gaze at Aegi. I touched her cheek with the back of my fingers and caressed her cheek. “Of course I will.”

 

“And Aegi-ssi.”

 

Aegi turned to see my dad.

 

“If you’re his girl, I couldn’t less agree. Please take care of my stupid son very well, okay.”

 

Aegi just chuckled slightly and nodded.

 

Aish, Aboji, I’m not marrying her for real. Don’t ask her to take care of me.

 

But somehow, I was glad that my parents could accept Aegi well enough. I had guessed it actually. But seeing them now, I felt like I was really introducing her as my girlfriend and soon she would become my wife.

 

But I didn’t know how her heart was. She had loved Gikwang and been rejected by him. Then probably she was considering having relation with Junhyung. At least, that was something that I caught from them yesterday. But somehow I wished that Aegi could be mine. Somehow I wanted her to be my girl. I knew I couldn’t. But I wanted her to love me.

 

And how my heart was wished for it.

 

 

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

Finally, Yoon Omoni and Aboji were leaving, ending up this ridiculous mission that I needed to do for Doojoon. I heaved a sigh and lazed my self on the table.

 

“Ah, finally.” I dropped my head to my hands that crossed on the table.

 

I heard Doojoon chuckled. “Thank you, Aegi.” I looked at him. He was smiling gently. “You have saved me.”

 

I smiled in return. “It’s fine. Glad to help.”

 

But Doojoon was right. Probably if he hadn’t chosen me, he wouldn’t pass the lunch meeting smoothly. I could play along very well with him since I knew Doojoon very well. And somehow I couldn’t picture Doojoon with other girl. But I didn’t know either about the girls on my six best friends’ life since I had left after our graduation day.

 

“But Omoni and Aboji never change.” I giggled as I said that then straightened up my body. “They’re still treating me so nice.” I looked at Doojoon.

 

“Yeah. And I used to ask them whether I’m their real son since they’re treating you nicer than me.”

 

I laughed with his words then I propped my chin to my palm. As I touched my cheek, I remembered that Doojoon caressed my cheek earlier. And somehow his warmth still lingered on my cheek. It made my heart skipped a beat.

 

I think I’m blushing with it.

 

I dropped my face, hoping that my hair would cover my cheek. So Doojoon wouldn’t know that I was blushing. But I guessed it was a mistake to have my hair partly tied like this since…

 

“Why are you blushing?”

 

Ah, so he has noticed. I really wanted to facepalm my self.

 

I turned my head to him and shook my head awkwardly. Doojoon was slightly smiling. His gaze looked gentle and he looked good on that suit that he used. I liked to see him like this.

 

“Huh? Nothing.” I replied him then looked back again to my drink.

 

Oh my, what am I thinking?

 

“Hey.” Doojoon nudged my lower arm that was laid on the table, making me looking back at him. “Since we’re on it, why don’t we have a date for today?”

 

I tilted her head. I was confused with his idea.

 

“I have two tickets for a soccer match today.” He paused. “Want to come?”

 

I gasped and nodded eagerly. Of course I wanted to come. Doojoon wouldn’t have to ask. I would come with him. After all, I liked soccer.

 

 

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

I was smiling widely as I saw Aegi gasped and nodded eagerly when I asked her to watch soccer match with me. Old Aegi was still there inside of her. So we headed to the stadium where the match was held.

 

While we were watching the match, I couldn’t help but to amaze on how Aegi could jump while cheering with that high-heel boots that she used. But Aegi looked very happy. She was enjoying the match. And I was so glad to have her on my side.

 

Even if for a while, I wanted to spend my time with Aegi and enjoyed my self on a date with her.

 

Just like this.

 

Then the match ended and we walked toward the exit. Aegi was walking beside me while talking about the match earlier. She was talking about the mistakes and the goals that had taken places during the match, about how fool the back field players on defending their post or about how well the goal keepers kept the ball out of their goal posts.

 

“Of course, they’re all professional players, Aegi.” I told her. “You can’t compare them with us back when we were kids.”

 

She smiled and looked at me as she stopped and faced her body to me. “But you’re a professional player too, right?”

 

A smile slipped to my face as I heard her said like that. “Yes, I am.”

 

Aegi’s smile went wider. She turned her body around, making her hair waved as she turned and started to walk again.

 

But then, I noticed some teenagers ran from behind us. They would crash onto Aegi. I stepped forward, grabbed her arm as I pulled her toward me. I also rounded my other arm on her waist and swap her from the outer side to the inner side.

 

 

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

It was all happened so fast. I was walking on the side of the road, and the next thing I found that I was on Doojoon’s embrace as he held my arm and rounded his other hand on my waist from behind.

 

I noticed that Doojoon had changed too. He was tall, even taller that when we were still on High School. And even with my high heels, he was still taller. I thought he was slender. But I just realized that his body was well-built. I could feel his well-built chest behind my back. I guessed being a soccer player had made him to work out. I could smell his perfume. It smelled good. And I felt overwhelming warmth that made me felt safe and protected. It was, somehow, nice to be on his embrace like this.

 

Now I just realized that Doojoon had changed. He was no longer a boy that used to play around with me or the boy that often debated with me until we could almost fight. Doojoon was a man now.

 

But why is my heart start to beat faster again?

 

“Aish, those kids.”

 

His voice broke through my mind. I looked up to him and he looked down at me.

 

“Are you okay?” He loosened his hand from my waist.

 

I nodded awkwardly as I dropped my face. I didn’t want him to see me blushing.

 

“Good.” He said as he took a step away from me then he took my hand. Ah, his hand is big and warm too. “Come on.” He pulled me to walk along with him toward the exit.

 

After the soccer match, we were walking around and having dinner. Then, I walked home with Doojoon. We were walking on the street. And I saw a low fence where I used to walk upon it when I was a kid. I quickly came to the fence and climbed up. I tried to balance my body again.

 

“Doojoon.” I called him.

 

Doojoon stopped and looked at me.

 

“Look.” I walked few steps on the fence, making him smiled.

 

I remembered that I used to do it while we were kids. Gikwang, Yoseob and Dongwoon used to follow me doing it. Hyunseung used to complain and told me that I would fall. But I always ignored him and proved him that he was wrong. While Doojoon and Junhyung used to watch us and sometime they came to follow me walking on the fence.

 

“You really like doing it, right?”

 

I looked at him and just said, “Huh?”

 

“Walking on the fence like this.”

 

I smiled. Yes, of course I like it. “I can be a circus player then.” I joked.

 

He chuckled. “I think it’ll be more predictable than you being a patisserie.”

 

I chuckled to his words. And Doojoon started to walk again.

 

“But I don’t know whether we can meet again and walk like this if you’re not becoming patisserie.”

 

I stopped because of his words. What does he mean?

 

Doojoon stopped and turned to me. Actually I wanted to ask him what he meant with his words. But somehow, I felt that Doojoon wouldn’t give me any answers. He just smiled. Then he stepped forward and stretched his hand to me.

 

“Come on.”

 

I looked at his hand then put my hand to his hand and jumped down from the fence. Then I put my hands on his shoulders to hold on as I jumped down. Doojoon put his hands on my waist as he caught me then put me down safely on the ground.

 

“Thank you.”

 

But somehow he didn’t let me away. And instead, he rounded his hands on my waist, bringing me closer to him. And once again, I was engulfed by the comforting warmth of his body.

 

“D-Doojoon?”

 

 

 

= Yoon Doojoon =

 

I thought I was out of my mind when I hugged her. But I wanted to hug her. I heard that she was stammered as she called my name. But I just wanted to hug her. I wanted to feel her on my embrace. Ever since I saw Junhyung hugging her on the Amusement Park, I often thought about her.

 

Ever since I was young, Aegi had been my motivation for doing sports. She was so good in sports. And when I was confused with what I wanted to do at the High School, Aegi was the one who encouraged me to be a soccer player.

 

She was my best friend back then. So the feeling of Liking or Loving her had never crossed my mind at that time. But I liked to see her around me and I would always like her to stay around me. And when she moved away after our graduation day and she became out of our reach, I started to realize that her existence was important for me. It took me a while to get my self back to my feet after she went away.

 

But now she had returned to us and I didn’t want to lose her again.

 

I dropped my head to her shoulder.

 

“Doojoon, what’s the matter?”

 

“No.” I replied her. “Nothing’s happen.”

 

I got a feeling that she would be taken away by somebody else. Probably it would be Junhyung. Lately I could see that he was looking at Aegi with gentle eyes. Junhyung fell in love with Aegi. I didn't know about Aegi. But somehow it was hurting me inside to imagine her with Junhyung.

 

And when we had lunch with my parents earlier today, I realized something. I had fallen for Aegi. I had loved her without knowing that I had loved her. I couldn’t imagine my self without her presence. And if I would get married with someone later, I really hoped that it was Aegi.

 

But I didn’t know now. Aegi had loved Gikwang before and now she seemed to be with Junhyung. So I thought I didn’t have a chance to get her.

 

“Just let me hug you for a while, Aegi.” Before I let you away to someone’s arms.

 

And I guessed those three words would be the words that I remained unsaid.

 

Yes… those three words.

 

I love you.

 

---

Updated~ ^^

Somehow I feel pity now with Doojoon. I don't know why... but I just do. Do you think Doojoon deserve a chance too? Hum... *thinking*

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^